|01/02/2012, 01:11 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Jersey
Vehicle: 2002 RS Eclipse
Troubleshooting no-start 2002 Eclipse RS
Happy New Year! To keep this to the point, pretty much I haven't started my car [*2002 Eclipse RS 4cyl*] in 4 or 5 days and it wouldn't start back up. [it just cranks].
Thanks for your help in advance. =]
Checked the following...
1. Battery - was dead, had it charged, still no start.
2. Checked fuel pressure gauge - has 20psi in the rail
3. Checked for spark/spark plugs - sparks confirmed, swapped plugs, still no start.
4. Plugs were wet with fuel so injectors are working.
5. Checked ignition coils - resistance was about 7.5 ohms on each, replaced with those that were ~ 12 ohms each, still no start. [as per the specifications in the manual off of tearstone.com]
Now, I'm thinking it's either lack of compression [haven't verified yet], bad camshaft position sensor [had it changed probably about a year ago or so, don't know why that would go bad], or my MFI Relay fuse is bad.
What I want to verify is the following... is the camshaft position sensor
the below in RED? And is the MFI relay the below in RED? B/c it doesn't match what the manual says...
Camshaft Position Sensor?
|01/10/2012, 05:38 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2012
Hey -- did you have any luck with this yet?
I recently had the O2 sensor (bank1 sensor1) changed on my '02 spyder gt ad about a week later I started to get RPM drop/stutter and finally had the p0335 and p0340 codes thrown at the same time. Was hoping I could get some insight from your thread!