State Underglow Laws - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Show and Shine
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12/29/2005, 04:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Tits

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GT
B_Lish's3GGT : who are you?B_Lish's3GGT : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to B_Lish's3GGT
State Underglow Laws

I was just curious as to what the state laws for underglow are. i know they vary from state to state, but maybe someone who knows a link could post one up. there was a guy on here who did it for tint laws. very helpful
B_Lish's3GGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12/29/2005, 06:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mitsushitty GT

Vehicle: 05 Eclipse GT
untbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to untbballer21
I know in Texas, they cannot flash underneath the car, if they are red or blue.
untbballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/29/2005, 08:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007 Honda Civic LX
SilvEclipseGT : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to SilvEclipseGT Send a message via Yahoo to SilvEclipseGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by untbballer21
I know in Texas, they cannot flash underneath the car, if they are red or blue.
Actually in Texas, or at least here in Lubbock, ALL underglows are illegal. According to a cop that chased me on foot once upon a time lol
SilvEclipseGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/29/2005, 08:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Patriot Performance

Vehicle: 05 Hemi Ram, 02 T/A WS6
Stratus_R/T should be considered a regularStratus_R/T should be considered a regularStratus_R/T should be considered a regularStratus_R/T should be considered a regularStratus_R/T should be considered a regularStratus_R/T should be considered a regularStratus_R/T should be considered a regularStratus_R/T should be considered a regularStratus_R/T should be considered a regularStratus_R/T should be considered a regularStratus_R/T should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to Stratus_R/T Send a message via Yahoo to Stratus_R/T
I really doesn't matter what is wirttin in the law. Its pretty much the cops judgement when it comes down to it. Personaly I would think that any underglows should be ilegal in any state.
Powder Coating, Paint & Full Restorations
Performance Parts Installation
Welding, Custom Fabrication
sales@patriotperformanceauto.com
Stratus_R/T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/29/2005, 10:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Death!!

Vehicle: 2008 Cobalt SS T/c, black
90everydirect : who are you?90everydirect : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to 90everydirect
I know that in CT the law states that underglows are LEGAL ONLY if these are true:
Front Visability: White, Yellow/Orange
Side: Yellow/Orange, Red
rear: Yellow/ Orange, Red, (and IIRC) Blue/purple, etc.

I don't know about green, though I saw a civic with full underglows/green a few weeks ago.

They cannot flash or pulse because of similarities to emergency vehicles.
90everydirect is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/29/2005, 10:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: '00 RS
SlOwFaCeKiLla : who are you?SlOwFaCeKiLla : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to SlOwFaCeKiLla
i know that here in Pa the Ponine get pissed when we just sit with our cars parked at the circuit with underglow on but we always argue with them bc my boss is a cop and my friends dad is so we just always make a phone call... as far as i know to drive is pretty illegal but a couple of my friends with trucks forget about their glow thats blue and just drive with it and cops dont seem to mind... cops claim it s a distraction but i heard that you can get away with white glow not sure of actual laws in pa tho...

jhust like window tint its illegal but no one seems to care unless you cause alot of trouble then they just have something else to pin on ya for another freaking fine
SlOwFaCeKiLla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/29/2005, 10:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Formerly Nokio

Vehicle: Kia Sorento
Korey : who are you?Korey : who are you?Korey : who are you?Korey : who are you?Korey : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Korey
I got stopped for mine. They are White.
I live in Indiana.
Old 12/29/2005, 10:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mitsushitty GT

untbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends hereuntbballer21 has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvEclipseGT
Actually in Texas, or at least here in Lubbock, ALL underglows are illegal. According to a cop that chased me on foot once upon a time lol
Actually, I had the Liuetenant look it up in the Law Book and it read that to me clear as day.

p.s. I am a Criminal Justice Major and looked it up in the book as well.
Another thing, is that they cannot be able to see the bulbs at all, they have to be hidden.
Old 12/29/2005, 10:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lance Corporal

Vehicle: 04 Cummins 4x4
McLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regular
Jeffs right. In Texas you cant have anything flash or be Red or Blue and most defanintly can not see the bulbs. This isnt hard witha GT cause of the Side skirts but on a 4-banger its a little tough. If you do want an illegal color then get a multi-color kit and run legal colors on the street.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

