transmission leaking need some help - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03/11/2007, 10:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT 5-speed
killereclipse : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to killereclipse
transmission leaking need some help

Ok so here is the deal, i have a 2000 GT 5-speed, and the transmission is leaking from somewhere. I think it is the driverside CV axle gormmet in the transmission, but i am not sure. So I was wondering if someone could tell all of the places that it is possible for transmission fluid to leak out, so i can get all new seals from the dealership and change them all. Thanks.
killereclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03/11/2007, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 eclipse gt
ridemlow03 sucksridemlow03 sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by killereclipse View Post
Ok so here is the deal, i have a 2000 GT 5-speed, and the transmission is leaking from somewhere. I think it is the driverside CV axle gormmet in the transmission, but i am not sure. So I was wondering if someone could tell all of the places that it is possible for transmission fluid to leak out, so i can get all new seals from the dealership and change them all. Thanks.
is it like a thick grease close to the cv boot?? if thats the case, inspect the cv boot. i just had my cv boot, and 2 engine mounts all replaced for 100. inspect the cv boot for tears or even little holes. if it has a good tear in it than replace the axle cause you never know what could have gotten in there but if it has a pin hole than just replace the cv boot. hope it helps.
ridemlow03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/12/2007, 12:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT 5-speed
killereclipse : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to killereclipse
i know its not a cv boot, cause its not that thick, its more like oil, and i know its comming from the transmission and not the engine cause that transmission fluid is always low after like 3 weeks.
killereclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/12/2007, 12:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
clean the trans down well and then spray it with deoderant (spray on white powder), then you can trace the leak back to the source.
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.