Glossy 3M Di-NOC Wrapped Stuff - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Show and Shine
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03/23/2011, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Faster than a turtle

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GT
DaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regular
Thumbs up Glossy 3M Di-NOC Wrapped Stuff

So a couple of days ago I ordered a roll of glossy 3M di-noc carbon fiber wrap to try it out on some stuff. I never been a fan of carbon fiber vinyls or decals that have a carbon fiber "look", but this one really makes wrapped things look a lot sexier and not cheap IMO.

LINK TO THE STORE: 3M-Dinoc Store items - Get great deals on Scotchprint 1080 CF12, 3M CA421 items on eBay Stores!

Here is some pictures of my alloy fuel door.

Im really happy with the outcome.

Last edited by DaniIndoor; 03/24/2011 at 05:32 PM.
DaniIndoor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03/24/2011, 07:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
fuck em

Vehicle: TT Z
Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.Mark paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
The DiNoc wrap has been pretty popular on the 350Z boards, lots of guys wrapping their interior pieces, roof, etc. Seems nice, and I agree that it doesn't look like cheapie checked fake CF that I've seen for years. How difficult was it to wrap, and what was the process?
Old 03/24/2011, 07:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
For My Enjoyment

Vehicle: 2002 Spyder GT 6G74
MemphisRaines : who are you?
I have been thinking about doing my dash in it, just saving up some money first.
Old 03/24/2011, 08:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
hates "smart" people

Vehicle: 2006 TSX
primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.
Did you use a heat fun for it?
Old 03/24/2011, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
JVP
JVP

Vehicle: 2004 stratus r/t
JVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to JVP
Although I would never do any type of carbon fiber that looks really good.
JVP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/24/2011, 11:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Protect this house

Vehicle: 2001 GT 3.8 6G75 NM
GTmitsu seems to be well-liked by allGTmitsu seems to be well-liked by allGTmitsu seems to be well-liked by allGTmitsu seems to be well-liked by allGTmitsu seems to be well-liked by allGTmitsu seems to be well-liked by allGTmitsu seems to be well-liked by allGTmitsu seems to be well-liked by allGTmitsu seems to be well-liked by allGTmitsu seems to be well-liked by allGTmitsu seems to be well-liked by all
I like it

258whp/274wtq N/M 6G75
March 2014 Car of the Month
GTmitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/24/2011, 11:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, 07 Jeep GC
drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsdrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsdrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsdrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsdrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsdrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsdrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsdrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsdrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsdrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsdrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to drunkoffjuic
It does look good. But i wish you would have made it look continuous. ( the doors "CF" weave is cockeyed to the outside frame)

I dont think i have ever typed cockeyed before.....feels dirty to type
Old 03/24/2011, 05:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Faster than a turtle

DaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regularDaniIndoor should be considered a regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
The DiNoc wrap has been pretty popular on the 350Z boards, lots of guys wrapping their interior pieces, roof, etc. Seems nice, and I agree that it doesn't look like cheapie checked fake CF that I've seen for years. How difficult was it to wrap, and what was the process?
Yeah same here, I always thought that fake CF made things looks cheapie and stuff but I deciced to try the dinoc wrap and I really like it. I did some more interior parts as well, I'll post pictures later. And It was really really simple, its like a decal. The roll that I bought has adhesive on the back so its like puting a decal on. Really simple, I just took the part that I was going to wrap apart, clean it with some glassclean.lol cut the material that was needed and wrapped it like if I was wrapping a christmas presents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primula View Post
Did you use a heat fun for it?
No the roll that I bought has adhesive on the back so its really simple to apply. I'll post a link to the store where I bought it on the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVP View Post
Although I would never do any type of carbon fiber that looks really good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTmitsu View Post
I like it
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkoffjuic View Post
It does look good. But i wish you would have made it look continuous. ( the doors "CF" weave is cockeyed to the outside frame)

I dont think i have ever typed cockeyed before.....feels dirty to type
I didn't even notice that.lol oh well..

and yeah it sounds dirty as well
Old 03/24/2011, 06:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
CreepnIn The Shadows

Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Aqua Slug Champion!
Vehicle: 03 GT, 95 TSI
3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to 3gEclipse86
That looks really good. I'm going to have to get some to redo my gas lid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgcfireassasi View Post
does anyone know anyway I can put a turbo on my 01 spyder gt. i don't want it for power i want it for the car shows. so anything would help. maybe i would like to get on it from time to time..
3gEclipse86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/24/2011, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

Vehicle: Y2K GT-P
ICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ICEMAN99TURBO Send a message via Yahoo to ICEMAN99TURBO
I have worked with this stuff as well, but not for wrapping, but for decals. It is great stuff to use, and it molds and bends great. I did the "HEMI" decals for the side of my truck

..not easy to see, but you can get the just of what I used it for... and I also did the one on my back window with the Blue shadow. I plan on wrapping a few things when it gets nicer out, because this shit loves heat!!

