Rear lower control arm/toe adjusting bar bushing question - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07/23/2010, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

rms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends here
Rear lower control arm/toe adjusting bar bushing question

I know this may seem like a noobish question and I've searched, but can't find a answer. I need a bushing for my right rear lower control arm where it connects to the crossmember. Does the energy suspension and/or polyurethane bushing kits come with a bushing that would fit? Also, my car is a 03 GTS.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Advertisement

Old 07/24/2010, 02:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Daes : who are you?Daes : who are you?Daes : who are you?Daes : who are you?Daes : who are you?
There are no after market bushings available for the rear toe arms.
Daes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/24/2010, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

rms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends hererms6799 has a few friends here
It doesn't need to be aftermarket, I just need a bushing because the old one is worn out. I don't really want to buy a whole new control arm just for a bushing.
Old 08/24/2010, 07:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Design Engineer

Vehicle: 00' Eclipse GT
ShowStoppinGT : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to ShowStoppinGT Send a message via Yahoo to ShowStoppinGT
I didn't want to start a new thread but I too need a pair of bushings for the rear toe control arms. Anyone know where I can buy a pair?

I tried napa, autozone, and advance auto and this is the only thing that comes up in autozone search:

Rear control arm bushing

But I dont know if any of these will fit in the TOE control arm because I think those once are supposed to be shaped like a sphere or a ball.
Edit: Also, does the ball joint have to be removed to replace the bushing?

Last edited by ShowStoppinGT; 08/24/2010 at 07:52 PM.
ShowStoppinGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/24/2010, 09:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
CreepnIn The Shadows

Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Aqua Slug Champion!
Vehicle: 03 GT, 95 TSI
3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to 3gEclipse86
I've got an energy suspension kit at work. I'll take a look tomorrow to see what exactly it came with. There's a bunch of bushings for the front and rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgcfireassasi View Post
does anyone know anyway I can put a turbo on my 01 spyder gt. i don't want it for power i want it for the car shows. so anything would help. maybe i would like to get on it from time to time..
3gEclipse86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/24/2010, 09:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm almost sure the kit doesn't have the bushing you need. I ended up just buying the whole control arm from the dealer. It'd be nice to know for future reference though.
Old 08/26/2010, 10:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Design Engineer

Send a message via AIM to ShowStoppinGT Send a message via Yahoo to ShowStoppinGT
Well it looks like you're right, you can't just buy the bushings. Unless you bought the whole set and got lucky with finding one that fits. How much did you end up paying for it at the dealer? Did you take it to a shop... if you did how much did they charge you for labor?

My local dealer is asking $74 per control arm. And I found this website who's selling them for $57:

JNZ Tuning Rear Control Arm $57.02

Is anyone familiar with this website or the quality of their parts? Their customer service seems very friendly, quick to respond, and give plenty of information on anything that you ask...
Old 08/26/2010, 10:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

I got it for about $75 at the dealer. No junk yard in town had one in good condition. I actually installed it myself when I was doing my struts, it was a piece of cake compared to the rear struts. It's like literally one bolt and one nut you have to remove.
Old 08/26/2010, 10:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Design Engineer

I really want to do it myself too but what scared me is when I went to the junkyard to remove the same control arm from a 00 eclipse gt so that I can remove the bushing, but the nut was so seized onto the bolt that when I turned it, it broke the bolt! I'm afraid the same thing will happen to me and I dont have a cutting tool to cut the bolt if it breaks.

Thats one thing, another is that I don't have a ball joint separator, nor any tools to put it back in. I might only damage the new ball joint by hitting it with a hammer trying to push it in... then I'll spend another $80 to have it towed to a shop cause I got stuck half way
Old 08/26/2010, 10:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
CreepnIn The Shadows

Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Aqua Slug Champion!
Vehicle: 03 GT, 95 TSI
3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to 3gEclipse86
Check out this part number from energy suspenion 5.3128R That is the rear control arm kit. It might have what you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgcfireassasi View Post
does anyone know anyway I can put a turbo on my 01 spyder gt. i don't want it for power i want it for the car shows. so anything would help. maybe i would like to get on it from time to time..
3gEclipse86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/26/2010, 10:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowStoppinGT View Post
I really want to do it myself too but what scared me is when I went to the junkyard to remove the same control arm from a 00 eclipse gt so that I can remove the bushing, but the nut was so seized onto the bolt that when I turned it, it broke the bolt! I'm afraid the same thing will happen to me and I dont have a cutting tool to cut the bolt if it breaks.

