P0135 Error Code - Sensor Heat Circuit Malfunction.... - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07/13/2004, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
*Photoshop Bitch*

Vehicle: 2000 GT
MCMike37 has disabled reputation
P0135 Error Code - Sensor Heat Circuit Malfunction....

Just some info I thought I should post here from an old experience.

Quote:
Alright, so driving home from work today, car throughs a SES light. Get home, break out the good ole ODB-II scanner and it reads this code.

Read through the diagnosis in the service manual.

MY real question is, what the heck is this thing? The smanual says Right bank heated oxygen sensor (front) Heater ciruit.

Is this really just a heater for the O2 sensor? Or do they mean this is the actual) )2 sensor and it is heated? I hvaen't reset the code and gone through a test cycle yet to see if it comes back up, but looking for some preliminary info here.

And for what it is worth, the only thing I have done to my engine performance wise is just a AEM CAI still.

Thanks in advance thou people who know way more then I will ever know about engines....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Ok, Tony and I were talking about this. You need to see if a wire has somehow come into contact with something to fry the covering, and destroy the wiring. If not, you may need to replace the whole O2 sensor. But again, check the entire wiring system so you don't fry another one if thats what the case is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMike37
Alright cool.

I mean, I am a little confused, because a P0130 is an O2 Sensor Circuit Maltifunction, although for both codes, it pretty much shows the same wiring diagram, just the 130 actually shows the connections to the ECM.

Well, took a look, and all the wiring seems to be perfectly in tact. I guess the next thing I should check is to see if the relay just shit the bed. I would think that if the thing didn't get power, it would throw the code as well as the ECM wouldn't see the thing there. Does that make sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Mike I had the same issue on my car after my headers went on. The issue was that the front sensor clip had pulled apart from the clip leading to the ECU in the cabin. You may check there as well if you havent already.

If all your connections are good, I would agree with Sam that you prolly have a dead O2 sensor on your hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax7776
My car's also thrown the same code before. THe difference is that I actually messed with the O2 sensor wiring and left one of the wires loose after installing my headers.

Before spending money on a new O2 sensor, just reset the code and see what happens. Sometimes, it could just be a misreading by the ECU and the code will never pop up again. I've had several different codes come up and after finding out what they were, I'd just reset them and never came back. At least, this won't cost you a penny, but if it happens again, then u know what to do.
Quote:
WEll, I totally forgot about this thread, but here's the final scoop on it.

I took it to the dealership because I thought the Cali emissions stuff was covered until 50K miles. Turns out, that is only the case if the 2000 model was registered in Cali, Massachusetts, and one other state. So, no free new sensor from them. But they did diagnose it for me to ensure it wasn't a bad wire or conection. I did in fact need a new O2 sensor.

So, I went to www.oxygensensors.com and ordered a universal one. (Almost oredered the wrong one too). Got it a few days later, and then got around to pulling out the old one and soldering the new one to the stock connector. The difference in O2 sensors is the universal ones you have to solder, while the stock replacement ones have the plug already on it. If you can solder, or simpley crimp, you can save roughly 60 dolalrs by getting the universal.

I've had it on for a while now, and the code has not come back at all. Problem has been solved for 50 bucks.
This all happened about a year ago, and I have yet to have a problem since then with the replacement O2 Sensor I purchased.
MCMike37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07/13/2004, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Boosted

Donkey Kong Champion! Midi Golf Champion!
Vehicle: 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
TheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by all
just a FYI i was told that the difference between the universals from oxygensensors.com and OEM ones are that the OEM ones are platinum tipped to last 100k while the cheaper generics arent.
TheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/13/2004, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
*Photoshop Bitch*

Well, that might be the case. I don't know the exact numbers, but I would say I have put about 20K miles on the generic sensor in the last year.

The other thing is that the sensor didn't fail, it was only the heating circuit which died. Or at elast that is the only code that was thrown.
Old 07/13/2004, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Boosted

Donkey Kong Champion! Midi Golf Champion!
Vehicle: 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
TheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by allTheFranchise seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Well, that might be the case. I don't know the exact numbers, but I would say I have put about 20K miles on the generic sensor in the last year.

