Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

ace79603 progress thread for boost

15K views 129 replies 21 participants last post by  ace79603 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright guys I think the time has come to start collecting parts for a Turbo Project. Honestly I was not gonna make a thread until I was done but my recent purchase has pushed me well ahead the I originally thought I would be thanks to cyberbrain 335 for turbo and exhast :woot:. I have a 2001 Black MT RS.

I took this list from Virtuaframax(hope you don't mind

TURBO, MANIFOLD AND IC:

[] EVO 8 Turbo (recived)cyberbrain
[] Evo 8 Stock Manifold (Recived_ gsrboi80 (evolutionm)
[] RRE SS Angled Spacer(recived) RRE
[] Evo 8 o2 Housing ](recived)cyberbrain
[x] Ebay FMIC: 28x7x2.5 – 2.5” ](recived)cx raceing
[x] lower IC pipeing(recived)BluByYou EvoVIII
[x] upper IC pipeing (evo 8) (Recived) cyberbrain
[] BOV with pipe (Recieved) cyberbrian
[x] Turbo Timer (Installed)

EXHAUST:

[x] EVO VIII Downpipe 3"( trying to keep AC. Acutally it's a NEED to keep AC)(recieved) cyberbrain
[x] 3" 2g N1 "style" exhast](Recived)cyberbrain
[x] Weld on Wideband Bung](Recived) chaotichoax (evom)
[] DEI Heat Wrap for dp (Recived) ebay
[x] Extended studs(Thanks Ithinkyou)]_Recived ssstuds

OIL/COOLING:
[x] Oil feeding and drain lines
[x] New Oil pan] (recived)ace30697
[x] gasket and sealant (recived)Autozone
[x] Oil Sandwich from filter (Installed)Glowshift
[x] Fitting for Oil line on pan (Installed)Ebay
[] CSF Radiator

FUEL/IGNITION/ELECTRONICS

[x] Evo Fuel rail(Installed) 7State(evolutionm)
[x] Evo 8 FPR(Installed) 7State(evolutionm)
[x] Evo Injectors 560's(Installed) 7State(evolutionm)
[x] Triple pod(Installed)Cyberbrain
[x] NGK Spark plugs (2 ranges colder) (recived)Advanced
[x] Evo 560's injectors (Installed)3g-izzle
[x] New o-ring for fuel Injector ](Installed)
[x] Stock Evo 8 Fuel pump (Installed)NemosEVO (evolutionm)
[] Wideband o2 (any)
[x] Glow shift Boost gauge(Installed)Glowshift.com
[x] Oil pressure gauge(Installed)Glowshift.com
[x] Tactrix cable](Installed)tactrix.com
[x] Evoscan](Installed)
[x] ECUFlash](Installed)
[] Evo patch

Transmisssion All Put in and running good!!
[x] XTD Stage 3 clutch, pressure plate, and Throw out bearing(Installed)Shipped Ebay
[] Scot Gray Mix for Transmission Fluid(recived)
[x] Pull trany and get inspectedTrying to get inspected
[x] Motor Mounts done

As you can see I have a long way to go and I belive the progress with this is gonna be SLOW at best. I've already spent more than the Wifey wanted me to so it's time to hit the Overtime to make this happen.

If you guy see anything missing or something I should fix let me know. :twothumb:

Update 02-20-2008
Guys It's really comming along looks like all I have to purchase is smaller things and the most important is the WIDBAND. I've just about run out of my Incometax money so I'm gonna have to start useing my actual paycheck from here on out. LOL

Update 02-21-2008

I Purchased a Evo Fuel pump today and I decided not to get a EGT gage just yet.

I need to get a couple of things from you guys. I'm about to search for it so If I get the answer before had I will edit with my findings. I need to get the exact info for the Extended studs so I can go to Autozone to buy them Locally. Also I need a Part number for the NGK Plugs one range Colder. THANKS GUYS TO ALL THE PPL I HAVE PM'D AND HAVE HELPED

Update again 04/11/2009

Ok I had hit a down time with money but I'm back to working on getting this thing in. I have Took off the Powersteering, and the AC so I have plenty of room to that side of the block. I plan on getting the oil pan installed tomorrow and just plugging it until I'm ready to put the turbo on. I had sold my old evo8 turbo and mani but I have already ordered another one.

See less See more
#2 ·
all id say is note the studs for the spacer. but you can still find them at auto shops. It took me a while only because i was looking for the wrong pitch initially. :dunno: oh well lol

plus you can pull those in preparation for later, because they all wont come out with the same ease and it gets time consuming.

#4 ·
On the oil sandwich adapter, check with Summit Racing; they have one that fits our cars for like $27.00 from PermaCool.

Also, if you need any welding done I can bring my MIG up to Abilene...I know a lot of the shops up there want outrageous prices for simple exhaust work. :wavey:

#5 ·
#9 ·
dont forget to figure in for a beater. :) there will be downtime on this car in the first few months you turbo it. it isnt common for an install to go 100% as planned with no issues.

good luck, buddy!

Reactions: virtuaframax
#10 ·
LOL I hope there isn't much down time. I do have a Van that I can use but I'm hopeing not to run into to many issues. The actual installation might be months and months from now. I'm gonna install all the eletronics and fuel componets first and then after when evertyhign is ready I will try the install.

Thanks for the heads up tho.

On a side note Is 200.00 for a AEM wideband(used) a good deal???
or where esle should I go

#15 · (Edited)
Most everyone uses ebay intercooler piping. You can get it welded to get rid of some of the couplers. But if your patient you can find on here someone selling a set of aai\tearstone piping. I actually think i saw someone parting out an xtech kit. not sure if that kits piping is the best but it all fits...
Edit: The xtech kit is for the V6 sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.