How to turbo my 02 eclipse gs and have A/C - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Forced Induction & Nitrous > RS/GS
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/28/2011, 03:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GS
02 GS Racer9 : who are you?
Cool How to turbo my 02 eclipse gs and have A/C

im sorry but i have searched for hours and could not find anything so plz dont be mad and ya im new and im buying a kit and others that i need but i was told i could not have ac and i really need it so how could i keep it ??? plz help me out thanks guys
02 GS Racer9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/28/2011, 03:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Missin' CO

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse spyder GT
Ek1ipz : who are you?Ek1ipz : who are you?
Where are you getting your "kit" from?
Ek1ipz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2011, 08:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GS-T
bwracing00 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to bwracing00 Send a message via Yahoo to bwracing00
Lol lol lol there is no good kit out there build your own look at everyones build and this thread is goof to get deleted there is a sticky in the turbo section under rs/gs please just look.
Custom Body Kit
18" HP evo lightning
Custom skyline taillights
Carbon Fiber interior
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b.../bwracing2.png
bwracing00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2011, 08:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 GS Racer9 View Post
im sorry but i have searched for hours and could not find anything so plz dont be mad and ya im new and im buying a kit and others that i need but i was told i could not have ac and i really need it so how could i keep it ??? plz help me out thanks guys
Do not buy that "kit".

This is what I'm about: The 3G, 1998 GSX, EVO IX GSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin711 View Post
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2011, 03:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Mitsubishi EclipseGS
ya boy willz : who are you?ya boy willz : who are you?ya boy willz : who are you?ya boy willz : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to ya boy willz
Quote:
Originally Posted by finesse49ers View Post
Do not buy that "kit".
ya boy willz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2011, 03:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Missin' CO

Yea, thats why I said "kit." There is not kit that actually works. If you found it on ebay....DONT buy it. If you found it anywhere for that matter..DONT buy it
Old 01/28/2011, 05:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

2000RS-Turbo : who are you?2000RS-Turbo : who are you?2000RS-Turbo : who are you?2000RS-Turbo : who are you?
RPW makes a kit, for 7k lol
2000RS-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2011, 05:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Missin' CO

7k...damn. Ive seen fully built cars on craigslist for that price....
Old 01/28/2011, 06:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

ya boy willz : who are you?ya boy willz : who are you?ya boy willz : who are you?ya boy willz : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek1ipz View Post
7k...damn. Ive seen fully built cars on craigslist for that price....
If your willing to shell out that much for just a turbo set up, you should probably look at investing it in a better car
Old 01/28/2011, 07:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
CreepnIn The Shadows

Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Aqua Slug Champion!
Vehicle: 03 GT, 95 TSI
3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to 3gEclipse86
What exactly did you search for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgcfireassasi View Post
does anyone know anyway I can put a turbo on my 01 spyder gt. i don't want it for power i want it for the car shows. so anything would help. maybe i would like to get on it from time to time..
3gEclipse86 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2011, 07:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Vehicle: '03 Eclipse GTS
timster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gEclipse86 View Post
What exactly did you search for?
How to post a over asked question on club3g...
timster2833 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2011, 10:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GS
02 GS Racer9 : who are you?
you know i really am tryen to get help but seems like theres alot of childish people who have to say crooked crap all the time im not 10 years old im just a normal guy wanting to build a car for the love and fun of it and am geting hell because im not on a website all the time and am new just because you have already done sumthing and know all u needto know dosent mean you need to be mean to new people who are wanting to get in to this and be a part of sumthing like everyone else ek1ipz i thank you for being nice and tryen to help me man and it a t3/t4 kit and i really need to keep the a/c in the car to keep the peace lol know wut i mean women dont like to ride in alabama in summertime with no a/c and all you help would be great man thanks pm me if you want to
02 GS Racer9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/28/2011, 10:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

2000RS-Turbo : who are you?2000RS-Turbo : who are you?2000RS-Turbo : who are you?2000RS-Turbo : who are you?
t3/t4= EBAY!! There is no such thing, theres either a t3 or a t4 flange on exhaust housing of the turbo, not both. t3 and t4 are differnt sizes. Its like saying you have a 15"/16" wheel, it cant be both.
Old 01/28/2011, 10:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Missin' CO