The other thing is that the sensor didn't fail, it was only the heating circuit which died. Or at elast that is the only code that was thrown.
i bent over last year and replaced all 4 on mine after i had issues with mine. i crushed both my rear 02s and then fouled up front O2 because i ran without rears for 5k miles.
TheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/14/2004, 12:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
New daddy

Vehicle: 2000 Northstar White GT
MattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends here
A while ago I was looking for replacement sensors, and it seems that the upstream and downstream sensors are different. I found that the Bosch universal sensors, were only recomended for the down stream o2 sensors. WTF?
MattS00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2005, 04:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Gt
BizGuy101 : who are you?
SES Error P0135...need some help.

The error code is for a malfunction in the heater circuit for o2 sensor 1 in bank 1. My question is which sensor is this? Is it the sensor right up front where the exhaust manifold is? Also, does anyone know where to get an OEM replacement besides the dealer and how much? Thanks guys for your help.
BizGuy101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2005, 04:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Crewin323 : who are you?Crewin323 : who are you?
I think sensor 1 bank 1 is the forward bank, before the pre-cat.

...but I could be wrong
Crewin323 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2005, 05:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Moder

Vehicle: 2kGT
LKNANML seems to be okayLKNANML seems to be okayLKNANML seems to be okayLKNANML seems to be okayLKNANML seems to be okayLKNANML seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to LKNANML Send a message via Yahoo to LKNANML
This should help you out a ton.. Take the time and DL the whole thing or order the CD...
Whenever im under my hood the manual is on the laptop right next to me......

Online 3G Service Manual
JIC
Meth
No money
LKNANML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2005, 06:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks a bunch
Old 01/15/2005, 04:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Service Engine Soon

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT (Sporty)
SHORTY : who are you?SHORTY : who are you?SHORTY : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewin323
I think sensor 1 bank 1 is the forward bank, before the pre-cat.

...but I could be wrong
Nope, it's the sensor on the firewall side before the pre-cat.
SHORTY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2005, 07:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Crewin323 : who are you?Crewin323 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTY
ok so aft bank, before the precat
Crewin323 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2005, 07:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Service Engine Soon

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT (Sporty)
SHORTY : who are you?SHORTY : who are you?SHORTY : who are you?
On Cali spec:

Bank 1 is the side where manifold is near firewall
Bank 2 is the manifold at the front of the car near bumper

Sensor 1 is before Cat
Sensor 2 is after Cat

Ex. Bank 2 Sensor 1 would be the sensor that's placed in the manifold closest to the bumper and before the Pre-Cat.

It's common for people to think that the Bank towards the bumper is Bank 1. I know I did at first
SHORTY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2005, 07:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Do you happen to have a part number because when I went to the dealer he said the computer wouldn't tell him which sensor is which. All he had was part numbers. The o2 sensor is bank1 sensor 1. Please help....
Old 02/07/2005, 07:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
3gturbo

Bank 1 sensor 1 is the front sensor closest to the radiator. I am getting the same code on my 2002 rs N/A gonna replace it this weekend.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2005, 11:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

I'm getting 2 different answers here.....anybody have a part number?
Old 02/07/2005, 11:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
ol' #4

Vehicle: F-150
snake : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizGuy101
Bank # is always in reference to cylinder number 1. On the V6, Cylinder #'s 1,3, and 5 are towards the firewall (Bank 1), and cylinder #'s 2,4, and 6 are towards the radiator (Bank 2). Sensor #1 is always the sensor closest to the head.

Sensor 1 Bank 1 (Before Pre-Cat on firewall side)
Sensor 2 Bank 1 (After Pre-Cat on firewall side)
Sensor 1 Bank 2 (Before Pre-Cat on radiator side)
Sensor 2 Bank 2 (After Pre-Cat on radiator side

(Credit goes to whomever posted that along time ago, I copy/pasted into a quick reference doc.)
snake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/07/2005, 11:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
ol' #4

Vehicle: F-150
snake : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizGuy101
Mitsubishi MD313304
snake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/08/2005, 04:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
New daddy

MattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends hereMattS00 has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake
Bank # is always in reference to cylinder number 1. On the V6, Cylinder #'s 1,3, and 5 are towards the firewall (Bank 1), and cylinder #'s 2,4, and 6 are towards the radiator (Bank 2). Sensor #1 is always the sensor closest to the head.

Sensor 1 Bank 1 (Before Pre-Cat on firewall side)

(Credit goes to whomever posted that along time ago, I copy/pasted into a quick reference doc.)
I posted that.
Old 03/27/2005, 02:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
still a lurker

Vehicle: 2001 RS Automatic
RAVEN : who are you?
my car has been throwing this code since jan. '05. i kinda get the idea of what the problem is, but would be really greatful if someone could post pictures of both the v6 and i4 with arrows pointing to the sensors. i have a 01 rs cali spec. thanks in advance guys.