BTW, how much did you order and how much did you pay for it? I got mine through Justin - ImportCarPartsPlus and got a hell of a deal.
http://www.club3g.com/forum/vendor-s...-99-sq-ft.html
ICEMAN99TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/24/2011, 08:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banana suit what?!

Vehicle: 98 Trans AM WS6
StreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regular
That stuff looks really cool. I kinda like it better than the real thing

StreetLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/24/2011, 08:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Sam
Generally Bitter Admin

Vehicle: Not a 3G
Sam has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
How difficult was it to wrap, and what was the process?
DI-Noc is ridiculous. You can't mess it up, you can wad it up into a ball, heat it up and it springs back to normal. You can adhere it, not like it, pull it off, and re-stick the stuff. I've had a damn six foot long roll sitting in a closet for the past year collecting dust.

For a reference point as to how insane the material is, here is an installation on a sink.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/24/2011, 09:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Faster than a turtle

^ so quick!
she's a pro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gEclipse86 View Post
That looks really good. I'm going to have to get some to redo my gas lid.
You should. It looks better in person trust me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMAN99TURBO View Post
I did the "HEMI" decals for the side of my truck and I also did the one on my back window with the Blue shadow. I plan on wrapping a few things when it gets nicer out, because this shit loves heat!!

BTW, how much did you order and how much did you pay for it?
That looks awesome ICE
And I got a lil' 12"x24" roll to try it out, for $14 bucks shipped.
But for this one you dont need heat to apply it. So Im guessing that is different from the one you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
That stuff looks really cool. I kinda like it better than the real thing
haha yeah man. It looks even better in person.
Old 03/25/2011, 02:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
"S" Car...Gooooooo

Vehicle: 03 GT-T
SvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by many
I did my hood with it to show customers what it's like. Most people like the look of it. It's just too bad that it doesn't come in wide enough roles to do larger hoods (like ours) in one piece. It's about an inch shy going diagonally.
SvenHoek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/25/2011, 05:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

ICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ICEMAN99TURBO Send a message via Yahoo to ICEMAN99TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniIndoor View Post
That looks awesome ICE
And I got a lil' 12"x24" roll to try it out, for $14 bucks shipped.
But for this one you dont need heat to apply it. So Im guessing that is different from the one you use?
I only used heat to set it after it was installed, that and because it was a bit cooler outside and I was in a hurry to get that HEMI back on the truck.. It looked naked without it.

Check the link I posted, I am sure it is the same.

MitsuClipse, do you have any photos?
Old 03/25/2011, 06:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Faster than a turtle

Quote:
Check the link I posted, I am sure it is the same.
Yup! it looks like its the same stuff.
for new pictures!

Old 03/25/2011, 06:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Protect this house

Vehicle: Yes
ccarrillo717 : who are you?ccarrillo717 : who are you?
The AC vents look clean!
ccarrillo717 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/25/2011, 08:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Mits Eclipse GS
Fritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okayFritz seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to Fritz
Looks good
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/25/2011, 09:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/25/2011, 09:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Vehicle: YOUR MOM
rsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to rsingh12
^^^hahah bitter lol
daniel check your fb messages
btw looks good
Old 03/25/2011, 09:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
am cat

Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingh12 View Post
^^^hahah bitter lol
daniel check your fb messages
btw looks good
Di-Noc simulated carbon fiber head wrap for you dude.
Old 03/25/2011, 09:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
JVP
JVP

JVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
I like the looks of this better than on the car.
Old 03/26/2011, 07:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
Retrofitter

Vehicle: 03' Eclipse GS
jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via Yahoo to jstewart92
My favorite thing is definitely the shifter bezel, that looks great.
jstewart92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/26/2011, 09:43 AM   #24 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 GS
2000GSEclipse : who are you?
19 days left on this small piece sale...it's $7.79 on sale and $10.48 normal. I'm gonna buy a piece just to try it out on something small.

