Front and Rear Speakers Not Working - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11/15/2011, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GS
smatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regular
Front and Rear Speakers Not Working

Hello all,
I have noticed another problem with my 2001 Eclipse GS auto, equipped with factory infinity sound system and aftermarket Pioneer HU.

I have a Pioneer DEH-33HD with 2 sets of outputs, front/rear, and I used Metra 70-7003 harness and wired as told to...

Power Harness: red connected to red from HU, yellow connected to yellow from hu, orange not used since HU doesnt have dimmer control, blue not used since we dont have power antenna.

RCA Harness: RCA connectors plugged into corresponding HU outputs, blue/white wire connected to blue/white wire from HU.

Now the problem is that i noticed the front and rear speakers do not work, the tweeters and center speaker do however. I noticed this when i disconnected the center speaker to see how it sounds and realized it sounded like shit cuz nothing but the tweeters work.

So my question is, are the speakers just blown? Or is it the factory amp? Everything sounds the same as it did before i changed the HU, so i must have bought it that way and not have noticed

Last edited by smatthew45; 11/15/2011 at 11:19 PM.
smatthew45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11/17/2011, 01:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

smatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regularsmatthew45 should be considered a regular
found out water leaked into the doors from the mirrors, possibly blew out my speakers, maybe the amp too, so im just gonna get another set of stock speakers and amp and see if that works.

Last edited by smatthew45; 02/15/2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11/17/2011, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 GT
notAnotC : who are you?notAnotC : who are you?
Best thing you can do is get a decent 4 channel aftermarket amp and some new speakers, and rewire the whole system pretty much.
notAnotC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/24/2011, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
It's too cold here

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT (Silver)
gemini9 : who are you?gemini9 : who are you?
I wanted to jump in on this too, because I'm having a similar problem. I just bought my Eclipse and no sound. The dealership said it was most likely the amp and they had a used amp from ebay mailed to me. When it arrived, I hooked up the different amp and now I'm at least getting sound from the two tweeters, but nothing else. The center, two door and two rear speakers do not work. I've been trying to figure this out for a month but I don't know what's wrong. I ordered a wiring harness and tried a different head unit but I'm getting the same result. Sound from the tweeters, nothing else. Let me know if you get yours working because I'm stumped. Thinking of taking it somewhere and paying someone to get it fixed.
gemini9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/25/2011, 03:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

ya i just ordered some replacement stock speakers and amp for $110, came with everything except the center speaker which i already have and dont want lol, so i'll post my findings when i put the stuff in, first the amp and then the speakers

Last edited by smatthew45; 02/15/2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02/15/2012, 09:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

just to post my findings for others that are interested, i installed the new amp and still had the same problem, only the center speaker and tweeters worked, so the problem wasn't the amp.

i discovered the previous owner had installed some cheap aftermarket speakers in the car, not only that but they were all 4 ohm speakers. i realized that the speakers were getting power but just barely had any sound coming out of them, again probably cuz they were cheap 4 ohm speakers trying to be used with the stock infinity amp, not a good combo i guess.

so anyways i went ahead and installed all new speakers and wired them to my head unit and all is well now, way better than before

Last edited by smatthew45; 02/15/2012 at 09:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.