RACECAR spelled backwards is...
RAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/11/2005, 06:21 PM   #20 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GT
bdidhe99 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake
Mitsubishi MD313304

So, are they all the same???
bdidhe99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/11/2005, 06:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Vehicle: 2011 V-Dub GTI
kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.
Send a message via AIM to kabob Send a message via MSN to kabob
Yes.
kabob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/03/2005, 08:14 AM   #22 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Mitsu Spyder
flyboytr : who are you?
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteclipse00
I posted that.
Thanks for clearing this up. I have been trying to find which back was which, etc, for two weeks. Now I only have to replace 1 O2 sensor...not four. Thanks again!
flyboytr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/10/2005, 02:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
ShowEclipse

after reading this thread, i still have yet to connect the my installing an AEM WAI and my O2 sensor crapping out... can anyone clear this up? just got scanned and the code was P0135. I fully understand that the wiring or sensor crapped out, but have no idea why it would happen after installing the intake. and another note... it is throwing this code twice. no idea why...

Last edited by ShowEclipse; 12/10/2005 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12/11/2005, 10:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Canadian Goddess

Vehicle: 2001 GS
mitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to mitsuracergirl0 Send a message via MSN to mitsuracergirl0 Send a message via Yahoo to mitsuracergirl0
you must not value my opinion

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
mitsuracergirl0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/12/2005, 08:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
ShowEclipse

your opinion had nothing to do with why the code pops up after installing an intake. your opinion was that the code appeared because of the intake. i want to know why. i already know what it is.
Old 12/12/2005, 10:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
Canadian Goddess

Vehicle: 2001 GS
mitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regularmitsuracergirl0 should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to mitsuracergirl0 Send a message via MSN to mitsuracergirl0 Send a message via Yahoo to mitsuracergirl0
i told you why...but i guess you didnt hear that either

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
mitsuracergirl0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2006, 12:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

xmlenigma : who are you?
Can someone tell me whats the best place to buy this part from? Online / offline ? Prices?

Also, I have those PDF manuals downloaded. What should I be looking at to replace it? What tools do I need if any?
xmlenigma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/14/2006, 01:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
ShowEclipse

O'reily's or Autozone. If you buy the OEM one its $150. If you buy the noname one, it's $75.

The OEM one can be just screwed in where the old one was. The noname one has to be welded in.
Old 01/16/2006, 04:18 PM   #29 (permalink)

OEM is around 170 at AutoZone and Oriellys. Its close to 70/100 online. Any particular brand I should pick up?
Old 01/16/2006, 06:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
Ph.D > me

Vehicle: '04 TSX ; '07 G35x
Phil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regular
https://www.automedicsupply.com/cata...eb4f93564d7d86 - that's where I bought my 4 new o2 sensors from. Came to $385 for all 4.
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/23/2006, 06:50 PM   #31 (permalink)
Puma, Like a Big Cat

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse RS
3g_clips_rs : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to 3g_clips_rs Send a message via Yahoo to 3g_clips_rs
I have an '02 RS (4 cyl). I'm throwing code 135 (in bank 1 sensor 1) like you guys did. If i ordered the Pre-cat OEM replacement o2 from Oxygensensors.com (part # 250-24633) would it work and where do i put it? Where is the o2 sensor that is fucking up? I'm pretty sure that this has been answered, but I read this entire post twice and it makes no sence to me, does all previous pertain to the V6?
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instatly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another which states that this has already happened.

See my eclipse at:www.cardomain.com/ride/2101624
3g_clips_rs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/23/2006, 06:54 PM   #32 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
hey, anyone know what the Bosch part number is?
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/23/2006, 08:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
*Photoshop Bitch*

Not answering the recent questions really, but I am still running the same generic O2 sensor I purchased at www.oxygensensors.com. No problems almost three years later. All it required was snipping the old wiring harness, then using thee included hardware to splice the new sensor on and plug back in. I can't remember exactly, but I think the sensor itself ran like 60 bucks vice almost double that for one taht included the harness, and even more for one from the dealership.
Old 01/23/2006, 08:46 PM   #34 (permalink)
Puma, Like a Big Cat

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse RS
3g_clips_rs : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to 3g_clips_rs Send a message via Yahoo to 3g_clips_rs
but where is the o2 sensor for the 4cyl that is bank 1 sensor 1?
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instatly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another which states that this has already happened.

