What would you do? The paint shop painted the spoiler while on the car. - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Show and Shine
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08/06/2010, 08:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: C6 Corvette Z51
awalp : who are you?awalp : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to awalp
What would you do? The paint shop painted the spoiler while on the car.

I thought Maaco was a reputable paint shop that just happen to offer inexpensive paint service as part of its services.

I had a local Maaco shop do paint work on my car because they were the closest paint shop to where I live, not for an inexpensive paint job.

I didn't choose the cheapest paint job, I actually paid for a good paint job.

Problem: I just noticed that they paint the car with the stock spoiler on the car (I had them remove my shine street spoiler to put a stock spoiler on). Instead of a space between the spoiler and the trunk-lid, it is molded on the car with paint. When I said, "Why was the spoiler painted on the car, it suppose to have been painted off the car? It is supposed to be removable.", they said, you brought your car to Maaco, that is what you get, we did nothing wrong. They told me it was my fault for not telling them to paint the spoiler separate.

What would you do? What should I do?

They are at the point where I've already paid for the car and the 'boss/manager' there already called me once after business hours and told me to come get my car or they were going to leave it outside and I was liable for it. Then and currently without the rear shine street lip I paid to have painted and installed on the car. They were having issues getting it installed so they have been demanding I come take the car as is, without the rear lip that I spent money to have not only painted but fiberglass repair work done on.

So after them already once told me to come get the car and they didn't want it in their shop anymore, when the rear lip hasn't even been installed (and still isn't), I discover the spoiler was painted on the car.

Like I said before, I thought they were a reputable paint shop. I didn't pay for a cheap $300 paint job, I paid for a good paint job.

What would you do at this point?

The options I've considered are demanding my money back if the rear bumper is not installed, and now I'm considering demanding money back or the rear trunk-lid and spoiler repainted and assembled properly so I can remove the spoiler if I want to. When spending 4 figures for a same color respray, am I expecting to much? As soon as they got paid it's like they don't want anything to do with my car, including finishing it, but want it gone.
awalp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08/06/2010, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 WRX
Got Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by all
It's Maaco....Only if you do all the prep work yourself, and specify what you want done, then they will just tape off the windows and lights and just spray. Heck, they even sprayed my friends windshield wipers.

My Old 2001 Eclipse
Got Rice Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/06/2010, 08:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Baby on board

Vehicle: 03 Mazda 6
MandaMarie00 seems to be okayMandaMarie00 seems to be okayMandaMarie00 seems to be okayMandaMarie00 seems to be okayMandaMarie00 seems to be okayMandaMarie00 seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to MandaMarie00
My parents got their car painted there after an accident, when my dad went to pick it up they had the mirror painted the wrong color. Maaco is not a very good place to go if you want it done right.
MandaMarie00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/06/2010, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
Damn man, getting your car painted has been one BIG hassle. I'm not familiar with painting cars but I would think if it's the stock spoiler then anything goes basically. Could they have removed it to paint it? Sure, but are they supposed to? I don't think so. You didn't pay for the cheap job but this is still Maaco you're dealing with.

This is what I'm about: The 3G, 1998 GSX, EVO IX GSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin711 View Post
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/06/2010, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 gts & 91 gsx
j hutch has a few friends herej hutch has a few friends herej hutch has a few friends herej hutch has a few friends herej hutch has a few friends herej hutch has a few friends herej hutch has a few friends herej hutch has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by awalp View Post
I thought Maaco was a reputable paint shop that just happen to offer inexpensive paint service as part of its services.
That's where you fucked up

That does suck though man I feel for ya. I'd try to get in touch with corporate because they can't just leave your car the way it is. You didn't pay for a half-assed job even if it is macco.

Last edited by j hutch; 08/06/2010 at 09:14 PM.
j hutch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/06/2010, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
they're like the mcdonalds of auto paint.
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/06/2010, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
Perfect analogy!!

This is what I'm about: The 3G, 1998 GSX, EVO IX GSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin711 View Post
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/06/2010, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS 6G75
White Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
complete shit and nothing less, my friend just got his car back 3 days ago and it has runs and looks horrible
Old 08/06/2010, 09:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Teh Geo had overspray and 'stuff' in the paint. otherwise, not too bad except they painted EVERYTHING blue
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/06/2010, 10:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Vehicle: 04 NSX, 10 Murano, 08 Alt
HIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
I thought Maaco was a reputable paint shop
Seriously.. 6 years on this forum and you haven't seen ONE thread and/or post about MAACO? You got exactly what you paid for. Sorry to say, but such is life.