Everyone gets flamed at some point, just have to learn the ropes of the site. If you stick around here long enough you will eventually find the answers you need. It is all here, just have to dig through the threads. Unfortuantely, I can't answer your question. I haven't gotten that far with my build yet and I don't know if I ever will. Boosting the 3G is freaking expensive as hell and you could easily buy a more suitable "tuner" car for the kind of money you would drop on boosting the eclipse. However, it has been done numerous times and there are plenty of people to help guide you in the right direction if you chose to continue.
Old 01/28/2011, 10:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Vehicle: '13 Wrx
Tx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wide
@ 02 GS. What you need to understand is for over the past 10 years the 3rd gen eclipse has been on the market, this has been a question in a THOUSAND minds. Can you imagine someone asking you the question a THOUSAND times? Especially when the info you seek is on the same forum your eyes are crawling through now? Plot your butt in the forced induction rs/gs forum and the answers of your questions will be there. If you decide to stick with this project and have over $2,000 to spend, I'm not too far from you and can assist with any 3g related needs.
Old 01/29/2011, 06:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
USN

Vehicle: 2004 Eclipse RS
3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular
Search will really get you 90% of the answers you are looking for. I have spent the last 3 months searching for information on putting a turbo on the 3g because I will be doing that, well, more my brother will be doing it so it will be ready when I get back. But I still want to read all the threads of other people put a turbo on their cars so I can answers questions my brother my have and give him advice to make it easier. There are some people on here that know a lot about doing this, and they made a thread about it.
3G Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/29/2011, 08:51 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 GS Racer9 View Post
and i really need to keep the a/c in the car to keep the peace lol know wut i mean women dont like to ride in alabama in summertime with no a/c and all you help would be great man thanks pm me if you want to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx4Codeman View Post
@ 02 GS. What you need to understand is for over the past 10 years the 3rd gen eclipse has been on the market, this has been a question in a THOUSAND minds. Can you imagine someone asking you the question a THOUSAND times? Especially when the info you seek is on the same forum your eyes are crawling through now? Plot your butt in the forced induction rs/gs forum and the answers of your questions will be there. If you decide to stick with this project and have over $2,000 to spend, I'm not too far from you and can assist with any 3g related needs.
If your in Alabama, become friends with this man, and search around the forums a bit and you'll be set. I learned the route to go with by simply searching through people's different build threads and PMing 1 person.

After you look around the FI section, you'll know what parts you need, buy them, take them to Codeman/install them yourself, and then have Codeman tune it and your set.

Also, the majority of people in this thread haven't flamed you at all, we've just told you not to buy a crappy EBAY kit, that will mess up your car.
Old 01/29/2011, 12:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Lift and Separate

Vehicle: 03 Ultra Red GS-T
Voodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to Voodoo Send a message via Skype™ to Voodoo
Here's your answer:

Or if you want A/C, you could just do this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000RS-Turbo View Post
t3/t4= EBAY!! There is no such thing, theres either a t3 or a t4 flange on exhaust housing of the turbo, not both. t3 and t4 are differnt sizes. Its like saying you have a 15"/16" wheel, it cant be both.
If it comes with a turbo, then it could technically be a T3/T4 turbo kit, because the turbo would have a T3 turbine housing/wheel and a T4 compressor housing/wheel

12.5 @ 111 mph || July 2010 COTM || Quickest stock longblock 3G Eclipse
My Website
PM me for Evo 8 parts
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/29/2011, 02:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
My Snail's Bigger =P

Vehicle: 03 GS-T/98 Expedition(EB)
03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
Here's your answer:

Or if you want A/C, you could just do this:

If it comes with a turbo, then it could technically be a T3/T4 turbo kit, because the turbo would have a T3 turbine housing/wheel and a T4 compressor housing/wheel

My Quicksilver 3G:http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-...silver-3g.html
Sponsored by: Mishimoto
03Quicksilver3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/29/2011, 03:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

So whats a t4 compressor housing? T3, T4, T5, T6 and so on is only the exhuast housing frame/inlet bolt patern. Compressor housing sizes are only letters, E, S, H, SP, and so on.

So stick that up ur butt Rob

Last edited by 2000RS-Turbo; 01/29/2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01/29/2011, 03:44 PM   #21 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 GS
Ithinkyou has a few friends hereIthinkyou has a few friends hereIthinkyou has a few friends hereIthinkyou has a few friends hereIthinkyou has a few friends hereIthinkyou has a few friends hereIthinkyou has a few friends hereIthinkyou has a few friends hereIthinkyou has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ya boy willz View Post
If your in Alabama, become friends with this man, and search around the forums a bit and you'll be set. I learned the route to go with by simply searching through people's different build threads and PMing 1 person.

