Immobilizer Problem - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/18/2011, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: '00 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
fizzwhiz1 : who are you?
Question Immobilizer Problem

Hey guys! I have a '00 Eclipse GT and I have the immobilizer/anti-theft system, when i first purchased the car the immobilizer always activated (shows green symbol of car with key in it) and now for some reason when I lock my car using my keyless entry or even the lock switch on the drivers side the doors lock and beep to confirm its locked but the immobilizer no longer activates and doesn't show the green icon...sometimes when I tried locking and unlocking the car with the key in the drivers door the green light would come on but then for some reason after the green light disappeared the driver door would unlock itself...does anyone have any possible ideas as to what it could be and how to fix it? I love my car and I just want to make sure the security system activates and everything works alright. THANKS!!!!!
fizzwhiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/18/2011, 11:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
hates "smart" people

Vehicle: 2006 TSX
primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwhiz1 View Post
Hey guys! I have a '00 Eclipse GT and I have the immobilizer/anti-theft system, when i first purchased the car the immobilizer always activated (shows green symbol of car with key in it) and now for some reason when I lock my car using my keyless entry or even the lock switch on the drivers side the doors lock and beep to confirm its locked but the immobilizer no longer activates and doesn't show the green icon...sometimes when I tried locking and unlocking the car with the key in the drivers door the green light would come on but then for some reason after the green light disappeared the driver door would unlock itself...does anyone have any possible ideas as to what it could be and how to fix it? I love my car and I just want to make sure the security system activates and everything works alright. THANKS!!!!!
Immobilizer will always be active, the easiest way to find out is to use an unprogrammed key to start your car.

That light also indicates security alarm is armed for cars equipped with it.
After you used the remote to lock it, have you tried using the key to open the door? You car comes with alarm right?
Old 01/19/2011, 04:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 Eclipse Spyder GT
LostSoul sucksLostSoul sucksLostSoul sucks
If you have recently installed or had a shop install an alarm, it could be interfering with your immobilizer module. Other then that, I dont know what to say. Don't have much experience with immobilizers.
LostSoul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2011, 11:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: 00' Eclipse GT
Eclipse-GT : who are you?Eclipse-GT : who are you?
I had this exact problem once before myself. I reset the ECU by removing the negative battery cable for 10 seconds. It partially worked as in the light still didn't work for that feature. I changed the bulb behind it (was doing a gauge cluster swap and most of the feature lights were blown/non working) and this still didn't work. I had to have it replaced and it's not cheap by any means. Cheapest I found the part plus install was $400.00 I wish I could offer more/better advice and I hope my end result isn't something you have to go through.
Eclipse-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Tags
antitheft, eclipse gt, green light, immobilizer, problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.