Entire DRIVERS side carpet is always wet - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07/16/2011, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GT
JRohena : who are you?
Question Entire DRIVERS side carpet is always wet

About a month ago I noticed my carpet was wet. It's only my drivers side, front and back seat. The passengers side is completely dry. I don't understand where it could be coming from. But it's getting worse. I'm having puddles of water in my car! It's not coming from the window, I don't have a sunroof, and I'm pretty sure I don't have an A/C leak. Please help!
JRohena is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07/16/2011, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
get a garden hose and a friend.

1. take out the front seat and back seat
2. remove the plastic trims around the doors and from the side of the car
3. pull the carpet sideways over the center console
4. close the door, window up
5. sit inside and have your friend hose the car and see if you can see with a bright flashlight where the water is running in from. You can use dyed water if you think it would make it easier.
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/18/2011, 12:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.
lol happens to mine...the drivers side is generally when i run my a/c toooo much..and the passenger is usually when its pouring ( for me anyway)
youtube.com/oxsmoothxo

Go check out my music
SmoothGt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/20/2011, 02:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post

5. sit inside and have your friend hose the car and see if you can see with a bright flashlight where the water is running in from. You can use dyed water if you think it would make it easier.
I don't think it's a water leak. It's only when I drive my car. I didn't use my car for almost a week about a month ago and it rained almost every day it wasn't driven. Then when I was gonna drive it, it was dry on the floor again. A day after of driving it... Wet again.
Old 07/20/2011, 02:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothGt View Post
lol happens to mine...the drivers side is generally when i run my a/c toooo much..and the passenger is usually when its pouring ( for me anyway)
Well I've have the car for over a year now. It's only been doing this for a couple months. Do you know where the ac would be leaking from if it was the ac?
Old 07/20/2011, 02:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Medic/Firefighter

Vehicle: 2000 GT SDS Stg 1 @ 10psi
MitsuBoy38 : who are you?MitsuBoy38 : who are you?MitsuBoy38 : who are you?MitsuBoy38 : who are you?MitsuBoy38 : who are you?
I'm having the same problem
Old 07/20/2011, 02:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Medic/Firefighter

Vehicle: 2000 GT SDS Stg 1 @ 10psi
MitsuBoy38 : who are you?MitsuBoy38 : who are you?MitsuBoy38 : who are you?MitsuBoy38 : who are you?MitsuBoy38 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post

Listen to Bitter and follow those steps
Old 07/20/2011, 02:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Sam
Generally Bitter Admin

Vehicle: Not a 3G
Sam has disabled reputation
You know, there's a reason we have announcements in this forum. First off, look at this announcement from the top of this forum. Just a couple of threads above this one.

The ANSWER to all of your CARS PROBLEMS!

And even if you managed to ignore that announcement, there's another one, just a few posts above this thread you started.

Common 3G problems

And when you look at that thread, there's this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citm2000 View Post
Problem: You often see water on the carpet, especially after running the air conditioning.

Cause: The evaporator's drain has become clogged and condensation is leaking into the cabin instead of out of the bottom of the car.

Solution: Clean the drain. Some people have success simply using a pipe cleaner to clean out the little drain pipe, which is near the center of the car side to side and is approximately below the center console front to back. The best solution however is to clean out all the mess that's accumulating in the evaporator.

Credit for pics goes to Slo_Mo

There are other solutions as well, such as using the drain from a galant, etc. Probably the best thread for this is here:

a/c is leaking water in my floor board

If your AC is draining properly, the issue is the seal around the door. This most commonly fails right by your tweeter. Replacing the gasket is the only solution of which I'm aware.

Metadata search words:
Water, wet, carpet, leak, floor, floorboards, A/C, AC, air conditioning
This is why new people catch shit around here, they register and manage to ignore every damn announcement blatantly placed in each forum.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/20/2011, 06:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
passport applied for

Vehicle: 03 spyder gts
tomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by many
Sam is the man, this just started happening to mine a few days ago. THANKS!!
Old 07/22/2011, 12:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
You know, there's a reason we have announcements in this forum. First off, look at this announcement from the top of this forum. Just a couple of threads above this one.

And even if you managed to ignore that announcement, there's another one, just a few posts above this thread you started.

Common 3G problems

This is why new people catch shit around here, they register and manage to ignore every damn announcement blatantly placed in each forum.
I just did this exactly how you said through the pics. There was so much crap stuck up in there. I cleaned it all out. So hopefully this works out! Thanks so much for the help man!
Old 07/26/2011, 08:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.SmoothGt is God.
yeah i cleaned it once..and it started again in a week...either i didnt clean it good enough..or..my car hates me...both are legitimate claims..
youtube.com/oxsmoothxo

Go check out my music
SmoothGt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/02/2011, 10:39 AM   #12 (permalink)

The carpet stayed moist for a few days and now its back to having puddles. :/
Old 08/05/2011, 06:16 PM   #13 (permalink)

Joshua M : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post

Common 3G problems

But Isn't a forum about people giving their advice or opinions and discussing similar problems to the one we are having? I personally have no problem offering my opinion or advice... even if it is posted in the Announcements.
Joshua M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/19/2011, 04:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Silver 03 GS

Vehicle: 2010 Infiniti G37x
JPat94 seems to be okayJPat94 seems to be okayJPat94 seems to be okayJPat94 seems to be okayJPat94 seems to be okayJPat94 seems to be okay
I love my car, but I'm not that good at taking her apart. Could a dealership fix this problem? It seems that no matter how many times you "hand clean" it the water will come back. There's got to be a better solution than to taking the car apart every week or two.
JPat94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Tags
3.0 v6, carpet, eclipse, leak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.