How To: Reset Service engine soon light - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04/11/2005, 01:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse Spyder
Paul_in_BNA : who are you?
How To: Reset Service engine soon light

It is giving the code for my gas cap not being tight. So how do I reset the light?
Paul_in_BNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04/11/2005, 01:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
WINGS WEST ON DA WAY

Vehicle: 2004 Dover White RS
SAWhiteKnight_04RS has a few friends hereSAWhiteKnight_04RS has a few friends hereSAWhiteKnight_04RS has a few friends hereSAWhiteKnight_04RS has a few friends hereSAWhiteKnight_04RS has a few friends hereSAWhiteKnight_04RS has a few friends hereSAWhiteKnight_04RS has a few friends hereSAWhiteKnight_04RS has a few friends hereSAWhiteKnight_04RS has a few friends hereSAWhiteKnight_04RS has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to SAWhiteKnight_04RS Send a message via Yahoo to SAWhiteKnight_04RS
just tighten it and it should go away .. or tighten it and unplug the battery..

*****Proud member of BOOSTED Car Club*****
Subaru WRX Fund = $3000(sold my kidney)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Please tell me you don't really thing the Cowboys are going to beat the Colts...
SAWhiteKnight_04RS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/11/2005, 05:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Never Too Much HP

Vehicle: 01 Strat R/T
myrt : who are you?myrt : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to myrt
which code is it throwing?? there a MANY for the emissions systems. i had the same code (i think) and it turned out to be a solenoid on my charcole canister. also there is a rubber seal on the gas cap. replace gas cap if that seal even looks worn
myrt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/11/2005, 12:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse Spyder
Paul_in_BNA : who are you?
It is throwing tyhe gas cap code, I went to Autozone and that is what they told me it was but the guy had no idea how to reset the code. I will try to tighten the cap first.
Paul_in_BNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/11/2005, 12:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Got Boost? Me either

Vehicle: '03 Red GT
Eclipsed4utoo seems to be okayEclipsed4utoo seems to be okayEclipsed4utoo seems to be okayEclipsed4utoo seems to be okayEclipsed4utoo seems to be okayEclipsed4utoo seems to be okayEclipsed4utoo seems to be okayEclipsed4utoo seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to Eclipsed4utoo
when you tighten the gas cap, it will NOT instantly go away. it might take a couple of days before it goes away.
Eclipsed4utoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/13/2005, 03:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: '06 Peterbilt 386
JW_Cleve : who are you?JW_Cleve : who are you?
had the gas cap code a couple times before myself. First time was before I had my scanner and I just drove around until it went off (about 3 days). Second time was after I got my OBD][ scanner and simpley erased the code with the scanner and the light went off.
JW_Cleve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/13/2005, 05:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
5 across the EyEs

flyeyes : who are you?
Disconnect your battery for 1 minute. Reconnect it and the code should be cleared. Should be that simple.
flyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/13/2005, 08:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Moder

Vehicle: 2kGT
LKNANML seems to be okayLKNANML seems to be okayLKNANML seems to be okayLKNANML seems to be okayLKNANML seems to be okayLKNANML seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to LKNANML Send a message via Yahoo to LKNANML
They had no idea how to reset the code?

OOKKKKAAAYYYY

First off.. The unplug the batt trick will turn the light off but not solve your prob.

Anyone who mods a car should get some sort of code reader.. I like autoxray.. Some are under 100 bucks and well worth it not counting the upgraders u can get.

Can you give us the code number?

FYI reseting is just a mater of pushing a few buttons on the code reader....LOL No idea why they couldnt do that.....
JIC
Meth
No money
LKNANML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.