Motivated Lance Corporal of Marines! OOHRAH!
McLarenross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/29/2005, 10:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mitsushitty GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenross
Jeffs right. In Texas you cant have anything flash or be Red or Blue and most defanintly can not see the bulbs. This isnt hard witha GT cause of the Side skirts but on a 4-banger its a little tough. If you do want an illegal color then get a multi-color kit and run legal colors on the street.
Old 12/30/2005, 12:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lance Corporal

McLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regularMcLarenross should be considered a regular

1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

Old 12/30/2005, 12:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
bollocks

Vehicle: 04 Z/00 3g
darklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to darklink Send a message via MSN to darklink Send a message via Yahoo to darklink
why do you need them on while you are driving anyways? are you that much of a r1c3r?

just use them as they are meant, for when the car is parked and you want to show off
darklink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/30/2005, 12:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lance Corporal

Agreed. I dont even remember the last tiem I turned my neons on actualy.

1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

Old 12/30/2005, 01:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
The Tits

i think they look sweet regardless. i have blue neons on the inside of my car as well as drive with them on. it's essentially the same thing for the exterior...who doesn't like the occasional stare?
Old 12/30/2005, 10:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
bollocks

darklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by alldarklink seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to darklink Send a message via MSN to darklink Send a message via Yahoo to darklink
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Lish's3GGT
i think they look sweet regardless. i have blue neons on the inside of my car as well as drive with them on. it's essentially the same thing for the exterior...who doesn't like the occasional stare?
who the fuck cares how it looks? i have neons in the foot wells, i would like some under as well. im still not about to risk getting pulled over for some stupid flip of a switch just so i can 'get looks' in my pimped out rice ride
Old 12/31/2005, 02:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
The Tits

you get so temperamental man. all i was asking for were state laws, i'm not forcing you to switch your neons on so your ride can looked "riced out". some people like it. plain and simple.
Old 12/31/2005, 08:31 AM   #17 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01' eclipse gt sds 3
perna00 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to perna00 Send a message via MSN to perna00
Ornamental lighting violation: $92.50 -Pa
perna00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/31/2005, 07:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Tits

why can't we just recieve a fix it ticket? If the police catch us again with them on, then they cite us?
Old 12/31/2005, 07:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

Fade2blk : who are you?
Go here: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vcpdf/12.pdf

Check out Article 10 lighting requirements. As far as I can tell from the text undercar lights are okay as long as its not red in the front. They can be any color except red. In no way shape or form does it say the undercar lights are illegal (unless specified color/s are used).

Ofcourse this is only for California; but I hope this helps.

And incase anybody questions the source, its straight from the California Website.
Fade2blk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/31/2005, 07:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
bollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Lish's3GGT
why can't we just recieve a fix it ticket? If the police catch us again with them on, then they cite us?
its illegal, thats why. and all of you who insist on leaving them on while driving deserve every violation you get.

its not like i am all for the law, i have over a dozen front plate tickets and i still refuse to attatch the thing. the point is, if you want to do stuff like this, then dont complain when you keep getting tickets for it.
Old 12/31/2005, 08:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
its a distraction to other drivers at night and should be illegal.
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/31/2005, 08:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

We're here to help each other out with whatever info we can. By law are the lights illegal? Depends on your state. As i've mentioned California doesn't clearly state that they are illegal, only lights on the front that are red.

People keep asking about whats legal after they got pulled over because they want to know whether or not they got pulled over for the right reason. The more informed we apear to be to cops when we get pulled over the less likely that they can pull over people for bogus infractions and think that they can get away with it. If indeed the cops were in the wrong.

I got pulled over for having a illegal color for my windshield nozzles. Now I know what colors I can drive around with. So next time if I get pulled over for the same thing I now know that the cop is wrong if they try to bust me for riding with white or yellow on.

