Blue ring around headlight beam? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Show and Shine
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02/04/2013, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Aek3755 : who are you?
Blue ring around headlight beam?

Hey everybody, I just bought a set of projector headlights off of eBay for my í03 eclipse. The kit included a set of 4300k HIDís so I thought I would install them. It was a simple plug and play so I assume that I wired them correctly, however, I am noticing a blue ring around the beam when projected against a wall or even on the side of the road when I am driving as well as a bit of yellow above the blue part of my cutoffs. Also, both of the bulbs appear to be constantly flickering. This is significantly reducing the light output of the bulbs and I was wondering if it was the bulbs, the ballasts, the way I wired them, or the housings that could be causing this problem. I originally had a couple stock bulbs in the low beam projectors and didn't notice any of these problems, which lead me to believe that it could be the HID's.

I took a few pictures that show the issues pretty clearly and I will attempt to post them. I am still new to the forum so hopefully I can figure that out. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

My car is about 7-8 feet away from the garage door in these pictures.

This picture shows the clear blue ring around the beam

This picture shows the yellow above the cutoff
Aek3755 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02/04/2013, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
Mr6G72 : who are you?
Re: Blue ring around headlight beam?

If lights keep flickering your Ballast can be bad...but the "ring" as u call it I get the same thing from my projection lights

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Mr6G72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/05/2013, 08:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
lit up

Vehicle: '02 mountain bike
soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.
crummy projector headlights..
soundman98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/05/2013, 08:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Aek3755 : who are you?
Hey that's helpful. What I am gathering is that it is likely the housings and not the bulbs then? I'm probably just going to change back to the halogen bulbs to check them out.
Aek3755 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/05/2013, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Crappy ballasts.
Crappy bulbs.
Likely poor headlight projector optics.
Crappy stock headlight wiring.

You've got a little work cut out for you if you want things to look nice. Dig through the threads here to see what you need to do.
2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Show and Shine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.