Universal Pedal Cover Install? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Show and Shine
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03/22/2010, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

WeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometer
Universal Pedal Cover Install?

Hey, i recently purchased some pedals for my car off the internet. The instructions and everything on the box is all written in Japanese so im not sure how to install them.

It came with the 3 pedals (MT) and a bag of phillips head screws, and little "L" shaped brackets, which have a hole for the screw to go through, and then a nut to go on the back.

Im assuming the pedals sit on top of the rubber cover, then the bracket goes behind the actual pedal itself? and then just send the screw through to the bracket?

My problem is, does the screw go through the factory rubber cover? Or does the screw go next to it and the bracket just squeezes the rubber pedal and cover together? I'm not really sure whats going on. Any ideas?

CARBON FIBER MT PEDALS MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO ECLIPSE : eBay Motors (item 280472108213 end time Mar-30-10 23:25:11 PDT)
Advertisement

Old 03/22/2010, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Burban : who are you?Burban : who are you?Burban : who are you?
the screws in the gas pedal must go through the factory pedal.

the brake and clutch pedals you need to remove the rubber covers and drill directly into the metal. also find some other bolts that mount flush to the pedal surface. the ones that came with my pedal kit had too small of heads and the pedals would fall off
Burban is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/23/2010, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

WeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometerWeesLo Is a walking rectal thermometer
I'd have to drill through my pedal?
Old 03/23/2010, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Eclipse GT (Sold)
High_flier seems to be well-liked by allHigh_flier seems to be well-liked by allHigh_flier seems to be well-liked by allHigh_flier seems to be well-liked by allHigh_flier seems to be well-liked by allHigh_flier seems to be well-liked by allHigh_flier seems to be well-liked by allHigh_flier seems to be well-liked by allHigh_flier seems to be well-liked by allHigh_flier seems to be well-liked by allHigh_flier seems to be well-liked by all
the screws dont go over my factory rubber pedal nor I drilled thru them. installed the L brackets to the device and leave one loose, slide them in the pedals and re-tighten the one you left loose to hold the pedal tight. your done.
High_flier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/24/2010, 12:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_flier View Post
the screws dont go over my factory rubber pedal nor I drilled thru them. installed the L brackets to the device and leave one loose, slide them in the pedals and re-tighten the one you left loose to hold the pedal tight. your done.
Where do the screws go though? obviously through cover, into l bracket. But, do the screws have to go somewhere in order to hold everything together. Do the screws sit on the outside of the actual pedal its self? Whenever i set the pedal cover onto the pedal, the 4 holes in cover are blocked by the pedal its self. Thats what im confused about.

Last edited by WeesLo; 03/24/2010 at 12:12 AM.
WeesLo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/24/2010, 12:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
lionfire seems to be okaylionfire seems to be okaylionfire seems to be okaylionfire seems to be okaylionfire seems to be okaylionfire seems to be okay
Remove the rubber pads from your pedals.

Put the screws through the pedal covers, from the top of course.

Put the covers over the metal pedals.

Put the L brackets under the metal pedals and screw the screw into them.

They are meant to clamp the covers onto the bare metal pedals.

I don't believe there is a rubber cover on the gas pedal, you just put the cover plate over it the way it is. But I could be wrong, I've never tried doing this on a 3G.
lionfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/24/2010, 12:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionfire View Post
Remove the rubber pads from your pedals.

Put the screws through the pedal covers, from the top of course.

Put the covers over the metal pedals.

Put the L brackets under the metal pedals and screw the screw into them.

They are meant to clamp the covers onto the bare metal pedals.

I don't believe there is a rubber cover on the gas pedal, you just put the cover plate over it the way it is. But I could be wrong, I've never tried doing this on a 3G.
Alright I'll give that a shot. Thanks
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Show and Shine

Tags
racing pedals cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.