Replaced my headlight bulb... still doesn't work - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08/02/2011, 07:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
Daboa : who are you?
Replaced my headlight bulb... still doesn't work

I drive a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (Automatic, 100k-ish miles). My right front headlight went out a few days ago. I've never changed a headlight bulb before, but it looked pretty easy, so I gave it a shot. I now have a new bulb installed, but the headlight still won't turn on. I can't imagine why the bulb wouldn't turn on, since its prongs are clearly inserted into the electrical connector. Is there some way I could have installed it wrongly?

How can I tell if the bulb is actually the problem? I looked at the "bad" bulb and it seems intact. Should I see anything dangling inside or hear any rattling when shaking it like when a normal light bulb goes bad? If the problem's not my bulb... then what's the next thing to check?
Daboa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08/02/2011, 08:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
patriotred01 : who are you?patriotred01 : who are you?patriotred01 : who are you?
What is the condition of the connector? These easily melt on this car. I believe there is a how-to in the garage section, so you can see what a melted one looks like. Did it go out all at once, or was it a slow process?
patriotred01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/03/2011, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

You mean the plastic connector that basically works as the socket for the bulb? It looks completely fine.

I just made a discovery. The high beams work. It's only the low beams that won't come on. What's my next step with this knowledge?
Old 08/03/2011, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

Vehicle: 2002 GT-T
thahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by all
Fuse in the engine bay. Theres actually a individual fuse for the low beams
thahnic1080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/03/2011, 07:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 ECLIPSE GS
LEO!!! : who are you?
Did you check the fuse????????
LEO!!! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/03/2011, 07:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

I just checked the fuses on the left side of my dashboard and there was only one labeled on the diagram that looked like it was for a light (it had an 'R' on it though...) and that one was fine. None of the other fuses had pictures that looked like lights. So... what's my next move?
Old 08/03/2011, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
so neither side low beams work?
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/03/2011, 09:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
hates "smart" people

Vehicle: 2006 TSX
primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.
And the fuse for the headlamps are in the engine bay.
Old 08/03/2011, 10:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

The low beam is working in the left headlight, but not the right. And the fuses for the headlights are in the engine bay? Okay, I'll look for them tomorrow. Thanks for all the help, btw.
Old 08/05/2011, 04:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Okay, it was the fuse. Working like a charm now. Thanks, all. I'm learning bit by bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.