fuel pressure regulator question - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Forced Induction & Nitrous > RS/GS
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/18/2012, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
fuck all you haters

Vehicle: 2001 eclipse GS-T spyder
ball5out needs to be reminded to breathe.
Send a message via Yahoo to ball5out
fuel pressure regulator question

Do all of you boosted guys use fuel pressure regulators or do some actually have no need for them? Is it something that i need for my turbo application? Thanks
ball5out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/18/2012, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Vehicle: 2003 GS Manual
Drewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by all
Again search. It depends on what pump and injectors your using. And what pressure it's at
Drewski0523 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/18/2012, 11:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
fuck all you haters

I will be using 440 injectors and a 255lph fuel pump. The tuner just hasnt mentioned anything about the fpr whether the oem is ok or should we replace it. Ill search on some infos here later on. Thanks
Old 01/18/2012, 11:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Drewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by all
Evo 8 fuel rail and fpr need to be on your list
Old 01/19/2012, 12:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, 07 Jeep GC
Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Drunkoffjuic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski0523 View Post
Evo 8 fuel rail and fpr need to be on your list
You can find then cheap on evolutionm.net. Check the part out threads.
Old 01/19/2012, 12:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-T
Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
I can't comment on the Evo FPR but every other FPR Mitsu made gets overrun by the walbro and pressure goes way up and is uncontrollable. Aftermarket (or Evo I guess) is mandatory.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2012, 12:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
I can't comment on the Evo FPR but every other FPR Mitsu made gets overrun by the walbro and pressure goes way up and is uncontrollable. Aftermarket (or Evo I guess) is mandatory.
Evo fpr handles the walboro perfectly fine. Aftermarket is just a lot of extra $ and if all you want is a pretty color then powdercoat it
Old 01/19/2012, 12:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Kampfbereit

Vehicle: 2007 350Z
Tearstone has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Tearstone Send a message via AIM to Tearstone
If you want to use your stock rail, we still have a bunch of fuel rail adapters to use an adjustable aftermarket FPR like an Aeromotive.

http://tearstone.com/mitsubishi-bill...-rail-adapter/
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2012, 03:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
fuck all you haters

These are all useful info. I will show all these and discuss with my performance guy (installer lol)
Old 01/19/2012, 01:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Missing my eclipse..

Vehicle: 02 Jaguar X-Type
505eclipse : who are you?505eclipse : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearstone View Post
If you want to use your stock rail, we still have a bunch of fuel rail adapters to use an adjustable aftermarket FPR like an Aeromotive.

Tearstone Performance - Mitsubishi Billet Fuel Rail Adapter
yea i bought one of tearstone, great stuff!
505eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2012, 03:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
more guinness

Vehicle: 03 GS(pos in disguise)
wanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ball5out View Post
These are all useful info. I will show all these and discuss with my performance guy (installer lol)
I recommend the aeromotive fpr and picking up a rail adapter from tearstone. This is probably the last batch he's going to make and you don't have to modify anything like you would with the evo rail.

Your "Performance guy" should be telling you if your fuel system is inadequate not the other way around. All the info you could ever want or need to know has been posted here and most even have pictorial guides. Think of the money you can save or even start to profit by taking time to search the forums. We even have the "Advanced" search feature here, but it doesn't activate until you do 50 normal searches.
Old 01/19/2012, 07:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
fuck all you haters

Thanks to all the helpful infos. I will be purchasing the universal turbo kit today and the turbo manifold. The shop that will do it will make the downpipe. Next week i should also get the injectors and fuel pump and the apexi neo and have the mechanic sort all the parts out and wait to see what else he says we should get. He hasnt ever mentioned about me getting fuel rails. I dont know if they will fab one or what. Their shop is known to build turboed civics and other imports. The shop actually has 2 civics that they race alot so since im a complete noob about this, ill wait what else they tell me to get. But based on ur advices here, i will get an aftermarket fpr and have them install it ;-)
Old 01/19/2012, 08:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Universal kits never seem to work out too well on the 3G, and why are you using an Apexi piggy back when you can run an EVO Ecu and have it flashed or even flash the stock ECU?
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/19/2012, 09:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
fuck all you haters