Last edited by Fade2blk; 12/31/2005 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12/31/2005, 08:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
The Tits

understandable. however i don't have underbody lights so i couldn't complain. i was just curious.
Old 12/31/2005, 08:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Female Member

Vehicle: MazdaSpeed6
mitsusaint seems to be okaymitsusaint seems to be okaymitsusaint seems to be okaymitsusaint seems to be okaymitsusaint seems to be okaymitsusaint seems to be okaymitsusaint seems to be okay
Send a message via Yahoo to mitsusaint
if i park ill use different colors, if im driving i use anything but red, blue, and purple, with no flash. its considered "imitating a police car" and you get ticketed in wyoming. its not hard to hide the light bars on a 4cyl because of the side skirts, you cant see mine unless you actually get under the car.
mitsusaint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/01/2006, 01:43 AM   #25 (permalink)

True. I was just curious and was checking under my car to see where I would mount the tubes (when I did get a kit) and came to the conclusion that the sides would be the easiest, while the fronts would require some work....the rear would be a total bitch though!
Old 01/01/2006, 07:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
bollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade2blk
We're here to help each other out with whatever info we can. By law are the lights illegal? Depends on your state. As i've mentioned California doesn't clearly state that they are illegal, only lights on the front that are red.

People keep asking about whats legal after they got pulled over because they want to know whether or not they got pulled over for the right reason. The more informed we apear to be to cops when we get pulled over the less likely that they can pull over people for bogus infractions and think that they can get away with it. If indeed the cops were in the wrong.

I got pulled over for having a illegal color for my windshield nozzles. Now I know what colors I can drive around with. So next time if I get pulled over for the same thing I now know that the cop is wrong if they try to bust me for riding with white or yellow on.

dont drive with the shit on
Old 01/01/2006, 08:16 PM   #27 (permalink)

OR drive with the colors that arent illegal. Are underglow lights illegal? By law CERTAIN colors yes. Not all colors; but certain colors. Will you get hassled by cops? Its a possability; but if you know your stuff then all that will happen is you will get pulled over. Is the hassle worth it? That depends on the driver.

Fact is if you want to attract attention to your car then do it; its your car and your way of expression, just know that you will probably attract attention from the wrong people. Yes you COULD just not have the lights to begin with; but if you so want them, then atleast find out your vehichle lighting laws in your state and use aftermarket stuff at your own risk.

Last edited by Fade2blk; 01/01/2006 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01/01/2006, 08:27 PM   #28 (permalink)

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

This is only for California:

If you read down the list "Illegal decorative lights (24003 VC). All flashing decorative lights are illegal (25250 VC).
Illegal windshield washer nozzle lights. Only white or yellow are allowed. (25106 VC, 24003 VC)."

"All flashing" lights. As long as they dont flash or are red then your in the clear.
Old 01/01/2006, 08:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
PacificGlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade2blk
Go here: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vcpdf/12.pdf

Check out Article 10 lighting requirements. As far as I can tell from the text undercar lights are okay as long as its not red in the front. They can be any color except red. In no way shape or form does it say the undercar lights are illegal (unless specified color/s are used).

Ofcourse this is only for California; but I hope this helps.

And incase anybody questions the source, its straight from the California Website.
I've got all lighting laws marked in my Vehicle Code book for CA.
There is a lot more in the book that goes into much detail about lighting outside and inside the vehicle.
And in CA, no matter what color you have, if you they're on, you will get pulled over (eventually).

I'd recommend using them for what they are intended. Parking lots to have fun, fun with friends (parties?), car shows, or if you're just running at the track.

Anywhere on private property as long as there aren't any signs saying that the local police can enforce vehicle code laws on that property
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/01/2006, 09:06 PM   #30 (permalink)
bollocks

Pacific- i love you.
Old 01/01/2006, 10:14 PM   #31 (permalink)

And I totally agree!
Old 01/01/2006, 10:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
back to the 3G...

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse Spyder GT
mozart4898 : who are you?mozart4898 : who are you?mozart4898 : who are you?
In Ohio, although I don't have the link to the official site, the bulbs themselves cannot be visible and they must be directed at the ground, rather than straight out. They cannot flash. However, nothing is said about certain colors being illegal. I have blue, my wife has green. I have driven a LOT at night - on the highway, in the city, in suburban areas, etc. with my underglow on (as well as an Invidia and headers). I haven't gotten pulled over for it once. I think the key is to not be breaking 10 other laws at the same time - if you're speeding and then run a red light, have an open container, and aren't wearing your seatbelt, it's probably not a good idea to roll with your underglow on, cause you're just going to draw even more attention (whether or not they're actually illegal in your state).
mozart4898 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/09/2006, 07:13 PM   #33 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2005 WRX
01_Eclipse_GT : who are you?01_Eclipse_GT : who are you?
cops in connecticut dont give a shit about underbodys or those gay liscense plate neons and all that other stupid shit
01_Eclipse_GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/09/2006, 07:47 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_Eclipse_GT
cops in connecticut dont give a shit about underbodys or those gay liscense plate neons and all that other stupid shit
Lucky.
Old 01/09/2006, 10:37 PM   #35 (permalink)
Can it get any worse

