Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

po300 on 2000 eclipse GT octane booster fixes it

891 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  importsrule 
#1 ·
NGK plugs,Magstar 8.5mm wires,dis cap and button AEM cold air intake.It's a 1 owner with 103000 miles on it and it was running just fine untill I changed the plugs and wires. Had it to 3 different garages 1st one said bad fuel pump it did'nt fix it second one said bad plug it was running fine got it haifway home same thing took it back said cat was stopping up. Had it checked it's fine. Saw a bottle of Lucas octane booster at Kmart on clearance for $2.50 and said what the hell done tried everything else.Stopped filled up and put the octane booster in and never missed again.As long as I keep a bottle of the Lucas octane booster in it the car runs fine if I just try and run the car without it the thing starts missing and then the check engine light comes on.
And yes I tried different kinds of gas nothing helped but this.
Does anybody know why? PLEASE

#4 ·
I don't know the garage gapped the plugs when they put them in.And the guys working there are pretty good allot of people use them.Well it's the best place around here.I live in Newport TN just below the Smokey Mountains here at the foot hills not to many choices.It should be called Death valley.I thought about selling it I only paid $3000 for the car one owner and only 107000 miles now and everything is good.The interior is perfect and all the money I put in it even a stage 3 Exudy clutch kit.So I should be able to get $3500 out of it maybe a little more because the paint is good to bright red a few little dings and a little scratch here and there.But it rus like a bat out of hell.As long as I have the octane booster in it.So I don't know what to do but I do know a woman that had one she just traded for a new one and it had over 300000 miles on it.So I would like to keep it if I could figure it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.