P0401/EGR Question - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06/11/2011, 10:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GT
Newmanfan : who are you?
P0401/EGR Question

Hi Folks,

So the other day my SES light came on, and when I scanned it with a code reader, it gave me a P0401.

As has been suggested in other threads on this topic, I decided to clean the vacuum hoses as a first step to see if that solves the problem. Sure enough one of the hoses going to the vacuum control valve was clogged, and I found a little metal object inside of it, which I removed. This part almost looks like something that goes somewhere, but I have no idea where it came from.

I've only driven 50 miles since removing the object and so far no SES light. take a look at the images and tell me what you think.

Thanks

Last edited by Newmanfan; 06/11/2011 at 10:03 PM.
Newmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06/11/2011, 10:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
is there a hole through the center? It could be to restrict vacuum to slow the actuation of the valve or something.
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/11/2011, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
is there a hole through the center? It could be to restrict vacuum to slow the actuation of the valve or something.
There is, but it's very small. when I removed the hose, I couldn't blow through it before removing the object.
Old 06/11/2011, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Vehicle: '13 Wrx
Tx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wide
I have never seen that on any 3G I've worked vacuum hoses on.
Old 06/11/2011, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-T
Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
Me neither and I've done 2 sets in the last 2 weeks.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/12/2011, 09:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Stratus RT
DIRTYWILL2001 Really needs to MTFODIRTYWILL2001 Really needs to MTFODIRTYWILL2001 Really needs to MTFODIRTYWILL2001 Really needs to MTFODIRTYWILL2001 Really needs to MTFODIRTYWILL2001 Really needs to MTFODIRTYWILL2001 Really needs to MTFODIRTYWILL2001 Really needs to MTFODIRTYWILL2001 Really needs to MTFODIRTYWILL2001 Really needs to MTFODIRTYWILL2001 Really needs to MTFO
bitter is right. the restrictor might have become clogged.
that part is documented in the service manual.[IMG][/IMG]
DIRTYWILL2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/12/2011, 01:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Very interesting!

I guess I should try to clean it and put it back! I didn't think to make note of which way it goes. I would guess narrow end toward the vacuum control valve?
I'm glad I didn't lose it since it's only 2mm x 4mm!

Just out of curiosity, if I had to replace this, is there a part number? I have a copy of the Mitsubishi ASA program, and it doesn't even list this part.

Thanks
Old 06/14/2011, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

anyone happen to know which way this restrictor should go back in?

thanks
Old 08/01/2011, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Gigaclips : who are you?
My car had that thing in the same line !! i need to replace the Vacuum Control Valve idk where to buy...Mits service dont have it they need to order it they said in a month....
Gigaclips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/03/2011, 04:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigaclips View Post
My car had that thing in the same line !! i need to replace the Vacuum Control Valve idk where to buy...Mits service dont have it they need to order it they said in a month....

FWIW, I've left mine out since I started this post, and have had no problems, no SES light. Car runs great!
Old 08/04/2011, 08:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Gigaclips : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmanfan View Post
FWIW, I've left mine out since I started this post, and have had no problems, no SES light. Car runs great!
that's good -.- my car sill has the god dam check light on for p0401 i change the EGR The EGR Solenoid the Control Valve check all lines look fine i clean them out sill reads the code Note all new parts are Original from the dealer...any ideas?
Gigaclips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/24/2011, 09:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

artefakto : who are you?
i had that same little thing clogged in the hose , did u put it back??
artefakto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/24/2011, 09:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
Quote:
Originally Posted by artefakto View Post
i had that same little thing clogged in the hose , did u put it back??

2 posts above yours:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmanfan View Post

This is what I'm about: The 3G, 1998 GSX, EVO IX GSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin711 View Post
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/30/2011, 05:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 GT Eclipse
GTbro : who are you?
Did that solve your problem? I have the same code and tried different things.
GTbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.