My car is still an automatic so they said just do piggy back. As far as the turbo kit not working well on 3gs, i will let them worry about getting it to work lol! If the turbo itself goes, i think its not too expensive to get a new hybrid turbo again. Im not really wanting alot of power for starters. Im only gonna ask the tuner if he can just give me around 240whp. I might even be happy with 200 lol! Any additional power than what i have now is good ;-)
Old 01/19/2012, 09:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
am cat

Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
That's because they don't know about the dual ECU harness, infact someone had one for sale. No offense to them or you, but Mitsubishi is not Honda.
Old 01/19/2012, 10:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
more guinness

wanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends herewanted A GT has a few friends here
Quote:
My car is still an automatic so they said just do piggy back.
Technically your first post wasn't until January so I think your join date should be adjusted to reflect a 2012 Über nooblet status. It's not fair to the 2011's to have you on their roster.
Old 01/19/2012, 10:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
am cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanted A GT View Post
Technically your first post wasn't until January so I think your join date should be adjusted to reflect a 2012 Über nooblet status. It's not fair to the 2011's to have you on their roster.
I'm sorry, how does this pertain to this thread or this section of the forum? You've got an hour to make a compelling argument as to what this has to do with forced induction, then I ban you.
Old 01/19/2012, 10:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
fuck all you haters

Non taken bitter. Ill let them work on what they know hahaha! And besides, the safc neo looks cool too ;-)
Old 01/19/2012, 10:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
am cat

Quote:
Non taken bitter. Ill let them work on what they know hahaha! And besides, the safc neo looks cool too ;-)
And you, read more here about forced induction. You sound like you're in over your head and this thread really reinforces that. Had you done more reading you'd have not asked such a simple question which is more or less covered by many threads on this forum.
Old 01/19/2012, 11:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
fuck all you haters

I know there are treasures on info on here. I did do some search here and there but bottom line is, ur right about me being over my head on the concept of turbo. Hell i just learned last night where the turbo connects and how the whole system works. I know a helluva lot more about guns than i do cars. I am actually a competitive shooter, nationally ranked 2 yrs ago and also own a crotch rocket. I do race alot on 2 wheels but after 3 friends dying, i said no more. At 33 yrs of age and one kid, i still got the need for speed but i wanna do it safer being on for wheels. This would be funny to most of u but in a couple of days, im gonna have my egr replaced, spark plugs and wires, timing belt and water pump by my family friend mechanic. Yes...im not doing it coz im afraid ill fuck it up and dont got enough tools yet lol! Im good behind the wheels but my car knowledge would be like a 3 in a scale of 10 hence the uber noob question ;-). And i work 6 days a week lol so not enough time for anything. Hell i gotta hide in my car now just to post all these hahaha!
Old 01/19/2012, 11:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
more guinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
I'm sorry, how does this pertain to this thread or this section of the forum? You've got an hour to make a compelling argument as to what this has to do with forced induction, then I ban you.
Well when i first joined and making useless threads like this I was fortunate to get some enlightenment from zrocks04, doric a few other guys. Their comments and neg reps helped me to see the error and idiocy in my forum actions.
Sometimes a little tough love is better for new guys is what I'm saying I guess. I agree with the ban. Ball5out keeps us posted on how that safc works out for you.
Old 01/19/2012, 11:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
am cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanted A GT View Post
Well when i first joined and making useless threads like this I was fortunate to get some enlightenment from zrocks04, doric a few other guys. Their comments and neg reps helped me to see the error and idiocy in my forum actions.
Sometimes a little tough love is better for new guys is what I'm saying I guess. I agree with the ban. Ball5out keeps us posted on how that safc works out for you.
Tell you what, I'll give you a reprieve if you edit your post to somehow be helpful.
Old 01/20/2012, 12:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
I hate stance

Vehicle: V-ROD, R6, GST
XwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to XwP1ayawX
The ecu is going to fight and overcorrect any pos piggyback you put in there. Idc if you spent 12 bucks on an safc 1 or 600 bucks on a tpro with all the goodies.