See my eclipse at:www.cardomain.com/ride/2101624
3g_clips_rs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/23/2006, 08:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
*Photoshop Bitch*

I don't have them sitting in front of me right now, but they are explicitly labeled and described in the service manuals.

The digital version of the manuals is online here somewhere if you search for it and you can figure the location out from them.
Old 01/23/2006, 09:01 PM   #36 (permalink)
New daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3g_clips_rs
but where is the o2 sensor for the 4cyl that is bank 1 sensor 1?
It would be the O2 sensor closest to the engine.
Old 05/19/2008, 12:23 PM   #37 (permalink)

I was told that if I unplug the battery for 10/20 minutes and then go for an inspection the sensor code and service engine would not show and I can get an inspection sticker easy.
Is that something I can do for a temporary solution to my inspection problem. ?
Old 05/19/2008, 05:34 PM   #38 (permalink)
(b)org banugee

Vehicle: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3
citm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by allcitm2000 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to citm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmlenigma View Post
I was told that if I unplug the battery for 10/20 minutes and then go for an inspection the sensor code and service engine would not show and I can get an inspection sticker easy.
Is that something I can do for a temporary solution to my inspection problem. ?
Maybe if you drive straight to the inspection center the light would be out. Otherwise, the second time you start your car with the failure condition present, the light will be right back on (or drive so many miles with it present). If all they do is look for the light, you might pass. If there is an actual emissions test, you're even LESS likely to pass, because your computer won't have finished re-learning yet. How about just fixing it?
Old 07/24/2008, 07:00 PM   #39 (permalink)

Vehicle: '03 Eclipse GTP
JT-Eclipse03 : who are you?
Good info.. working on a similar problem now.. (with only 40k kms on the dial)..
Up here, if your ses lite is on..they wont even test you... then it gets worse/time consuming from then on....
I'd rather fix it now.. then have to deal with the BS from the Gov't later.
JT-Eclipse03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/25/2008, 06:07 PM   #40 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Vehicle: 2000 Silver GT
THE_SilverBullet is similar to TE
Send a message via AIM to THE_SilverBullet Send a message via MSN to THE_SilverBullet Send a message via Yahoo to THE_SilverBullet
Just got code P0141 (sensor heater circuit malfunction, Bank 1, Sensor 2). Was reading this post and I know I probably need a new O2 sensor. I apologize because Im still not 100% sure which sensor I need for bank 1, sensor 2. I have a 2000 GT, sporty, fed spec. Whats funny, is I just got the code today AND it just turned 75,000 miles today. I know thats probably a coincidence.

Can someone look at this link and please let me know which sensor I need for bank 1, sensor 2, please? Really would appreciate the help!!!

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse 3.0 V6-24V Oxygen Sensor - Auto Parts World
Old 04/21/2009, 04:51 PM   #41 (permalink)

Vehicle: '02 Spyder GT
Gustavo7 : who are you?
Send a message via MSN to Gustavo7
o2 Bank 1 Sensor 1... is that front or rear?
Gustavo7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/21/2009, 04:51 PM   #42 (permalink)

Vehicle: '02 Spyder GT
Gustavo7 : who are you?
Send a message via MSN to Gustavo7
Mitsubishi MD313304
Gustavo7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/21/2009, 04:59 PM   #43 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Vehicle: '13 Wrx
Tx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo7 View Post
o2 Bank 1 Sensor 1... is that front or rear?
rear before the precat
Old 04/18/2011, 06:15 PM   #44 (permalink)

hiimchad suckshiimchad suckshiimchad sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTY View Post
is this the same on cali-spec GS's?
hiimchad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/21/2011, 10:06 PM   #45 (permalink)

Vehicle: '03 Eclipse GTP
JT-Eclipse03 : who are you?
...this is the info I received re: the similar issue...
. On Cali spec: - Re O2 sensors

Bank 1 is the side where manifold is near firewall
Bank 2 is the manifold at the front of the car near bumper

Sensor 1 is before Cat
Sensor 2 is after Cat

Ex. Bank 2 Sensor 1 would be the sensor that's placed in the manifold closest to the bumper and before the Pre-Cat.

It's common for people to think that the Bank towards the bumper is Bank 1. I know I did at first

-

Sensor 1 Bank 1 (Before Pre-Cat on firewall side)!!

JT-Eclipse03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.