3M Di-Noc 3M dinoc Carbon Fiber Vinyl 12" x 12" SALE! - eBay (item 320671798241 end time Apr-14-11 17:58:20 PDT)
2000GSEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/26/2011, 11:00 AM   #25 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
eliteclipse : who are you?eliteclipse : who are you?eliteclipse : who are you?eliteclipse : who are you?
How is this being done? I don't understand. Wouldn't there be wrinkles around corners?
eliteclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/26/2011, 11:06 AM   #26 (permalink)
am cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteclipse View Post
How is this being done? I don't understand. Wouldn't there be wrinkles around corners?
it stretches very well.
Old 03/26/2011, 11:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
Retrofitter

jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.jstewart92 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Quote:
heat gun, makes it able to conform around curves.
Old 03/26/2011, 12:50 PM   #28 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
eliteclipse : who are you?eliteclipse : who are you?eliteclipse : who are you?eliteclipse : who are you?

So this picture, it is not possible to "wrap" it. It is only covered correct?
eliteclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/26/2011, 03:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
JVP
JVP

Quote:

What do you think wrapping something is doing? of course its covering it. A very simply search will unlock hundreds of wesbite's pertaining to install of this. I suggest you check it out.
Old 03/26/2011, 06:43 PM   #30 (permalink)

Vehicle: 00 Gt 04 V 99 Gsxr600
BlackoutGT65 : who are you?BlackoutGT65 : who are you?BlackoutGT65 : who are you?BlackoutGT65 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000GSEclipse View Post
19 days left on this small piece sale...it's $7.79 on sale and $10.48 normal. I'm gonna buy a piece just to try it out on something small.

3M Di-Noc 3M dinoc Carbon Fiber Vinyl 12" x 12" SALE! - eBay (item 320671798241 end time Apr-14-11 17:58:20 PDT)
i bought the same thing (except the gloss which is a dollar more) last night to give it a try if all goes well ill be buying more
BlackoutGT65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/26/2011, 07:10 PM   #31 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse gt
black3gks : who are you?black3gks : who are you?black3gks : who are you?
how well would something like this hold up on a set of wheels? has anyone on here seen it in person on a set?
black3gks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/26/2011, 07:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
Sam
Generally Bitter Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by black3gks View Post
how well would something like this hold up on a set of wheels? has anyone on here seen it in person on a set?
3m di-noc carbon fiber vinyl on some rims! finally! what do you think? - E46Fanatics

3M Di-Noc Film :: Di-Noc Carbon fiber on the rims picture by sgslasvegas - Photobucket

There's plenty more examples all over the internet.

http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/gallery/
Old 03/26/2011, 09:57 PM   #33 (permalink)
Guru of Rice!!!!!!

Vehicle: YOUR MOM
rsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by allrsingh12 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to rsingh12
Quote:
Di-Noc simulated carbon fiber head wrap for you dude.
hahah id wear it lol
Old 03/27/2011, 01:33 AM   #34 (permalink)
Faster than a turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstewart92 View Post
My favorite thing is definitely the shifter bezel, that looks great.
Yeah same here!

Quote:
Well I bought a 12"X24" for $14 shipped so its about the same price. And its the glossy kind.

Quote:
yeah wrinkles form around round parts. Thats why when Im wrapping something, I cut a lil more material than what is needed and I stretch it very well and cut the excess of material when the part is fully wrapped. and wallah! no more wrinkles.

Quote:
Well.. it is wrapped. And when you wrap something you cover it right?... I dont know what you mean bro?

Last edited by DaniIndoor; 03/27/2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03/27/2011, 01:40 AM   #35 (permalink)
RadioCats

Vehicle: Eclipse GSX
pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.pmurray20 is clearly one sexy bitch.
that gas cap, along with everything else looks very well done. that toilet seat haha just wow
pmurray20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/27/2011, 11:37 AM   #36 (permalink)
"S" Car...Gooooooo

SvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by many
Quote:
MitsuClipse, do you have any photos?
I'll check when I get to the shop on Monday.
I'm pretty sure that I do somewhere. It's hard to get photos when I keep tearing into the car to do other stuff

To everyone else...looks good.
Old 03/27/2011, 08:42 PM   #37 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS 6G75
White Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by all
holy shit i might have to try this stuff
Old 03/27/2011, 08:46 PM   #38 (permalink)
am cat

if you clear coat it, does it look more like CF? I mean wet CF, I know it looks like dry.
Old 03/27/2011, 09:15 PM   #39 (permalink)
Retrofitter

