My hazards and turn signals does not work. - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11/14/2011, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

spacecapital : who are you?
My hazards and turn signals does not work.

My hazards and turn signals does not work. Everything else is working. Could this be the Etac ecu is out? Where is the etac is located. I have a 2002 sebring, 2.7 engine.
spacecapital is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11/14/2011, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Vehicle: 2003 GS Manual
Drewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by all
The etacs is located under the driver side dash and plugs into the back of the fuse box. There are a few things to check, the stalk switch that controls the lights could be malfunctioning, as well as the steering wheel ecu that the switch plugs into. It could very well be the etacs. I am having a similar problem and have replaced everything accept for the etacs, which I am about to do. The only problem with swapping it is that you'll need an immobilizer delete.
Drewski0523 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/14/2011, 11:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Some one told me to check the fuse # 20 (20 amp) in the Power Distribution Center (PDC) under the hood. Is this connected to the turn signal and hazard light? I replaced all the bulbs, check the fuses. At first the turn signal light worked. It used to work some times and sometimes it didn't. How does I check this etac. You say check the stalk switch? Where is this located.
Old 11/14/2011, 11:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Drewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by all
You really can't check the etacs, that why you need to ensure everything else works properly. All fuses, all relays, the front ecu (grey box in the under good fuse box), and the switch stalk is how you turn the lights/ blinkers on/off at the steering wheel. There is a thread in the problem reports forum I made that shows everything I have checked, replaced and am doing.
Old 11/14/2011, 11:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Is this called a turn signal switch? I brought one from the junk and replaced my with that one. You say that that this plug into a steering column ecu? I will check the ecu behind the fuse box under the dash board on the driver side.
Old 11/15/2011, 01:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

could you tell me if there are other fuses to check for this problem? I checked number 15 fuse in the fuse box inside the car. Is there another fuse to check for this problem?
Old 11/15/2011, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Pull and check every single fuse and relay visually and then ensure they are getting voltage with a multimeter before you try to start replacing the ecu's. Basically changing the etacs should be the last thing considered. Check this out, it's similar:

03 GS, a majority of electrical system does not work
Old 11/15/2011, 10:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club exists
Didn't read the whole thread, so I'm sorry if someone has suggested this already; did you replace the "clicker" module? I forget the name, but it's essentially the thing that makes the clicking sound under the dash when you activate your turn signals or hazard lights.

I had that go bad on my grandmother's Buick back in the day. Basically, the turn signal would light up, but it wouldn't flash.
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/15/2011, 04:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
passport applied for

Vehicle: 03 spyder gts
tomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by many
^^^^ lol, it's called the turn signal flasher. I wonder if anyone has thought to put 12v at the steering column harness to SEE if all 4 turn and tails could be turned on manually?
Old 11/15/2011, 06:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
hates "smart" people

Vehicle: 2006 TSX
primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloosk View Post
Didn't read the whole thread, so I'm sorry if someone has suggested this already; did you replace the "clicker" module? I forget the name, but it's essentially the thing that makes the clicking sound under the dash when you activate your turn signals or hazard lights.

I had that go bad on my grandmother's Buick back in the day. Basically, the turn signal would light up, but it wouldn't flash.
But the flasher is built into the ETACS-ECU.

OP, I'll check out the Service Manual later tonight if I can find anything.
Old 11/15/2011, 06:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primula View Post
But the flasher is built into the ETACS-ECU.

OP, I'll check out the Service Manual later tonight if I can find anything.
Yea im pretty sure that is part of the ETACS. OP just make sure everything else is good to go before you replace the ETACS b/c at that point you'll need an immobilizer delete to start your car. The ETACS and main ECU were built in a pair with a matching immobilizer code. It's not a hard thing to do just a PITA and costs just enough to suck to have someone else do it.
Old 09/02/2013, 02:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Zoeyr75 : who are you?
No blinkers, hazard lights, or indicator lights when car is locked/unlocked

I have a 03 eclipse gts, and the other day the blinkers stopped working, on the dash and all the way around. I tried pushing the hazard lights on and no go there either. My door clicked that locks the door, when pressed it no longer flashes the side markers either to indicate locked or unlocked. Everything else is fine, headlights, bright and low. I checked fuses inside the car 13 and 20 7.5 fuses both are fine. Autozone suggested the blinker switch which I've bought but yet to install, didn't make sense to me if its the blinker switch why the lights wouldn't flash when I locked/unlocked the car with the remote. Any help would be great. Trying to do on my own... :/
Zoeyr75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/04/2013, 11:00 AM   #13 (permalink)

Zoeyr75 : who are you?
Blown fuse, hazard light.

After spending most of my night reading the forums I went out and started from scratch.. And found the problem, blown fuse under the hood. The hazard light one. Guess I should have looked myself rather than believing some guy at autozone "these are LED they light up when they are broke". I know better than that... /face palm lol thanks to everyone that posts on here so we can read and learn.
Zoeyr75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.