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse GT
cficare68 : who are you?
I know in Kentucky and Tennessee you can drive with whatever color you wish and they can flash. Virginia I know you can have any on (stupid commonwealth state).
cficare68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/10/2006, 12:38 AM   #36 (permalink)
Sehnsucht

8 Ball Champion Champion!
Vehicle: 2013 370Z
Zrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be new
Send a message via AIM to Zrocks04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus_R/T
Personaly I would think that any underglows should be illegal in any state.

Hey what's up guys...quick question. I know its 2 quarts of oil for the rear diff when replacing fluid but thats conventional oil. Since I'm putting synthetic, it may require more. I couldnt find any info on this so I would like to know what the amount of quarts with synthetic would be for the rear diff. Thanks in advance.
Zrocks04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/08/2006, 04:03 PM   #37 (permalink)

jj fad : who are you?
anyone here knows if underglow is legal in Virginia???
Old 05/08/2006, 04:45 PM   #38 (permalink)
back to the 3G...

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse Spyder GT
mozart4898 : who are you?mozart4898 : who are you?mozart4898 : who are you?

Quote:
anyone here knows if underglow is legal in Virginia???
Quote:
Virginia I know you can have any on (stupid commonwealth state).
If you're going to revive a thread from the dead after 4 months, at least read the thread. That was two posts above yours.
mozart4898 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/08/2006, 05:32 PM   #39 (permalink)
ARRRRR!

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
sl4ck3r : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to sl4ck3r
what i did was just call the local police station and ask. The officer told me that they are illegal if they're pulsing and you can see them from the side. In addition he said red and blue cannot be visible from the front side of the car. He did state however that underglow will draw a lot of attention to your car from cops because they are used to show you want to street race in a lot of places.
-ACT Heavy Duty Clutch
-18 in Konigs And Nitto 555 tires
-KYB AGX Struts And Eibach Pro Springs
sl4ck3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/05/2006, 12:42 PM   #40 (permalink)
Halfway off da hinge

Vehicle: 02 Eclipse GT
Stokes : who are you?Stokes : who are you?Stokes : who are you?Stokes : who are you?Stokes : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Stokes
in NC, I got pulled and the cop told me that it was somewhere in the General Statue but he couldn't show it to me, he didn't even give me a ticket for them..but they're my Breeze, I don't have any plans of putting undercars on my 3g, the cops already look at me they wanna chase me cause the car looks fast..
Old 09/05/2006, 12:59 PM   #41 (permalink)
n00b hater

Vehicle: 2003 GTS/2008 Lancer GTS
Black Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be new
Send a message via AIM to Black Menace
I believe WI is that you can only display while car is immobile. Can't drive with them on like most have stated. Mainly because it serves as a distraction to other drivers/accidents.
Black Menace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/05/2006, 02:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
The GLR 4x4

Vehicle: 08 Cobalt SS Turbo
3gEclipseRS seems to be okay3gEclipseRS seems to be okay3gEclipseRS seems to be okay3gEclipseRS seems to be okay3gEclipseRS seems to be okay3gEclipseRS seems to be okay3gEclipseRS seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to 3gEclipseRS
In Ohio they just cant flash....u can have any color as long as it doesnt do any kind of flashing.
3gEclipseRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/06/2010, 01:36 AM   #43 (permalink)

turbosonoma needs to be reminded to breathe.
Ok. i made a profile on here just to say this. 1. ive got 3 million color leds on my truck. in tn you cant have red or blue. i printed out the law, keep it in my truck and when i get pulled over i show the cop and im on my way. 2. if you get distracted from some lights on a car, you shouldnt be driving in the first place. Everyone got it. Good
turbosonoma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/06/2010, 09:25 AM   #44 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Vehicle: 01 Gt
Black_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosonoma View Post
Ok. i made a profile on here just to say this. 1. ive got 3 million color leds on my truck. in tn you cant have red or blue. i printed out the law, keep it in my truck and when i get pulled over i show the cop and im on my way. 2. if you get distracted from some lights on a car, you shouldnt be driving in the first place. Everyone got it. Good
You made an account just to say that? You're an idiot.

Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhaust gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveodotcom1 View Post
Money can buy you a race car, but money can't buy you the skill to race it.
Black_out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/06/2010, 05:29 PM   #45 (permalink)
Giggity

Vehicle: 01 EclipseGS 02 Lancer ES
RicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wideRicoSmooth is recognized club-wide
Supposedly in NC. all lights are acceptable, as long as they are not facing outwards or pulsing. they have to be face inside the vehicle, or towards the ground, but it is up to police discretion if he wants to pull you over.
RicoSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/06/2010, 06:16 PM   #46 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Vehicle: 2001 spyder gs
scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoSmooth View Post
Supposedly in NC. all lights are acceptable, as long as they are not facing outwards or pulsing. they have to be face inside the vehicle, or towards the ground, but it is up to police discretion if he wants to pull you over.
don't listen to "supossedlies". seriously look it up.

interestingly... i was just looking up NC inspection laws, regarding lights... and it says that your rear facing parking lights MUST be red. according to that, all 2003-2005 eclipses do meet the inspection requirement. and it says that backup lamps are not necessary in NC, at all. but it you have any, you cannot have more then 2.

anyway, your best bet is to make a call to you local DMV/highway patrol. that is the only way to be sure.

you got questions? we got answers: http://tearstone.com/shop/Factory-Service-Manuals/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00JStew3G View Post
If you want it done right, follow scarr's advice 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
scarr's right
scarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/06/2010, 07:13 PM   #47 (permalink)
passport applied for

Vehicle: 03 spyder gts
tomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by manytomsoutdoor is well-liked by many
illinois says no and will pull you over,just ask my oldest son.
Old 10/07/2010, 01:22 AM   #48 (permalink)
My Snail's Bigger =P

Vehicle: 03 GS-T/98 Expedition(EB)
03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_out View Post
You made an account just to say that? You're an idiot.

My Quicksilver 3G:http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-...silver-3g.html
Sponsored by: Mishimoto
03Quicksilver3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/07/2010, 06:37 AM   #49 (permalink)
CreepnIn The Shadows

Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Aqua Slug Champion!
Vehicle: 03 GT, 95 TSI
3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to 3gEclipse86
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgcfireassasi View Post
does anyone know anyway I can put a turbo on my 01 spyder gt. i don't want it for power i want it for the car shows. so anything would help. maybe i would like to get on it from time to time..
3gEclipse86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/07/2010, 01:44 PM   #50 (permalink)
GET CATS GET CASH

Vehicle: 2011 mk6 Jetta
treehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by alltreehead seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
nice 4 year bump moron
treehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/07/2010, 01:47 PM   #51 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club existsjaloosk is one of the reasons this club exists
They should be outlawed everywhere.
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/25/2011, 08:04 AM   #52 (permalink)

dropshotpro1 sucksdropshotpro1 sucks
i have white underglow on my car and i had it on a slow pulse goin through town and a cop stopped me and i said "is my underglow not aloud to be on?" and he said "well you have it blinking goin down the road which is a destraction for traffic" i said "so do i have to trun them off?" and he said "only if you have no way to turn the pulse off o therwise yes it must be turned off." so yes its all on the cops judgment and if its blinking/pulsing then you are bound to be pulled over.
dropshotpro1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/25/2011, 08:06 AM   #53 (permalink)

dropshotpro1 sucksdropshotpro1 sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Quicksilver3G View Post
dropshotpro1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/25/2011, 04:23 PM   #54 (permalink)
2011's are gay

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GTS 6G75
White Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by allWhite Knight seems to be well-liked by all
nice bump. nobody cares
Old 05/27/2011, 11:58 PM   #55 (permalink)

mugzy : who are you?
Exclamation Loop whole in underglow law

Okay. Important Update [/size]
I got pulled over for the first time with under glow. The officer told me he WAS going to write me a ticket. On the way to his car, he stopped came back and asked if I could turn the lights off. I responded asking him if he could double check the statute on auxiliary lamps for the State of Wisconsin. It helped that I had the print out the statute where he could look up the number and not spend time on it. Because I asked him (will extreme politeness because face it, i'm 20 and I have under glow.. not the best combination) he came back and said *quote* "I'm actually sorry for the inconvience but you are absolutely correct. Having[/size]
] White in front, amber on the side and red in the back is absolutely within your citizen rights."[/size] What I have is Wisconsin law statues. I also am posting below Illinois and Indiana. If you need help let me know and I'll try to find your states laws. =] enjoy driving legal. [/size] @wereworfI think this does not apply for you however.. lol[/size]

