Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Possible Body Kit

5K views 61 replies 19 participants last post by  02rs4g64auto 
#1 ·
#4 ·
:lmfao:

You said flame on, sorry dude but that kit is horrendous. Like said above, it's your car, so pick your poison.

#6 ·
The whole kit looks like it came out of the rear end of an angry bull dog.

#7 ·
it is a just slightly better looking kit than the blitz... in otherwords... not sexy at all. (but at least i was able to hold down my dinner when looking at it).

and this is what i specifically don't like about it:
1.the stupid... vent things in the rear.
2.the random swoopy-not looks like it goes to a different car front end. (with a dash of "oh yeah... we need a place for turn signals.. ehh that is good enough.")
3. the skirts.. WTF, why does it need giant edges sticking out? is this from madmax?

the wing is nice though.

#9 ·
It's your car. However, if you do go through with this. My bet is you'll look back on it later and smack yourself in the forehead like on those V8 commercials..

:twocent:

#18 ·
Theres a reason most people like the close to stock look. In general, those two lip kits (the ss and ww) are chosen because they help compliment the natural body lines rather than change them. I don't see why you're so set on a full body kit that will "uglify" the car IMO.

The second one's front end isnt bad, the rest is crap. The last one is the least horrid of the bunch. It's not my cup of tea, but if I ABSOLUTELY had to choose from those three. Thats the one I'd land on.

#25 ·
Checked out Mojo's car. I like his exterior, the skirts don't look bad. I think I'll end up going razzi. I also liked the black on top and white on bottom he did. Don't want to steal his set up though so I'll prolly just keep it all white. Interior trim and accents going to be blue, along with the calipers (hopefully on the rear as well if I can do the rear disc swap) and engine bay accents.

#26 ·
Carbon Fiber doors? Good luck there. Carbon fiber wouldn't be any less safe I would think, its relatively tough stuff. As for fitting/installing yourself, I've heard of members attempting, and running into issues where modifications were needed. So I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself just yet..

Back on topic. Razzi kit wins my vote. Though you'll need supporting mods such as a drop and dual exhaust to pull it off. GL with the project.

#27 ·
Mojo's car has the razzi rear and he dodged the dual exhaust problem by painting the exhaust area black.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-rides/86607-04mojogt-2007-updates-so-far.html

Just scroll down a bit and you'll see it in a pic from the back. I think I'll just do that. As far as the install, there's a customs shop near me that I know the owner and I'll be starting learning from him in february when business picks back up. Then once I know more and am more helpful I'll be working for him. The exterior work won't be happening for a while (I'm thinking next years tax returns). In the mean time I'm doing CAI and interior work. Then wheels/tires. Then drop. Then body kit. And if I can get rear disc swap in there somewhere that too.

#31 ·
I just saw 3G-XXX's car with that first kit I put up and I hated it. WW kit is ok... If I go with one of the two suggested it'd be that one. I didn't think fitment would be any kind of huge deal... What's the problem with putting a kit in? Wouldn't you just have to drill some holes and mount the damn thing?

#33 ·
#37 ·
Allright. I'm prolly not going to unless I decide to make the car into an all out race car, but from what it's looking like, that'd take a shit ton of money. So I may just make this car all show and daily driver and get another car later for a performance sleeper. I really don't know what I want out of this car or what I'm wanting to put into it yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.