Turn Signal Flasher Module / LED Brake Lights - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09/17/2006, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

levelbest : who are you?
Turn Signal Flasher Module / LED Brake Lights

Anyone know where the module that controls the Flasher in the turn signals is located. Tried looking at both sets of fuses and can't find it.

Trying to figure out whether installing a LED Flasher is an option rather than popping in a load equalizer to slow down the fast blinking turn signals.

See http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

Also, a unique thing also happened after I installed LED lights in the rear brake lights. When I apply the breaks, the CD Changer and Backlight on the Clock go out. When the headlights are on, this doesn't happen - as it must balance out the load.

Anyone else have these issues?

88.7 JOHNfm - We Know Great Music
levelbest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09/19/2006, 11:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

Any ideas... anyone?

Old 09/19/2006, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
*insert funny title*

Vehicle: 2003 Audi A6 2.7t quattro
Jabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club exists
No clue on the flasher, but I have the load resistors in all around. My clock dims also whenever I apply the brakes. Been like that for over a year now.
Jabber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/26/2006, 11:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

boh-ism : who are you?
The flasher module is located in the fuse box that's located next to the steering wheel. Now I don't know which one for sure but turn on ur blinkers, listen to that clicking noise. You will definitely find out which one, thats how I did. Now I have a question for you if you don't mind, does leds bulbs make the blinkers faster?? I want my blinkers to be faster but recall people said leds make bulbs faster. Thankss
boh-ism is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/27/2006, 12:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yep - they blink about 3x as fast as normal with LED's unless you put load balancers in there.

Old 09/27/2006, 04:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

boh-ism : who are you?
Oh.. So All I gotta do is replace the 2 front bulbs in the front and two in the back and i'm set?

Thanks for replying. And any suggestions wheres a good place to get them or where you got yours?
Pepboys,autozone, or online? I preferred the stores because I hate waiting for shipping.

boh-ism is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/21/2007, 11:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS
tosin9 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to tosin9
BUMP. I really can't figure out which one is the flasher for the turn signals. I'm also contemplating getting the flsher from superbrightled's instead of doing the whole resistor load thing. I don't feel like having to worry about how to deal with the heat.
tosin9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/21/2007, 12:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 GT
Malveaux : who are you?Malveaux : who are you?
It's actually behind the fuse box. I haven't dug it out yet to do this either. I just did the load resistors.
Malveaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/21/2007, 03:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Electro-Shock Monkey

Vehicle: 2003 GT
Hardline : who are you?Hardline : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Hardline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber View Post
No clue on the flasher, but I have the load resistors in all around. My clock dims also whenever I apply the brakes. Been like that for over a year now.
your clockpod may be dimming because of a resistor of too low an ohmage
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/01/2011, 06:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 stratus
nightblade897 : who are you?nightblade897 : who are you?
Im sorry for replying to sutch an old thread but Ive been having so much trouble putting LEDs in my stratus. i already tried 3gstratus.org and they couldnt help any so now i come to you guys for help haha. did you have any issues when you guys installed load resistors? cause after i installed mine my running light half of my turn signals went out...
nightblade897 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/01/2011, 06:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
hates "smart" people

Vehicle: 2006 TSX
primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightblade897 View Post
Im sorry for replying to sutch an old thread but Ive been having so much trouble putting LEDs in my stratus. i already tried 3gstratus.org and they couldnt help any so now i come to you guys for help haha. did you have any issues when you guys installed load resistors? cause after i installed mine my running light half of my turn signals went out...
Did you install correctly?

Describe how did you install it in detail.
Old 05/01/2011, 07:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by primula View Post
Did you install correctly?

Describe how did you install it in detail.
I put the bulbs in. then i got some load resistors from superbright. i then hooked the resistors up in parlell with my turn signal bulb. ( one to ground and the other to the turn signal power) thats basicaly it..
Old 05/01/2011, 07:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
hates "smart" people

primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.
Which load resistor did you use? And you only replace 1 bulb with LED right?

Possible that you blew you fuse for your turn signal due to higher than needed load resistor.
Old 05/01/2011, 08:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Which load resistor did you use? And you only replace 1 bulb with LED right?

Possible that you blew you fuse for your turn signal due to higher than needed load resistor.
i replaced 8 bulbs. my 2 rear turn signals. my 2 rear break lights, my front turns and my front markers.
and thats what i thought so i checked my fuses and they are all good. funny thing is, is my turns work perfectly. just the dimmer half that comes on for my running lights doesnt work..

i checked the bulb to see if its something with the bulb but it still didnt work. im starting to think that its something with the computer.
Old 05/01/2011, 10:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
hates "smart" people

Quote:
i replaced 8 bulbs. my 2 rear turn signals. my 2 rear break lights, my front turns and my front markers.
and thats what i thought so i checked my fuses and they are all good. funny thing is, is my turns work perfectly. just the dimmer half that comes on for my running lights doesnt work..

i checked the bulb to see if its something with the bulb but it still didnt work. im starting to think that its something with the computer.

Oh wait, you meant your front running/parking light does not work. I thought you meant one side doesn't work.

In that case it is the LED bulb issue. It is no related to car computer at all.
You need dual intensity LED bulbs, most likely you had single intensity LED bulbs.

Edit1: On a second thought. You have a Stratus??? That might me different.

Edit2: Stratus: Your front running/parking lights is the same as turn signal light. So yes, you need dual intensity LED bulbs.

Last edited by primula; 05/01/2011 at 10:47 PM.
primula is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/01/2011, 11:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

i have dual contact bulbs lol, thats why im soo confused. everything worked fine when i didnt have resistors (other then i had hyperblink)
after i hooked my resistors only half of my dual intensity bulbs lit up.
Old 05/02/2011, 02:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
hates "smart" people

Quote:
i have dual contact bulbs lol, thats why im soo confused. everything worked fine when i didnt have resistors (other then i had hyperblink)
after i hooked my resistors only half of my dual intensity bulbs lit up.
So you are saying:
- You have dual intensity bulb which works fine without resistor but with fast blink.
- You put a load resistor across the turn signal and ground wires. So no more fast blink but you lost your running/parking light?
Old 05/02/2011, 10:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
So you are saying:
- You have dual intensity bulb which works fine without resistor but with fast blink.
- You put a load resistor across the turn signal and ground wires. So no more fast blink but you lost your running/parking light?
Exactly! lol
Old 05/03/2011, 12:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
hates "smart" people

Doesn't make sense. How many load resistors do you have?
Old 05/03/2011, 07:17 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Doesn't make sense. How many load resistors do you have?
ive got 1 for each turn signal..

thanks alot for trying to help but ive about had it, ill just keep it the way it is cause i still have my inner running lights working..
thanks again tho!
Old 08/27/2011, 01:48 PM   #21 (permalink)

NorTak : who are you?
Hi I'm new here and need some help please. My 2000 GS Eclipse recently died on me and we had a dealer put in a new...well used engine. Then the service engine light came on 1 mile up the road...bad injectors. They fixed that problem and also found a crack in the radiator. Replaced that. When I get it back after 4000.00 worth of work and parts...my keyless entry buttons no longer work and my left turn signal rear and front don't work. When I turn on the hazard lights the ones on the right work fine but not the ones on the drivers side. Anyone have any ideas? The dealership says it's not their fault but all were working fine before the radiator problem.
NorTak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.