Reflash or standalone, those are the only ways to tune this car. Both have a steep learning curve, so make sure your tuners know how to do more than push an up button when you start running lean.
XwP1ayawX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/20/2012, 02:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
fuck all you haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwP1ayawX View Post
The ecu is going to fight and overcorrect any pos piggyback you put in there. Idc if you spent 12 bucks on an safc 1 or 600 bucks on a tpro with all the goodies.

Reflash or standalone, those are the only ways to tune this car. Both have a steep learning curve, so make sure your tuners know how to do more than push an up button when you start running lean.
Holy shit this trips me out now lol! Im gonna stop by the shop and talk to both the mechanic and tuner about this "going lean" thing. I was just doing a search on the potential power my automatic car would have and im abit amazed how voodoo's stock motor (which is the same as mine) is able to handle 16psi and run 12s. I would personally be happy if i can run low 14s or high 13s with around 14psi
Old 01/20/2012, 08:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
am cat

Yes, but Rob is 5spd.

Look up Napalm to see what the auto can do...or can't do.
Old 01/20/2012, 11:07 AM   #26 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-T
Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
Yes and 16 psi is on that turbo, on his setup. You could blow up on 5 psi if yours isn't set up correctly.

Every turbo is different, and there is a very clean cut limit the 4 cylinders and especially the automatics will hit. You need to know what those limits are and choose a setup accordingly so it can hit them while minimizing the danger to itself.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/20/2012, 12:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
fuck all you haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
Yes, but Rob is 5spd.

Look up Napalm to see what the auto can do...or can't do.
Read that already. Did a search on turboed automatic 4g64 and found that. So i guess a high stall torque converter is in my car's future and maybe even a reinforced/forged rebuild kit. Me and my boosted buddies and coworkers here are planning to go to infineon on march when my car is done to do wednesday night drags. My goal on that first day with this car is to run mid to low 14s. That will be my 4th time out on a track. I had a 2002 GTZ i used to fuck around with over there that ran 15.7 with just a ram air and catback. I wanna do way faster than that since im gonna spend all this money on a smaller car ;-)
Old 01/20/2012, 03:25 PM   #28 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GS
whitley87 : who are you?whitley87 : who are you?whitley87 : who are you?whitley87 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to whitley87
Quote:
My car is still an automatic so they said just do piggy back. As far as the turbo kit not working well on 3gs, i will let them worry about getting it to work lol! If the turbo itself goes, i think its not too expensive to get a new hybrid turbo again. Im not really wanting alot of power for starters. Im only gonna ask the tuner if he can just give me around 240whp. I might even be happy with 200 lol! Any additional power than what i have now is good ;-)
Its people like you that just don't understand the cheap turbos. You seriously don't think its going to be expensive if it does go? WTH. If that cheap, unbalanced turbo decides to go its most likely going to take the motor with it. If you'd be happy with around 200 hp run 6-7psi and leave the stock fuel pump and fpr since youre too cheap to do it right.
whitley87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/20/2012, 05:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
fuck all you haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitley87 View Post
Its people like you that just don't understand the cheap turbos. You seriously don't think its going to be expensive if it does go? WTH. If that cheap, unbalanced turbo decides to go its most likely going to take the motor with it. If you'd be happy with around 200 hp run 6-7psi and leave the stock fuel pump and fpr since youre too cheap to do it right.
If u dont have anything positive to say, just keep ur shit to urself bro. Its people like u also id like to punch in the face saying negative shit instead of helping. I got enough help and info from others here that actually have been helpful so go be a dick elsewhere. Sorry mods
On that same note dude, i did say i was a noob about boost thats why i asked questions here so ur an even bigger idiot for bashing on me about this. Id probably be physically bashing u right about now if i were there just for being an asshole. If a noob asked me something i know more about, id help instead of bashing, junior. Id probably get banned for this but i think its worth telling u what a piece of ahit i think u are