Thats one thing, another is that I don't have a ball joint separator, nor any tools to put it back in. I might only damage the new ball joint by hitting it with a hammer trying to push it in... then I'll spend another $80 to have it towed to a shop cause I got stuck half way
Well I would just swap arms if the other bushing is good. Ball joint just slides right out when you loosen the nut on the top. It's all in the service manual.

I would just suggest taking it to a shop if you don't think you can do it then. I would just suggest soaking it down the night before with PB blaster if you do decided to do it.
Old 08/27/2010, 04:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Daes : who are you?Daes : who are you?Daes : who are you?Daes : who are you?Daes : who are you?
There are no after market bushings for those arms. The bolt on the subframe can be a pain and may need to be cut out. Order new bolts for them. They are a special bolt.

On the ball joint side, just tap it with a hammer and it will come out. As for the new one, you shouldn't run into any issues getting the nut to tighten down. It fits in the hole rather tight and keeps it from spinning while tightening.

You will need a rear alignment after you get done because your rear toe will be off.
Old 08/27/2010, 11:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Design Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daes View Post
The bolt on the subframe can be a pain and may need to be cut out. Order new bolts for them. They are a special bolt.
Thanks. That's what I figured. I guess I'll just spray the crap out of the bolt with either pb or wd40 and drive like that for a couple of days, then spray it again the night before, hopefully that will loosen it up so that it doesn't break while I'm turning the nut.

I'll still order new bolt/washer/nut, I just don't want it to break halfway through because I dont own any cutting tools.
Old 08/28/2010, 08:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Spring King

Vehicle: '11 135i, '98 Ranger 4x4
tracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by many
Quote:
pb or wd40
Go w/ PB. Different products for different purposes. PB is the choice here.
tracer bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/30/2010, 05:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 GS
linlan : who are you?
If i remember correct, you can get the Megan rear trailing arm.
Mitsu Eclipse 1995-2005 Megan Racing Rear Trailing - WeSellCarParts.com
It is adjustable.
linlan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/31/2010, 09:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Design Engineer

We've been talking about the toe control arm, not the trailing arm.

Besides, I ordered a pair from TNZ tuning @ $57 a piece, includin the bolts.
Old 10/11/2010, 11:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Just the tip

Vehicle: 02 stratus R/t
Spawnamus : who are you?
Quote:
We've been talking about the toe control arm, not the trailing arm.

Besides, I ordered a pair from TNZ tuning @ $57 a piece, includin the bolts.
How was the quality of the lower arms. They did include the ball joints built in correct? Thanks
Spawnamus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/16/2010, 02:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawnamus View Post
How was the quality of the lower arms. They did include the ball joints built in correct? Thanks
He ordered OEM parts. Yes, they do come with the ball joint already in them.
Old 02/02/2011, 09:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 GT
notAnotC : who are you?notAnotC : who are you?
Oldish post, but does anyone know if this will fit a 2000 GT? It looks the exact same.

95-04 ECLIPSE Left Rear Toe Control Arm Genuine OEM - eBay (item 150550296606 end time Feb-16-11 09:19:11 PST)

And what a price...
notAnotC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/02/2011, 10:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Vehicle: 2001 spyder gs
scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by notAnotC View Post
Oldish post, but does anyone know if this will fit a 2000 GT? It looks the exact same.

