Lug Nut torque and tire rotation - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07/01/2008, 06:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

666GT : who are you?
Lug Nut torque and tire rotation

I just wanted to verify that the torque spec for the lug nuts are 100 ft-lb?

Also, if I am reading the manual correctly, tire rotation is simply swapping front and back WITHOUT a criss-cross?

Thanks!

Got a set of Fuzion ultra high performance tires for sale:
http://www.club3g.com/forum/automotive-sale-wanted/92161-sale-4-like-new-ultra-hp-fuzion-zri-tires-215-50-r-17-wv.html
666GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07/01/2008, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ph.D > me

Vehicle: '04 TSX ; '07 G35x
Phil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666GT View Post
I just wanted to verify that the torque spec for the lug nuts are 100 ft-lb?

Also, if I am reading the manual correctly, tire rotation is simply swapping front and back WITHOUT a criss-cross?

Thanks!
100 ft. lbs. is a bit too much, stick to 80 ft. lbs.. Yep, swap front and back with no criss-crossing.
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/02/2008, 12:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Spring King

Vehicle: '11 135i, '98 Ranger 4x4
tracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by many
Our specs are 73 +/- 7 ft-lbs, according to the service manual. It's probably in the owner's manual too.

I typically do 2 steps at 60 and then 80, in a star pattern.
tracer bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/02/2008, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

666GT : who are you?
Thanks Phil and TB. I unfortunately already torqued them to 100, but at least they aren't as tight as when I tried to take them off--thanks to the dam inspection mechanic who must have used an impact wrench to put them back on. They were on so tight, my impact wrench couldn't break them free.

Got a set of Fuzion ultra high performance tires for sale:
http://www.club3g.com/forum/automotive-sale-wanted/92161-sale-4-like-new-ultra-hp-fuzion-zri-tires-215-50-r-17-wv.html
666GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/24/2008, 06:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Vehicle: 4 door shitbox
Strider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regularStrider should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to Strider
We torque the wheels at 75 all the way around, for both street and track use (DSM's, EVO's, 3G's, etc).

If they're at 100, take them off and put them back on at 75.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/24/2008, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Spring King

Vehicle: '11 135i, '98 Ranger 4x4
tracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by many
Not a bad idea, keep them from being overtorqued and possibly more likely to break if you hit a big bump in the road.

Also I always leave the torque wrench out on the workbench after I put my wheels on. It reminds me a day or two later to check the torques again, because I will find that a few nuts take another 1/8 of a turn or so to get back to the torque spec. I don't know if the metal is relaxing, or if maybe i got a little debris behind the wheel the last time i mounted it, or what but a couple of them always are under the spec when checked again a few days later.
tracer bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/24/2008, 07:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Red Beast

Vehicle: 03 GTS
gt_02 seems to be okaygt_02 seems to be okaygt_02 seems to be okaygt_02 seems to be okaygt_02 seems to be okaygt_02 seems to be okay
That's how it always is. I re torque them after a few miles.
gt_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/31/2008, 12:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.ThaCrow is clearly one sexy bitch.
Should drop the fronts straight back to the rear and criss cross the rears to the front if you DO NOT had directional tires/rims. Straight front to back and back to front if you do.
ThaCrow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.