SES and Blinking Neutral Light - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02/01/2011, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
Roguefrenzy : who are you?
SES and Blinking Neutral Light

I saw similar but not quite the same threads before posting this.

2001 Eclipse GT Automatic
95,000 miles
No modifications added
Owned it less than 2 years

I put it into gear and it would rev then jump into the gear.

Had "front" speed sensor replaced then the ECU replaced. (Supposedly it was burned and appeared as though some liquid had spilled on it.) That didn't fix the problem so it was taken to a different mechanic who noticed the plug in which the speed sensor connects was cracked so the whole wiring harness had to be replaced.

I got the car back. It no longer "jumps" into gears but instead it puts itself into 3rd gear with SES light and blinking neutral light. SES light comes on as soon as the engine starts the blinking neutral light doesn't start until after it is put into drive. It usually thuds its way into 3rd after a minute or 2 of driving.

Error codes: PO134, PO175, PO732, PO733, and PO734.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried searching and found no results for PO732-PO734 on these forums but I could have just missed them.
Roguefrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02/01/2011, 02:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
OBD-II Check Engine Light Trouble Codes

P0732 Gear 2 Incorrect ratio
P0733 Gear 3 Incorrect ratio
P0734 Gear 4 Incorrect ratio

This is what I'm about: The 3G, 1998 GSX, EVO IX GSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin711 View Post
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/01/2011, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
Roguefrenzy : who are you?
Sorry, I saw what the codes indicated I just haven't read about anybody else with these problems nor any solutions to these codes. That's what I should have said and I should have posted what the codes meant too.

PO134 02 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank I Sensor 1)
PO175 System Too Rich (Bank 2)

Please excuse anything I left out, its been a very long 7 month ordeal with nobody knowing what the hell is wrong with my car. Thanks for linking that website though, I'll be saving that for future reference.
Roguefrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/01/2011, 03:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguefrenzy View Post
Sorry, I saw what the codes indicated I just haven't read about anybody else with these problems nor any solutions to these codes. That's what I should have said and I should have posted what the codes meant too.

PO134 02 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank I Sensor 1)
PO175 System Too Rich (Bank 2)

Please excuse anything I left out, its been a very long 7 month ordeal with nobody knowing what the hell is wrong with my car. Thanks for linking that website though, I'll be saving that for future reference.
Oh there have been people with this problem. Use P0 (zero) not PO when searching and you'll see a few threads. Transmission Slipping It could be an electrical wiring problem since you replaced the whole harness, a bad torque converter or worse case scenario the gears are messed up.

This is what I'm about: The 3G, 1998 GSX, EVO IX GSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin711 View Post
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.