95-04 ECLIPSE Left Rear Toe Control Arm Genuine OEM - eBay (item 150550296606 end time Feb-16-11 09:19:11 PST)

And what a price...
well, the 2g shares rear suspension with the 3g.. and i don't think there is a difference between the arms in a 3g, between 6cyl and i4.

you got questions? we got answers: http://tearstone.com/shop/Factory-Service-Manuals/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00JStew3G View Post
If you want it done right, follow scarr's advice 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob View Post
scarr's right
scarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/03/2011, 12:20 AM   #21 (permalink)
Just the tip

I ordered mine from tnz tuning and they were oem pieces, for almost have the price. Worked great.
Old 02/03/2011, 12:29 AM   #22 (permalink)

The part number for the one in the ebay listing is MR124293.

2G Eclipse used MR124293.

3G Eclipse 2.4L used MR124293 & MR162571. I don't know what the difference is between those are. They are both driver side.

3G Eclipse 3.0L used MR325255. Driver side.
Old 02/03/2011, 02:15 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
I ordered mine from tnz tuning and they were oem pieces, for almost have the price. Worked great.
For half of $15 plus 11ish for shipping? Link?
Old 02/03/2011, 05:30 AM   #24 (permalink)
Just the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by notAnotC View Post
For half of $15 plus 11ish for shipping? Link?
I have a 3.0 , dealer wanted 75 apeice paid I think 47ish. I saw that eBay link, that's a good price, but it is also for. 2.4 not a 3 liter. I had searched eBay and found none when I was buying mine. There are a $hit ton of parts for the 2nd gen eclipse( and cheaper), than the 3rd gen. At that there's even less for the stratus. Every part I have is made for the eclipse.
Old 02/03/2011, 05:49 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I have a 3.0 , dealer wanted 75 apeice paid I think 47ish. I saw that eBay link, that's a good price, but it is also for. 2.4 not a 3 liter. I had searched eBay and found none when I was buying mine. There are a $hit ton of parts for the 2nd gen eclipse( and cheaper), than the 3rd gen. At that there's even less for the stratus. Every part I have is made for the eclipse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr View Post
well, the 2g shares rear suspension with the 3g.. and i don't think there is a difference between the arms in a 3g, between 6cyl and i4.
Old 02/03/2011, 10:23 AM   #26 (permalink)
Just the tip

^^^then I paid too much. Fock
Old 02/03/2011, 11:45 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daes View Post
The part number for the one in the ebay listing is MR124293.

2G Eclipse used MR124293.

3G Eclipse 2.4L used MR124293 & MR162571. I don't know what the difference is between those are. They are both driver side.

3G Eclipse 3.0L used MR325255. Driver side.
Is there any difference for between the one GS and RS using?
JNZ website showed that GS and RS are using different arm as their price are different.
Old 02/03/2011, 01:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linlan View Post
Is there any difference for between the one GS and RS using?
JNZ website showed that GS and RS are using different arm as their price are different.
RS MR124293
GS MR162571
GT & GST MR325255

I don't know why RS and GS would use different arms and why GT and GST would use different arms than RS and GS. Maybe there's a difference in the cross members?
Old 02/03/2011, 04:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
hates "smart" people

Vehicle: 2006 TSX
primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.primula is God.
Maybe different toe configuration due to weight?
Old 02/03/2011, 05:39 PM   #30 (permalink)

Maybe theres not a difference at all?

I would LOVE to have this cleared up by someone with an rs, gs, and gt/gts easily accessible.
Old 02/03/2011, 06:25 PM   #31 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT-T
Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
There is no difference between any of the 3g rear ends besides the fact that the RS doesn't come with a sway bar. It is however, easily added. Sway bars, bushings, etc are all interchangeable across the trim levels, while I have no actually looked under an RS or GS in awhile, my memory says they looked no different.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/03/2011, 09:12 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
There is no difference between any of the 3g rear ends besides the fact that the RS doesn't come with a sway bar. It is however, easily added. Sway bars, bushings, etc are all interchangeable across the trim levels, while I have no actually looked under an RS or GS in awhile, my memory says they looked no different.
Ok, that takes care of half the issue.