Last edited by ball5out; 01/20/2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01/20/2012, 06:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Vehicle: '13 Wrx
Tx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wideTx4Codeman is recognized club-wide
Quote:
If u dont have anything positive to say, just keep ur shit to urself bro. Its people like u also id like to punch in the face saying negative shit instead of helping.
He was giving you good advice. There is no such thing as a reliable & efficient cheap forced induction build on this platform. Cheap out, you will break parts. Inexperienced mechanic to this platform, you will break parts. You came here asking for thoughts and you got it.
Old 01/20/2012, 07:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Why is it then people get but hurt they need to start typing that they're going to kick some ass. Get over it man. You pay for what you get. Whitley is completely right and justified in what he said. Read the old threads on the premade "drop in turbos" they're all more trouble than they are worth. Just do an Evo 16g build its the cheapest you can do and actually have a functioning setup. That's why your being told to search. There are threads all over that list every part you will need, members who altered parts tell you in the treads they busted their asses to make. almost every single build on this platform comes complete with pictures, lists and the how to for what was done. Just take some time and search. But if you want to continue running into this blind be our guest. Well be the first to point and say "told you so"
Old 01/20/2012, 07:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
fuck all you haters

I just called a different performance shop called WORKS near the infineon raceway which is an hour and a half away from me. They have 3 inhouse evos set up for track and one 2nd gen eclipse with a 2.4 motor swap. Spoke to a one of the mechanics and being that they know a whole lot more about mistubishis, he immediatly told me to get bigger injectors than a 440. He suggested i get a 550. They have a software to do an evo 8 ecu flash but still waiting on word from his tuner if they can actually reflash my ecu. Scrub the piggy back at this point. The drive is way further out and cost of tuning and dyno is more expensive but i want it tuned right so i guess the mitsu guys will do my tuning since they are more familiar with the system. So after the turbo install, i will have my car trailered to WORKS and have them tune it. Damn the tuning, time on dyno and ecu flashing will run me more than $900 already lol! Im gonna try this hybrid turbo for now. After a few months, if the car is still ok, then upgrade to a turbonetics or some better. Thanks greatly for the heads up guys. U all probably just saved me $500 from the apexi ;-)

Last edited by ball5out; 01/20/2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01/22/2012, 05:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
fuck all you haters

Update: ive enlisted someones help from here which has done this 2 times already before and lives near me. For a fee ofcourse. I wont disclose the identity yet but as soon as he starts the build at my garage, id be taking pics of the car, myself and the pro. You would all recognize him . He is now guiding me with what parts to get and where
Old 01/22/2012, 05:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
am cat

Very glad to hear.
Old 01/23/2012, 12:23 AM   #35 (permalink)
fuck all you haters

I should have all the parts ready by 1st or 2nd week of feb. Then we set up the install and by the following day, my car will be trailered an hour and a half away for dyno tuning. Ofcourse i'll start a new thread disclosing the builders indentity and dyno sheet. By mid march i should be track bound with few other boosted buddies along with the installer and his own snailed 3g :-). This place made it possible
Old 01/23/2012, 01:53 AM   #36 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Quote:
I should have all the parts ready by 1st or 2nd week of feb. Then we set up the install and by the following day, my car will be trailered an hour and a half away for dyno tuning. Ofcourse i'll start a new thread disclosing the builders indentity and dyno sheet. By mid march i should be track bound with few other boosted buddies along with the installer and his own snailed 3g :-). This place made it possible
You think it will only take 1 day to do the install? Have fun.
Old 01/23/2012, 03:19 AM   #37 (permalink)
fuck all you haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski0523 View Post
You think it will only take 1 day to do the install? Have fun.
This isnt his first bbq nor his 2nd. Worse case for us be 2 days. We've been sorting things out on our end. Im sure it would be fun and im actually ready to make a sick call for work. Infact i told my boses already about THAT possible sick call lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Forced Induction & Nitrous > RS/GS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.