P0141 Thread #3million-1 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04/18/2011, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

T3I3 : who are you?
P0141 Thread #3million-1

Fed-Spec 2003 GT. Four oxygen sensors. P0141 Error.

Once I get this fixed I'm going to post the correct information here. no point in leaving all this false crap that I wrote. :/

Last edited by T3I3; 04/20/2011 at 07:17 PM.
T3I3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04/18/2011, 11:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
iMonster : who are you?
Track the wires back to the wiring harness. The wires have a tendency to slip out of their harnesses on these cars... obvoiusly if you replaced the o2 sensor twice already it's not on the side of the sensor it's self.

meaning you plug the sensor in to another wiring harness, and that wiring harness potentially busted.
iMonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/18/2011, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMonster View Post
Track the wires back to the wiring harness. The wires have a tendency to slip out of their harnesses on these cars... obvoiusly if you replaced the o2 sensor twice already it's not on the side of the sensor it's self.

meaning you plug the sensor in to another wiring harness, and that wiring harness potentially busted.
Sounds good man, will look into this tomorrow if I can get a second... Finals and work are Fxcking my face.
Old 04/19/2011, 12:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
iMonster : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3I3 View Post
Sounds good man, will look into this tomorrow if I can get a second... Finals and work are Fxcking my face.
I know the feeling, minus the work. my finals aren't too bad cause it's only my first year of college. if you don't think you can properly look at it yourself usually (not always) you can take it in to your local autoparts store, (autozone or orielies) and usually those guys can give you some good advice.
iMonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/19/2011, 08:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Well seems as though I'm wrong, I just found two other o2 sensors this morning. Am I even replacing the correct sensor??? Ugh. Looking like I'm going to end up dropping my pants at the dealership on this one... :/
Old 04/19/2011, 08:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club exists
You will have four O2 sensors. Two before the cat and two after the cat. usually the O2 sensors BEFORE the cat (between the header and cat) are the ones that die/need to be replaced. Just replace these two together and you should be good to go.
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/19/2011, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
Bank 1 Sensor 2:

o2 sensor replacement, i think theres 3, but how do i know which?

Location of Bank 1 Sensor 2 Oxygen sensor?

This is what I'm about: The 3G, 1998 GSX, EVO IX GSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin711 View Post
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/19/2011, 09:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club exists
Heh...well forget what I said then...
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/19/2011, 09:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ugh, how did neither of these come up in my search... lmao Thanks Finesse.. for the hundredth time xP... Going to have to start paying you as my mechanic... @.@

Will update once I get this straightened out.. could very well be a week but It'll happen.
Old 04/20/2011, 01:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Ugh, how did neither of these come up in my search... lmao Thanks Finesse.. for the hundredth time xP... Going to have to start paying you as my mechanic... @.@

Will update once I get this straightened out.. could very well be a week but It'll happen.
No problem, by the way I used (and always use) the Advanced Search option.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 04/20/2011, 07:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesse49ers View Post
No problem, by the way I used (and always use) the Advanced Search option.
Duly noted

Drove onto my neighbors ramp today and looked at it. Also reading one of the other threads that Finesse linked it appears that I would need to drop part of the exhaust, to get to it eh? Gross.
Old 04/20/2011, 07:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Duly noted

Drove onto my neighbors ramp today and looked at it. Also reading one of the other threads that Finesse linked it appears that I would need to drop part of the exhaust, to get to it eh? Gross.
Drop part of the exhaust to get to what? Certainly not an O2 sensor.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 04/20/2011, 10:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Drop part of the exhaust to get to what? Certainly not an O2 sensor.

Think a breaker bar would be my best bet? It's a tight frakken fit up there.
Old 04/21/2011, 07:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Think a breaker bar would be my best bet? It's a tight frakken fit up there.
All you have to do is jack the car up, put it on jackstands, get underneath the car and while you're under there spray some kind of penetrate (WD-40, PB Blaster) on the back of the sensor and have a socket wrench and this tool handy:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 04/21/2011, 08:39 AM   #15 (permalink)

Gotcha, I was in a bit of a rush when I looked at it yesterday. I'll have to take another look after finals this coming week. Already have the o2 Sensor socket also.
Old 04/21/2011, 08:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Gotcha, I was in a bit of a rush when I looked at it yesterday. I'll have to take another look after finals this coming week. Already have the o2 Sensor socket also.
Cool. It's truly one of the easiest jobs you can do on the car. It only gets difficult if the sensor is REALLY rusted onto the exhaust which then you may have to resort to getting the propane torch out.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 04/21/2011, 10:57 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Cool. It's truly one of the easiest jobs you can do on the car. It only gets difficult if the sensor is REALLY rusted onto the exhaust which then you may have to resort to getting the propane torch out.
Yeah, I got the sensor that I had pictured earlier out with little trouble once I got the o2 socket. P0141 is just in such an awkward place, cramped as hell.

Gonna keep trying... xD I'm Bull headed. You say it can be done, now I have to do it... lmao
Old 04/27/2011, 06:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

This is it at the top of this pic right? Right below these *******

If that's it there is no way I'm getting that thing off without taking something else off. I got the o2 socket onto it but there is literally 0 room to move the wrench / BB... Am I doing something incredibly stupid? I'm starting to think that I am.... ugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.