Any chance you know if the 2g and 3g rear suspension is interchangeable across the different trim models? (Minus the GS-T I believe..)
Old 02/04/2011, 02:38 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
I would think there might be some minor difference. Otherwise Mitsubishi wont put three different part numbers.
My 0.1 cent though.
Old 02/21/2011, 09:03 AM   #34 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Eclipse Spyder GT
watamadman : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by linlan View Post
I would think there might be some minor difference. Otherwise Mitsubishi wont put three different part numbers.
My 0.1 cent though.

Any confirmation if they are 100% interchangeable?
watamadman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/21/2011, 12:37 PM   #35 (permalink)

Now offering $1.00 to he who shall provide a confirmed answer..

Im honestly almost serious. This is killin me.
Old 02/24/2011, 09:24 AM   #36 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 GTS 3.6L 6g74
GSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okay
FWIW I have a complete 2g rear bushing kit on my 03 GTS. I am sorry but I replaced them all a couple of years ago and it is fuzzy but I have both prothane and energy. One of the kits does not come with bushings for one of the rear arms but I liked something about that kit better so I mixed and matched. I think one of the kits was graphite injected (black if you are dealing with energy) and the other was not.

I am a mechanic with access to a lift, endless shop tools, press cup combinations etc. It was still a PITA. I would not recommend this if you care about noises, vibrations and ride quallity but otherwise it is awesome. It allowed me to soften up my shocks a little but it planted the rear where as it would oversteer before in a momentum slide very easilly. I also have noticed better tire wear. My tires used to be more choppy and wear very uneven but now wear flat across the whole tire even though I run extremely aggressive alignments and drive the car really hard.
GSXROFDFW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/10/2011, 02:31 PM   #37 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Eclipse Spyder GT
watamadman : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by watamadman View Post
Any confirmation if they are 100% interchangeable?
watamadman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/15/2011, 07:14 PM   #38 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
Beriant : who are you?Beriant : who are you?Beriant : who are you?Beriant : who are you?Beriant : who are you?
I know a lot of people are still trying to figure this out(including me) so I want to contribute what knowledge I have of the subject.

If you have a GT/GTS eclipse there is no bushing currently offered

The arm from the 2g eclipse is different than that of a GT/GTS 3g. I am not sure what the exact differences are but I am certain the diameter of the bushing is considerably smaller.

According to winCAPS and oemmitsubishi, the 2g FWD model shares the same arm as the 4 cylinder 8g galants and 3g eclipses. That being said, The only way to have a bushing and be able to use it on your GT/GTS would be to swap the arm with the one from a 2g eclipse or a 4 cylinder 3g eclipse.

Now I Know most of this information is already known but I wanted to sum it all up and hopefully get a solid answer/solution to this problem. I will be heading to the junkyard this weekend to pull the arms off a 2g eclipse. Then I will be able to post up pictures of the 2 and what not, If everything checks out I will be ordering new OEM arms for the 4 cylinder 3g.

Is there anyone that has a 4 cylinder 3G that can take a picture of the arm?

Last edited by Beriant; 03/15/2011 at 07:19 PM.
Beriant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/15/2011, 08:07 PM   #39 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse Spyder Gt
MitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by manyMitsubishiOwn is well-liked by many
Buy a new one for like $72 from dealer.. Thats what I did
MitsubishiOwn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/19/2011, 02:27 PM   #40 (permalink)

GSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okayGSXROFDFW seems to be okay
Read my post 4 above this one. If you buy a rear bushing kit for a non awd 2g it will work on any 3g. The same is true for 2g rear shock mounts fitting on a 3g. I know this information because I bought a 2g kit and installed it on my 03 GTS myself. Like I said in the post above I bought both 2g and 3g kits. The 2g kit came with way more bushings.

I vaugely remember the round lower control arm that goes from the subframe out to the bottom of the trailing arm being different between the two kits. Not in diameter but in length of the bushing. The 2g bushing would press in the arm but when you went to bolt the arm in the car it was much narrower than where it bolts into the subframe. I installed it at first and did not figure out it was wrong until I tried to bolt it back in the car. It was a couple of years ago so I could be completely wrong about this but do know that you can MOST DEFINITLY replace ALL the rears if you just buy both kits. It seems like the least hassle also because both kits are fairly cheap.