Now, you will have to pay a reputable place to correct the fuck up, so what the cost should've been to begin with, is now your repair cost IN ADDITION to what you already paid to begin with. This is what happens when you try to shortcut shit.
HIJACKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/06/2010, 10:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Vehicle: 2001 spyder gs
scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
they did what you asked: paint the car.
who goes to maaco to get a lip installed? i just went through their site, and nowhere does it "we do custom work" or " we install aftermarket parts" or "we do body kits".

you can't pay for a good paint job at maaco. well, you can pay, just not receive. take your licks, chock it up to experience, and move on. you are really going through a lot of trouble to remove the kit, paint the car for stock, then re-add the kit, then remove the kit.. you are going to be bitten in the end anyway...10 bucks says that 2-3 months with that kit on (mo matter how much crap you put between it and the car) is going to mess the paint up anyway. cut the paint with a knife, cause like i said, i am betting it will need repainted anyway, once you remove the lipkit.

or you can take them to court. the "they didn't read my mind" defense always works.

you got questions? we got answers: http://tearstone.com/shop/Factory-Service-Manuals/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00JStew3G View Post
If you want it done right, follow scarr's advice 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
scarr's right

Last edited by scarr; 08/06/2010 at 10:29 PM.
scarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/06/2010, 10:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
hates "smart" people

Vehicle: 2006 TSX
primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.
Quote:

I had a local Maaco shop do paint work on my car because they were the closest paint shop to where I live, not for an inexpensive paint job.

I didn't choose the cheapest paint job, I actually paid for a good paint job.

Problem: I just noticed that they paint the car with the stock spoiler on the car (I had them remove my shine street spoiler to put a stock spoiler on). Instead of a space between the spoiler and the trunk-lid, it is molded on the car with paint. When I said, "Why was the spoiler painted on the car, it suppose to have been painted off the car? It is supposed to be removable.", they said, you brought your car to Maaco, that is what you get, we did nothing wrong. They told me it was my fault for not telling them to paint the spoiler separate.

What would you do? What should I do?

They are at the point where I've already paid for the car and the 'boss/manager' there already called me once after business hours and told me to come get my car or they were going to leave it outside and I was liable for it. Then and currently without the rear shine street lip I paid to have painted and installed on the car. They were having issues getting it installed so they have been demanding I come take the car as is, without the rear lip that I spent money to have not only painted but fiberglass repair work done on.

So after them already once told me to come get the car and they didn't want it in their shop anymore, when the rear lip hasn't even been installed (and still isn't), I discover the spoiler was painted on the car.

Like I said before, I thought they were a reputable paint shop. I didn't pay for a cheap $300 paint job, I paid for a good paint job.

What would you do at this point?

The options I've considered are demanding my money back if the rear bumper is not installed, and now I'm considering demanding money back or the rear trunk-lid and spoiler repainted and assembled properly so I can remove the spoiler if I want to. When spending 4 figures for a same color respray, am I expecting to much? As soon as they got paid it's like they don't want anything to do with my car, including finishing it, but want it gone.
Sorry dude, I guess you have not heard of Maaco horror stories. Cheap or "expensive", it is still a cheap paint job place.

I doubt any place will remove a stock spoiler to be painted separately unless you request so.
Old 08/06/2010, 10:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

HIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by primula View Post
Sorry dude, I guess you have not heard of Maaco horror stories. Cheap or "expensive", it is still a cheap paint job place.

I doubt any place will remove a stock spoiler to be painted separately unless you request so.
Most TRUE paint jobs will remove headlights, taillights, mirrors, spoilers, bumpers, etc and spray everything separately and reassemble. The paintjob itself is the cheap part, regardless of where you go. It's the PREP work and labor that makes it expensive, so the question then becomes - how much do you care about a quality job. If you don't give a flying fuck, then cheap out. However, if you want an OEM quality job, then be prepared to spend $2k+ easy.
Old 08/06/2010, 10:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 WRX
Got Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIJACKER View Post
Most TRUE paint jobs will remove headlights, taillights, mirrors, spoilers, bumpers, etc and spray everything separately and reassemble. The paintjob itself is the cheap part, regardless of where you go. It's the PREP work and labor that makes it expensive, so the question then becomes - how much do you care about a quality job. If you don't give a flying fuck, then cheap out. However, if you want an OEM quality job, then be prepared to spend $2k+ easy.

A while back my dad got my moms 88 Monte Carlo SS painted (that sunlight changing paint, black to dark dark purple) and it cost us about $4k if I remember correctly.

My Old 2001 Eclipse
Got Rice Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/06/2010, 10:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: 01 GT
Pace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by all
Id tell my del sol maaco horror story bt ive posted it multiple times noe. Maaco sucks plain and simple

Members Ride....Check it out
Pace187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/06/2010, 11:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Rice Boy View Post

A while back my dad got my moms 88 Monte Carlo SS painted (that sunlight changing paint, black to dark dark purple) and it cost us about $4k if I remember correctly.
Very nice classic car. My parents just recently got antique tags added to their 84 Monte Carlo SS. It's white, mint condition, with roughly 85k original miles. It sits next to a 1929 Model A.

Either way, back on topic.
Old 08/06/2010, 11:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
EZT
FearIsTheMindKiller

Vehicle: 2009 370z
EZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by allEZT seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to EZT
Dude I am sorry you messed up big time there lol

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted"
EZT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/07/2010, 01:45 AM   #18 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GS-T
bwracing00 : who are you?bwracing00 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to bwracing00 Send a message via Yahoo to bwracing00
if your willing to do the drive we will be willing to put a nice paint job on your car.
Custom Body Kit
18" HP evo lightning
Custom skyline taillights
Carbon Fiber interior
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b.../bwracing2.png
bwracing00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Show and Shine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.