After you look around the FI section, you'll know what parts you need, buy them, take them to Codeman/install them yourself, and then have Codeman tune it and your set.

Also, the majority of people in this thread haven't flamed you at all, we've just told you not to buy a crappy EBAY kit, that will mess up your car.
Theres a guy back from 06 or 07 that ran an ebay kit an fucked his shit up cuz hit turbo started spittin metal shavings into his oil pan. That guy didnt listen to cuz he was semi gettin flamed for not listening. He quickly disappeared soon after.
Ithinkyou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/30/2011, 09:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
I hate stance

Vehicle: V-ROD, R6, GST
XwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to XwP1ayawX
Lolz, you get what you pay for people
XwP1ayawX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/30/2011, 09:39 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwP1ayawX View Post
Lolz, you get what you pay for people
You mean your 35r isnt a t3/t4
Old 01/30/2011, 09:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
I hate stance

Vehicle: V-ROD, R6, GST
XwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to XwP1ayawX
Please son, my 35r is a 14b/GT42r/blower setup. It's so custom you can't even buy it. Paul Walker custom made it by hand.
XwP1ayawX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/30/2011, 09:53 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwP1ayawX View Post
Please son, my 35r is a 14b/GT42r/blower setup. It's so custom you can't even buy it. Paul Walker custom made it by hand.
Straight Baller Status
Old 01/30/2011, 12:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
Lift and Separate

Voodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by allVoodoo seems to be well-liked by all
Weak sauce. My turbo has a 10lb nitrous bottle inside it and a custom anti-gravity CHRA that works like a zero-friction bearing, allowing me to spool 30psi at idle.

My Website
PM me for Evo 8 parts
Old 01/30/2011, 12:29 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
Weak sauce. My turbo has a 10lb nitrous bottle inside it and a custom anti-gravity CHRA that works like a zero-friction bearing, allowing me to spool 30psi at idle.
Did dominic toretto build it for you?
Old 01/30/2011, 12:31 PM   #28 (permalink)

My turbo doesnt even have bearings, theres magnets that keep it centered and uses electric current to fully spool without the car even on.
Old 01/30/2011, 12:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Vehicle: 2001 spyder gs
scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000RS-Turbo View Post
My turbo doesnt even have bearings, theres magnets that keep it centered and uses electric current to fully spool without the car even on.
pfffffttt.

i just built a turbo in my basement last night that is SO efficient (through the use of reflex magnaferrules... why did no-one make one using that yet?) that you no longer need fuel in your car. the boost alone is enough to give you 325 WHP. it is a fucking perpetual motion machine.

my tranny can't take it though... she says it makes her boobs bounce and dick flop around too much.

you got questions? we got answers: http://tearstone.com/shop/Factory-Service-Manuals/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00JStew3G View Post
If you want it done right, follow scarr's advice 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
scarr's right
scarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/30/2011, 12:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
Lift and Separate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr View Post
my tranny can't take it though... she says it makes her boobs bounce and dick flop around too much.

My Website
PM me for Evo 8 parts
Old 01/30/2011, 02:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
CreepnIn The Shadows

Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Aqua Slug Champion!
Vehicle: 03 GT, 95 TSI
3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to 3gEclipse86
Ha, you guys and your turbo's. Get yourself a tornado and call it a day. Instant throttle response, hell get one of those electric superchargers and call it a day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgcfireassasi View Post
does anyone know anyway I can put a turbo on my 01 spyder gt. i don't want it for power i want it for the car shows. so anything would help. maybe i would like to get on it from time to time..
3gEclipse86 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/30/2011, 02:33 PM   #32 (permalink)

18027 has a few friends here18027 has a few friends here18027 has a few friends here18027 has a few friends here18027 has a few friends here18027 has a few friends here18027 has a few friends here18027 has a few friends here18027 has a few friends here
I'll turbo your car for you....if funds isn't an issue shoot me a pm.
18027 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/30/2011, 02:50 PM   #33 (permalink)
My Snail's Bigger =P

Vehicle: 03 GS-T/98 Expedition(EB)
03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr View Post
pfffffttt.

i just built a turbo in my basement last night that is SO efficient (through the use of reflex magnaferrules... why did no-one make one using that yet?) that you no longer need fuel in your car. the boost alone is enough to give you 325 WHP. it is a fucking perpetual motion machine.

My Quicksilver 3G:http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-...silver-3g.html
Sponsored by: Mishimoto
03Quicksilver3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Forced Induction & Nitrous > RS/GS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.