Go here and scroll to the very bottom of the page and cross reference the #'s with energy suspensions part#s. I found this page VERY helpfull when I was researching this.
Road Race Engineering's Eclipse Suspension Upgrades

Bottom line though there are off the shelf poly bushings for nearly every bushing on the whole car between the 3g and 2g kits.

Last edited by GSXROFDFW; 03/19/2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03/22/2011, 07:20 PM   #41 (permalink)

Beriant : who are you?Beriant : who are you?Beriant : who are you?Beriant : who are you?Beriant : who are you?
Not to be a dick but you are wrong. There is no bushing made for the GT/GTS Toe arm.

The 2G kit does come with A LOT more bushings than the 3G kit and you will still need it in order to have your whole rear suspension bushings replaced with poly bushings.

There are 3 differences in the 2G and 4 cylinder arms and the GT/GTS arms.

1. The hole for the bushing is considerably smaller in diamater
2. The hole for the bushing on one side has a raised lip that is part of the arm it self
3. The 4 cylinder/2G arm weights a lot less than the GT arm, there is metal welded underneath the arm to add weight to it.

I took one for the team and bought both the GT/GTS and GS/RS arms brand new from the dealership.

And for those of you who are wondering the 2G rear control arm kit does have the correct bushing for 3G GS/RS toe arm.
Here are the pics.

Last edited by Beriant; 03/22/2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03/22/2011, 07:22 PM   #42 (permalink)

So now that we have that figured out. The question is will using the lighter toe arm affect my suspension geometry?
Old 03/23/2011, 01:10 PM   #43 (permalink)

Forgive me...I was looking at the wrong arm. I was thinking of the straight tubular control arm straight out from the crossmember. It even says toe adjustment arm in the title so my fault sorry.
Old 04/07/2011, 10:03 AM   #44 (permalink)
3G World Traveler

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse 2.4L
RogueTune03 : who are you?RogueTune03 : who are you?RogueTune03 : who are you?
Quote:
I have an RS. The rear cross member/subframe is different on the RS from all other models that came with the sway bar setup. The rear suspension is totally different from RS to all others. To get the sway bar I have to buy the cross member and lower suspension needed to connect with the end links. Mine has no end link options on the arms.

Last edited by RogueTune03; 04/12/2011 at 11:22 AM.
RogueTune03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/12/2011, 02:29 AM   #45 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 eclipse gt
chriskolb23 : who are you?
Energy Suspension Control Arm Eclipse 00-04 | eBay

so i came across these just wondering if they have been verified to fit the gt/gts yet?
chriskolb23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/12/2011, 11:19 AM   #46 (permalink)
3G World Traveler

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse 2.4L
RogueTune03 : who are you?RogueTune03 : who are you?RogueTune03 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskolb23 View Post
Energy Suspension Control Arm Eclipse 00-04 | eBay

so i came across these just wondering if they have been verified to fit the gt/gts yet?
Hey man, I took the Manufacturer part # and googled it and yes it looks as though these are made for all models of Eclipse 2000-2005.

Energy Suspension Control Arm Bushings [Part#: 5.3128R]

http://catalog.rpmware.com/catalog/item/101814
Old 04/12/2011, 01:26 PM   #47 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 eclipse gt
chriskolb23 : who are you?
PROTHANE 00-05 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE REAR CONTROL ARM BUSH - eBay (item 360327110399 end time May-08-11 18:26:16 PDT)

there are these too from prothane it looks like there are more bushings in this set
chriskolb23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/21/2011, 04:31 PM   #48 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 RS / GS mix
maxxxie : who are you?maxxxie : who are you?maxxxie : who are you?maxxxie : who are you?
I want to buy prothane bushings, and I want to upgrade/replace my whole rear suspension.

so I thought about the GT control arms.

my eclipse is a RS, but planning to swap a 6g74 someday.