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/Statutes/Stat0347.pdf Wisconsin Law: #347.05 (2)

625ILCS5/Illinois Vehicle Code. Illinois Law: Chapter 12, Article 2; Sec. 12‑207 (a) (b) & (c)

Indiana Code 9-19-6 Indiana Law: IC 9-19-6-8

Three states all saying

White or Amber in front

Amber on sides

Red in Rear[/url]

-Jordan

(*^^not fogs -->Ultra Flexible Tri-Chip (BRIGHT) LED Strips - 12V LEDs - Plug and Play)

Last edited by mugzy; 05/28/2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: test too big
mugzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/20/2011, 08:40 PM   #56 (permalink)

carmaniac is similar to TE
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklink View Post
why do you need them on while you are driving anyways? are you that much of a r1c3r?

just use them as they are meant, for when the car is parked and you want to show off
actually, the reason they started being used on cars is so people driving cars/trucks/motorcycles at night had less of a chance of being hit because they stuck out more. i personally think that there is nothing wrong with underglow unless it flashes or sticks out. and all you people trying to find out if its legal or not. just go to your local police station and talk to the police officers in your town and see what they have to say. i know the town im from in ohio does not care about underglow. obviously if it flashes red/blue then it would be illegal but if you had common sense you would know that. every town has its own rules about underglow. its not a state law. its a local one. talk to the police in your town and see what they tell you. cuz if they say its not, and you get pulled over, tell the officer pulling you over you talked to the police and they said it was legal. then they can contact them and your off the hook if that police officer is in a good mood and you arent rude to them.
carmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/20/2011, 08:48 PM   #57 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Vehicle: 2003 GS Manual
Drewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by all
And you joined this site to bump this thread? Really?
Drewski0523 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/20/2011, 09:48 PM   #58 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
malandrin2011 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugzy View Post
Okay. Important Update [/size]
I got pulled over for the first time with under glow. The officer told me he WAS going to write me a ticket. On the way to his car, he stopped came back and asked if I could turn the lights off. I responded asking him if he could double check the statute on auxiliary lamps for the State of Wisconsin. It helped that I had the print out the statute where he could look up the number and not spend time on it. Because I asked him (will extreme politeness because face it, i'm 20 and I have under glow.. not the best combination) he came back and said *quote* "I'm actually sorry for the inconvience but you are absolutely correct. Having[/size]
] White in front, amber on the side and red in the back is absolutely within your citizen rights."[/size] What I have is Wisconsin law statues. I also am posting below Illinois and Indiana. If you need help let me know and I'll try to find your states laws. =] enjoy driving legal. [/size] @wereworfI think this does not apply for you however.. lol[/size]

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/Statutes/Stat0347.pdf Wisconsin Law: #347.05 (2)

625ILCS5/Illinois Vehicle Code. Illinois Law: Chapter 12, Article 2; Sec. 12‑207 (a) (b) & (c)

Indiana Code 9-19-6 Indiana Law: IC 9-19-6-8

Three states all saying

White or Amber in front

Amber on sides

Red in Rear[/url]

-Jordan

(*^^not fogs -->Ultra Flexible Tri-Chip (BRIGHT) LED Strips - 12V LEDs - Plug and Play)

so what you are saying that in illinois you can have that combination of lights and your legally right?
malandrin2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/20/2011, 09:54 PM   #59 (permalink)

Vehicle: '03 Eclipse GTS
timster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends heretimster2833 has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski0523 View Post
And you joined this site to bump this thread? Really?
timster2833 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/20/2011, 10:03 PM   #60 (permalink)
I hate stance

Vehicle: V-ROD, R6, GST
XwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by allXwP1ayawX seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to XwP1ayawX
Most bikes I ride with (including my own) ride with glow for safety. Bikes are very small, anything to make you stand out helps. Underglow, exhaust, reflective gear... it all makes the ride safer
XwP1ayawX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Show and Shine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.