Roons turbo build - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Forced Induction & Nitrous > RS/GS

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10/23/2016, 11:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Roon

Vehicle: 01 gs black
rice : who are you?
Roons turbo build

First things first i would like to start off with saying i made this account in the heat of the moment and i regret my name choice. OK now i have had my 01 GS since September of last year and i have always wanted one. I still think they are clean just lack the power im wanting. So for the past few months ive been reading.. reading ..and doing some more reading even bought my first book to read recreationally. Im finally getting my list of parts and my approach is identical to the member cast. I am not going for a car that i can slap wings on and become a plane. I simply want to install a turbo and gain knowledge doing it. My goal is around 200 horsies minimum and a nice spoolin turbo at first. I want the least amount of fabrication and as much bolt ons as possible. I plan on going the evo 8 route but if anyone believes there is easier path let me know.

I plan on getting pictures of how the car sits now and making a ride thread but might as well get the turbo thread going so i can send private messages finally
rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10/24/2016, 01:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
When you're able to, PM Chad and he can fix your username issue for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/24/2016, 10:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Roon

So i know ebay kits are like putting sugar in your gas tank. And a used turbo doesnt sound the best but its also a oem turbo and mani. Does anyone have any advice on this ebay.com/itm/2003-03-MITSUBISHI-EVOLUTION-8-OEM-TURBOCHARGER-MEGAN-MANIFOLD-CT9A-EVO8-464-/272419819620]2003 03 MITSUBISHI EVOLUTION 8 OEM TURBOCHARGER/MEGAN MANIFOLD CT9A EVO8 #464 | eBay . Is it a steal or a scam cant really tell . Sorry i cant post the link yet

Old 11/02/2016, 01:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
05 gts

Leeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by manyLeeroy is well-liked by many
that link doesnt even work. honestly... do you have the money? time? a different car you can drive while you work on yours? a lot of the parts are gonna need to be custom made... you said you want to do it yourself so can you weld? are you willing to pay for the custom work if you cant do it yourself?

everything that seems easy about working on cars is a lot more difficult than it seems. specially setting up a turbo system from scratch.

if you are willing to do it, then good luck! there are many threads in the forum of people going the evo route. look at their parts list and do the math for $ it is not cheap. also tuning is a big part and a costly too.

my advice is, save up money and do things the right way the first time.
Leeroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/02/2016, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Mits. Eclipse 2.4l
ghosteye36 : who are you?ghosteye36 : who are you?
Hey man you really have look at whose a good honest seller on eBay. I got my evo 8 turbo and stock manifold from there. Then I sold my stock turbo manifold and got a tubular manifold. Yes it's not cheap and a lot of parts have to be customized but it's possible if you ready to drop up 10k. I'm in the middle of turning mine and i must say I'm pay attention to detail and I'm @the 5k mark I'm still collecting parts. The price depends on your build n how much u do it yourself n then how much you get charged from someone professional. Let me know if you serious or you can research what others have done n completed. Good luck on your journey to build.
ghosteye36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/03/2016, 09:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Roon

I plan on having only the fabricated part done and paid for as i do not have the tools nor skills to that. This is the main goal i have right now so im prepared to do whatever is needed. Thanks though
Old 11/03/2016, 09:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Roon

and yes sorry about the link cant just copy paste em yet
Old 11/03/2016, 01:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
am cat

Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
If you post the item number that can be searched on eBay and will go directly to the item.

Old 11/08/2016, 11:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Roon

Leaving the parking lot having such a low car compared to a tall truck sometimes doesnt end well. Girl backed into me and cracked a little part of my bumper and hit my turns out. Its okay i wanted new turns anyway. Anyways have gotten turbo and manifold so i guess there is no turning back now. Im running into trouble finding things im trying to learn about because of the missing pictures or deleted threads and not being able to msg anyone. Progress is going just very slowly
Old 04/20/2017, 03:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Roon

with the 4g63 manifold will i need different studs for my head? I have been looking for an answer but only see stuff about the evo mani. I could take it off and see but even then i wouldnt know what size studs to get
Old 04/20/2017, 07:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kimosabe

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GS-T
Masta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends here
You'll need to run extended studs and a spacer or two to clear the starter.

|
|
Masta560 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/20/2017, 07:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
am cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice View Post
Leaving the parking lot having such a low car compared to a tall truck sometimes doesnt end well. Girl backed into me and cracked a little part of my bumper and hit my turns out. Its okay i wanted new turns anyway. Anyways have gotten turbo and manifold so i guess there is no turning back now. Im running into trouble finding things im trying to learn about because of the missing pictures or deleted threads and not being able to msg anyone. Progress is going just very slowly
Did you ever get your account issues resolved?

Old 04/20/2017, 10:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Roon

What account issues bitter. And when you say spacer do you mean something like this https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=29170310...pp=true&chn=ps . What extened studs do i get i dont even know the stock size
Old 04/20/2017, 10:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
am cat

Sorry, you mentioned twice about not being able to send PM's and also that you wanted to change your username. I wasn't sure if there was some kind of problem going on with your account or what, and just wanted to make sure things were working correctly for you.

Old 04/20/2017, 10:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Roon

I mean i wanted to change my username i just had to get my post count up for the pms
Old 04/22/2017, 08:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Kimosabe

Masta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends hereMasta560 has a few friends here
Quote:
When you say spacer, do you mean something like this https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=29170310...pp=true&chn=ps. What extended studs do I get? I don't even know the stock size.
Yeah, two of those should do the trick. I made my own studs, I'm not sure what other people are doing nowadays.

|
|
Old 04/25/2017, 12:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
Roon

Thanks masta those have been added to the pile. Now i dont know if there is something wrong with me but over the last 3 days i have been trying to figure out how to hook up a vaccum gauge i know its not the most useful gauge but i got it in a combo for my oil pressure and temp gauges so i figure why not hook it up. Anways ive been reading on what line to tap and most people say something about a egr or fuel pressure regulator line. However all the threads with pictures are of the v6 and i have no idea where these lines to tap are. If someone could help me possibly even with pictures i would owe them some hugs. If this is to noobt well end me with roasts i guess
Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Kimosabe

Quote:
I don't know if there is something wrong with me, but over the last 3 days I have been trying to figure out how to hook up a vacuum gauge. I know its not the most useful gauge, but I got it in a combo for my oil pressure and temp gauges. Anyway, I've been reading on what line to tap, and most people say something about a EGR or fuel pressure regulator line. However all the threads with pictures are of the V6, and I have no idea where these lines to tap are located. If someone could help me, possibly, with pictures I would owe them some hugs. If this is too noob, well end me with roasts, I guess.
I'm sorry but your spelling, punctuation, and run-ons are incredibly annoying.

Here's where you can tap into the vacuum lines - I'm assuming its a Vacuum/Boost gauge which is actually pretty important, so I don't know why you'd say its not.

There are a few other things you can hook up too, so I installed a vacuum manifold from Vibrant.

|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Forced Induction & Nitrous > RS/GS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Random Question