I was actually wondering what it might look like and how it might last if it had a clear coat on it.
Old 03/27/2011, 09:35 PM   #40 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS 6G75
White Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by all
do they make a clear layer of the same material to stick over it?
Old 03/27/2011, 10:19 PM   #41 (permalink)
Sam
Generally Bitter Admin

Are 3G'ers this behind, seriously? This stuff was all the rage in '09, now people are tinkering with the clear over it. The problem with a clear vinyl over it is that it obscures the weave pattern and makes it look like shit. With clear paint, you can't just build up layers of the clear as it starts to seep into the material, which destroys the weave. The only clear that works is spray canning very slight amounts onto the material just to give it a sheen.

This is about as close as you can get with the wet CF look.

Old 03/27/2011, 10:38 PM   #42 (permalink)
am cat

I've seen it mentioned here before for a while and other forums as well, I know its nothing new. Others though seem to not know.
Old 03/28/2011, 08:48 AM   #43 (permalink)
"S" Car...Gooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsuClipse View Post
I'll check when I get to the shop on Monday.
I'm pretty sure that I do somewhere. It's hard to get photos when I keep tearing into the car to do other stuff
Here's what I found...

Quote:
I've seen it mentioned here before for a while and other forums as well, I know its nothing new. Others though seem to not know.
We've had it for a few years now already, but the resurgence of its' popularity comes and goes every once in a while.
Old 03/28/2011, 11:50 AM   #44 (permalink)
N my Flippy Floppies

Vehicle: '01 GT PP / '13 X MR PP
Special_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Special_K
I was planning on wrapping my roof this spring and also a few misc interior pieces just to change my look up a bit.
Tuned by LogicGate, Sponsored by Tearstone
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/28/2011, 12:37 PM   #45 (permalink)
DipSyndicate.com

Vehicle: 2003 Spyder GTS
Nick N : who are you?Nick N : who are you?
Quote:
I did my hood with it to show customers what it's like. Most people like the look of it. It's just too bad that it doesn't come in wide enough roles to do larger hoods (like ours) in one piece. It's about an inch shy going diagonally.
So the picture you posted has it split in the center? How has it held up to the elements? Also did you use the self adhesive version or the version that requires a separate adhesive?

My black spyder is going to stay in the garage unless the weather is nice enough to have the top down. My hood has MAJOR oxidation going on so this seems like it would be an improvement (visually) but I wonder if it would be less expensive (for me) to get a VIS OEM CF hood?
Nick N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/28/2011, 12:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
Blue Waffle <-Google

Vehicle: Racecar
3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO
How hard was it to do the A/C vents?
3GSpyderGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/28/2011, 01:08 PM   #47 (permalink)
"S" Car...Gooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick N View Post
So the picture you posted has it split in the center? How has it held up to the elements? Also did you use the self adhesive version or the version that requires a separate adhesive?

My black spyder is going to stay in the garage unless the weather is nice enough to have the top down. My hood has MAJOR oxidation going on so this seems like it would be an improvement (visually) but I wonder if it would be less expensive (for me) to get a VIS OEM CF hood?
Yes. There is a split in the middle, front to back. The Di-Noc has its own adhesive on the back, however it is strongly recommended that you use a special adhesion promoter anywhere that you are going to have an edge. It comes in a small applicator not much different than one for crazy glue. I applied the film about eight months ago, drove it most of the winter, and it's holding up very well. It really comes down to the installation.
Old 03/28/2011, 01:43 PM   #48 (permalink)
Faster than a turtle

Quote:
Here's what I found...
That looks good. (I know you only did this only to show your costumers what it was like).
But if I was going to do wrap the whole hood, I would rather get a real CF hood.
looks very nice nonetheless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GSpyderGT View Post
How hard was it to do the A/C vents?
If you have an IQ higher than a 5th grader that took Arts and Crafts. Then its a piece of cake.
Old 03/28/2011, 02:06 PM   #49 (permalink)
Blue Waffle <-Google

3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO
Quote:
That looks good. (I know you only did this only to show your costumers what it was like).
But if I was going to do wrap the whole hood, I would rather get a real CF hood.
looks very nice nonetheless

If you have an IQ higher than a 5th grader that took Arts and Crafts. Then its a piece of cake.

lol.. i just thought with thr roundnesss n curve itd be hard to make it look clena like that.
Old 03/28/2011, 08:13 PM   #50 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

Quote:

I think it is cheaper here..
3M Black Carbon Fiber Di-NOC Vinyl - $5.99 sq/ft

Quote:
if you clear coat it, does it look more like CF? I mean wet CF, I know it looks like dry.
Like I posted in the other thread, I have yet to try this, but I will let you know as soon as I do, and I will have photos.

