doors locking, lights flashing...by themselves? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06/29/2011, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: '01 GS Spyder
kyguylal : who are you?
doors locking, lights flashing...by themselves?

Hi. I recently bought a 2001 Eclipse Spyder GS.

My car would not start because there was a problem with a battery connector. The alarm was going off and I could not get it to stop when the battery became disconnected, so I unplugged the two fuses. I replaced the clamp for the battery cable and I reset the radio code, but my power locks are locking by themselves when I open the door, close the door, and sometimes when I'm driving. When I take the keys out of the car, there are two lights in the front of the car that are blinking. They go off after a minute or two.

Can anyone tell me why the locks and lights are doing what they are doing?

I'm just a college kid and I really don't know cars.
kyguylal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06/29/2011, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
HRT

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GT
HRT seems to be okayHRT seems to be okayHRT seems to be okayHRT seems to be okayHRT seems to be okayHRT seems to be okay
So this is an aftermarket alarm? Or the factory alarm?
HRT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/29/2011, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

I believe its the factory alarm
Old 06/29/2011, 07:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
"S" Car...Gooooooo

Vehicle: 03 GT-T
SvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by many
That's a really odd problem for sure.

I can't really offer much help if it is indeed the factory security acting up in that manner, however, I have seen several DEI brand alarms do similar things to that. The alarm goes off if the battery is disconnected because it sees it as a possible intrusion and a small backup battery supplies the required power for a short period of time. Some installers also set up aftermarket alarm systems to do an "auto-lock" or "passive lock" which locks the doors and blinks lights when certain conditions on the vehicle are met. These conditions, and any "warning" that it may give vary as much as the different number of systems there are out there.

Sorry , but that's really all I can give you at this point, without knowing much more detail, or seeing it actually going haywire and everything leading up to it. GL.
SvenHoek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/29/2011, 07:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
post a photo of the keyfob and we call tell you if its the factory one or not.
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/29/2011, 08:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sorry, I don't have a key fob...I believe that it is the factory alarm. I removed the two fuses that makes the piercing sound of the alarm.
Old 06/29/2011, 08:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
am cat

Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Well that could be part of the problem, you can't really arm/disarm without the key fob to communicate with it.
Old 06/29/2011, 08:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

wow...that could be an issue then...I don't have a fob. It's long gone. Would the Mitsubishi dealer be able to solve this? Without charging me an arm and a leg...
Old 06/29/2011, 08:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
am cat

you might be able to figure out (with info here) what FOB to buy online and program it yourself to the car.
Old 06/29/2011, 08:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hmm alright. I'm almost positive that its the factory alarm system. I bought the car used.
Old 06/29/2011, 08:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
am cat

just stick your head under the dash and make sure, there should be no modules just hanging there or that don't look like everything else on the car.
Old 06/29/2011, 08:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Everything looks to be the same.
Old 06/29/2011, 08:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
am cat

Ok, so you're probably correct.
Old 06/29/2011, 09:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

The remote fob is needed to turn off the alarm? I thought that it could be done with only the key. I can turn the car on still, the doors just lock at random times and the lights flash for a few minutes when I exit the car.

Sorry for all the questions...I'm young and learning
Old 06/29/2011, 09:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
am cat

Not 100% sure, but unlocking the door should be disarming the alarm, which it seems like it's not which is why I was suspicious of it being aftermarket.
Old 06/29/2011, 09:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

Hmm alright. I'll look more into it in the morning when I have some light. Thanks for your help. Ill report back tomorrow.
Old 06/29/2011, 11:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
"S" Car...Gooooooo

Vehicle: 03 GT-T
SvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by many
Typically the factory alarm only blinks the lights and honks a HORN when set off. If it's reall a piercing sound such as a SIREN, then it's more likely aftermarket.
SvenHoek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/30/2011, 01:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Oh yeah. It's a real piercing ring. Only similar to that of a police car.
Old 06/30/2011, 03:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Exacerbated Member

Vehicle: 2kFsGt5sp/TbPP
WorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wideWorldWind is recognized club-wide
You probably just need a good exorcism.
WorldWind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/30/2011, 05:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

I just want to rip the thing out of there. I don't really want/need an alarm. I just hope that's whats causing the doors to keep locking by themselves.
Old 06/30/2011, 07:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
am cat

If you're around Chicago I could help you remove it.
Old 06/30/2011, 08:49 PM   #22 (permalink)

Thanks for the offer, but I'm in Massachusetts haha
Old 07/11/2011, 10:24 PM   #23 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse gs
bengie : who are you?
i think your car is just calling for your attention when u leave tellin' you to get back lol....jk well see i'm pretty sure this whole thing is a factory problem becuz i to was having that problem....mainly my lights flashing at random times and sometimes while i drove....(good attention for the cops) well i found that if ur lights flash ur gunna want to manually dis arm the factory antitheft unit with the key....the lights will then turn off and it shud be awhile u wont see the lights....how ever now u have to deal with an unlocked car with no protection well thats when i got myself an aftermarket alarm too....so i could then lock my car once i disarm the lights...not sure if u get it but tha flashing lights are a pain i would walk out to my car in the middle of night and hope i didn't wake the nieghbors lmao
bengie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/22/2011, 10:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Nanners : who are you?
Anyone figure out an answer to this? My car is doing the same thing and it's driving me insane. Half the time I go out to my car in the morning and the battery is dead because the lights were flashing all night. I stopped using the alarm (or at least I don't turn the alarm on when I lock the car, it's still plugged in tho) and took out the fuse for the door locks, the headlights and turn signals still flash sporadically. Weird thing is it only seems to happen when it's cold. Nights where temperatures don't drop very much there is usually little to no flashing. When it gets cold, however, the car spazzes all damn night. Any ideas anyone?
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/25/2011, 01:59 PM   #25 (permalink)
mr batman

Vehicle: 2001 eclipse gt
mrbatmanr6 : who are you?
Try sticking ur key in the driver side door and turn it twice to the right. It happened on my spyder
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.