is it comfirmed that there are bushings for the control arm?
maxxxie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/21/2011, 05:37 PM   #49 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Silvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be newSilvertune - if you don't know me, you must be new
The only real difference between the 2g and 3g rear suspensions is the lower control arm that attaches straight out of the crossmember. There are people on DSMTuners putting our rear suspension in there cars as they are interchangeable. The one thing is the sway bar must match the lower control arm, 2g to 2g and 3g to 3g as the end link locations are different. That said, I don't know if a 2g bushing kit will have the right lower control arm bushing. I also don't know why you guys are complaining about interchangeability when we have a bushing kit available (THANKS TO ME FOR BUMPING PRODUCTION LAST FALL) for our rear ends, and it is good for ALL TRIM MODELS. To put a sway bar on an RS you simply have to drill holes for the sway bar and put in GT control arms.
Old 06/21/2011, 05:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

As for Beriant's toe arm thing he posted earlier. I would still keep the GT arms. Why? That lip is far more important then you think. The bushing itself is smaller in diameter while the interior pin remains the same, so there is less room to flex, it is more rigid. Furthermore that lip means the bushing itself is longer, and even more rigid as it won't flex side to side or in and out because the force it more spread out. And no, that metal on the 2g arm wasn't welded in for weight, light suspension parts are a GOOD THING, it was welded in for rigidity. Instead of dealing with that flimsy POS they made a single stamped piece out of heavier gauge steel for the 3g, even more reason to keep the GT arm. Though I'd be highly surprised if anyone in creation pushed either arm to their limits, except for a drunk moron who ran a curb at 55 last week. Mitsubishi was not into downgrading when they made the 3g, all the tweaks they made gave it a superior suspension setup then the 2g, it just happened to come with soft ass springs/struts and bushings.

Cliff notes? Use the GT arms, they are BETTER.
Old 06/22/2011, 05:31 AM   #51 (permalink)

maxxxie : who are you?maxxxie : who are you?maxxxie : who are you?maxxxie : who are you?
Quote:
As for Beriant's toe arm thing he posted earlier. I would still keep the GT arms. Why? That lip is far more important then you think. The bushing itself is smaller in diameter while the interior pin remains the same, so there is less room to flex, it is more rigid. Furthermore that lip means the bushing itself is longer, and even more rigid as it won't flex side to side or in and out because the force it more spread out. And no, that metal on the 2g arm wasn't welded in for weight, light suspension parts are a GOOD THING, it was welded in for rigidity. Instead of dealing with that flimsy POS they made a single stamped piece out of heavier gauge steel for the 3g, even more reason to keep the GT arm. Though I'd be highly surprised if anyone in creation pushed either arm to their limits, except for a drunk moron who ran a curb at 55 last week. Mitsubishi was not into downgrading when they made the 3g, all the tweaks they made gave it a superior suspension setup then the 2g, it just happened to come with soft ass springs/struts and bushings.

Cliff notes? Use the GT arms, they are BETTER.
yes that is excactly what I'm planning to do.
but I also want the right prothane bushings.

look my point is simple.
I am from holland, and all this stuff isn't available here.
so I need to import everything from the USA.
when I am replacing the stuff I want to have all the parts I need at home, cause otherwise I have to wait about a month to get the bushings and I can go further with my replacements.

so for me it is all not as easy as you think.

that's why I want to know for sure which bushings I need with the GT control arms.
Old 06/22/2011, 08:33 AM   #52 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Why does it take a month to get bushings? I've shipped stuff overseas in a few days.
Old 06/22/2011, 11:00 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Why does it take a month to get bushings? I've shipped stuff overseas in a few days.
cause of the f*cking customs here in holland.

so that is why I want to import everything I need at once.
than I can do the job on my car without leaving it for a month cause I have to wait at parts.

I'm planning on the following
- Wheel hubs Timken
- GT lower control arms
- Prothane bushing kit (to replace as much bushings as possible)
- ST sway bar
- D2 coilovers
- Moog endlinks
- DC rear strutbar

is there anything else you would recomment?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.