Yea, that hood looks bad ass, just too bad about the seam in the middle, wonder how it would be with the UV clear on it?
Old 03/28/2011, 09:52 PM   #51 (permalink)
JVP
JVP

Quote:
I think it is cheaper here..
3M Black Carbon Fiber Di-NOC Vinyl - $5.99 sq/ft

Like I posted in the other thread, I have yet to try this, but I will let you know as soon as I do, and I will have photos.

Yea, that hood looks bad ass, just too bad about the seam in the middle, wonder how it would be with the UV clear on it?
It doesn't look anything close to carbon fiber after its cleared. It looks worse. Found these threads. I'll put them to use now I guess

Real carbon fiber vs. “carbon fiber wrap”

Last edited by JVP; 03/28/2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03/29/2011, 04:17 PM   #52 (permalink)
"S" Car...Gooooooo

Quote:

Believe me, I really didn't want to put a seam at all, but the rolls come with a max width of 48". With the shape and dimensions of the hood on these 3G's there was just no way to lay it down in one piece; at least not without stretching the crap out of it, which would ruin the lay of the pattern something terrible, making it look wavy. It would always come up annoyingly short of the corners.

The choice was then to match the pattern with a seam in the middle (which could still be seen) so it looks like two pieces that weren't big enough, or do an approximately 90 degree offset to the the "weave" seamed in the middle which gave a "V" look to it, and also looks very intentional (which it was).
Old 03/29/2011, 06:51 PM   #53 (permalink)
Shut up.

Vehicle: 2007 Infiniti G35X
wright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends here
Send a message via MSN to wright06jhs
Id love to wrap a few of my interior pieces in this. May be on my to-do list eventually.

My Ride

G35Driver
wright06jhs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/30/2011, 08:06 PM   #54 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVP View Post
It doesn't look anything close to carbon fiber after its cleared. It looks worse. Found these threads. I'll put them to use now I guess

Real carbon fiber vs. “carbon fiber wrap”
Hmm, it looks like the Clear is sprayed way to heavy! Although he did say, it might turn out better with someone who wasn't in a hurry and could take their time.

The link did come in handy though, I might have found another person to interview on doing some CF interior work for my 3G.
Old 03/30/2011, 08:11 PM   #55 (permalink)
Protect this house

Vehicle: Yes
ccarrillo717 : who are you?ccarrillo717 : who are you?
My friend did his pillars and the top of his windshield, turned out really good on his spyder...

ccarrillo717 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/30/2011, 09:11 PM   #56 (permalink)
JVP
JVP

Quote:
Hmm, it looks like the Clear is sprayed way to heavy! Although he did say, it might turn out better with someone who wasn't in a hurry and could take their time.

The link did come in handy though, I might have found another person to interview on doing some CF interior work for my 3G.
It does look heavy, but I was more or less referring to how dark the vinyl got. I dunno it may look different with steady hands.
Old 04/04/2011, 12:58 PM   #57 (permalink)
Blue Waffle <-Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarrillo717 View Post
My friend did his pillars and the top of his windshield, turned out really good on his spyder...
any other pics of the CF on the Pillars n tod of the windshield?
Old 04/04/2011, 06:42 PM   #58 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse
EmeraldEclips : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to EmeraldEclips
Quote:
I will SOOOO be doing this for my toilet. It's about time 'John' got an upgrade. lmao
EmeraldEclips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/04/2011, 11:33 PM   #59 (permalink)
You're welcome

Vehicle: 03 Summit White GTS
KidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends hereKidKobe210 has a few friends here
Quote:
I really like how that turned out. I've been wanting to do that to mine, so it's nice to see it done. But i might cover the gear circle things. I'd have no letters, but no little tan circles either If that doesn't look good, I'll just do it this way.
KidKobe210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/13/2011, 03:47 PM   #60 (permalink)
N my Flippy Floppies

Vehicle: '01 GT PP / '13 X MR PP
Special_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club existsSpecial_K is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Special_K
Tuned by LogicGate, Sponsored by Tearstone
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Show and Shine

Tags
3m di noc, alloy, carbon fiber, fuel door, wrapped

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.