Cigarette Lighter won't stay down - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04/07/2007, 02:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

PartyInaCan : who are you?
Cigarette Lighter won't stay down

I have a 2003 GTS and for some reason if I goto use my cigarette lighter, it won't stay all the way down. If I push it down and take it out it does get warm. I don't smoke but I am really curious why this is not working
I can charge my phone with no problems.

Any ideas???

Last edited by PartyInaCan; 04/07/2007 at 02:40 AM.
PartyInaCan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04/07/2007, 03:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Vehicle: R32 Nissan Skyline GTR
kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.
Send a message via AIM to kabob Send a message via MSN to kabob

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Are you aware of how a cigarette lighter works? You push the plug all the way down until it catches. When it gets hot enough to light a cigarette, it will pop up. That's just how they normally work. Don't push the plug all the way in.
kabob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/07/2007, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

PartyInaCan : who are you?
okay well i guess i wrote that wrong it won't catch.
PartyInaCan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/07/2007, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Topless = Way to go

Vehicle: Chrome Blue 03 Spyder GTS
nox7788 : who are you?nox7788 : who are you?
I undestood, it's that the lighter won't stay down by itself. It happened to me in my other car, the cell phone charger messes the plug and the lighter doesn't stay down. You would have to hold it for it to get hot.
nox7788 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/07/2007, 11:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
*insert funny title*

Vehicle: 2003 Audi A6 2.7t quattro
Jabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club existsJabber is one of the reasons this club exists
auot parts store. Spend the 5-10 bucks to replace it. They are universal pretty much anyway. They just go bad over time.
Jabber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/07/2007, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Topless = Way to go

Vehicle: Chrome Blue 03 Spyder GTS
nox7788 : who are you?nox7788 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber View Post
auot parts store. Spend the 5-10 bucks to replace it. They are universal pretty much anyway. They just go bad over time.
I actually changed my lighter and that didn't work, it was the socket what was damaged by the cell phone charger so if I wanted to fix it I had to change the socket not the car lighter.
nox7788 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Problem Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.