Wheel and Tire Sizing and Fitment Guide - Page 5 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension
Club3G Decals

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07/26/2012, 04:33 PM   #241 (permalink)

Vehicle: GS
sk8terg8ter suckssk8terg8ter sucks
Thats what I was thinking to. Going wider cause it will still stretch a little.. Keeping in mind i have my fender wells grinded down to do this! I figured a 235/35 would probably fit the best since im going up to a 19 inch it will even out like 40%
sk8terg8ter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07/26/2012, 04:44 PM   #242 (permalink)

Vehicle: 00" Eclipse GT
eclipseO : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8terg8ter View Post
Thats what I was thinking to. Going wider cause it will still stretch a little.. Keeping in mind i have my fender wells grinded down to do this! I figured a 235/35 would probably fit the best since im going up to a 19 inch it will even out like 40%
That is a good point. I agree 235/35 seems like the way to go.

On your 18x8.5 +30's with the 225/40. Did you have any fitment issues?
eclipseO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/27/2012, 04:16 PM   #243 (permalink)

Besides the infamous metal box behind the headlights being cut down, not a whole lot and i still have a little more of an inch till i would hit the shocks or rear pillar.
Old 08/24/2012, 02:37 PM   #244 (permalink)

duker733 : who are you?
I found a set of Motegi DP 10 20 inch wheels with 235/30 size tires. The offset for these rims is +45.

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS all stock.

Will these fit without rubbing anything?
Old 08/24/2012, 02:52 PM   #245 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 WRX
Got Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by duker733 View Post
I found a set of Motegi DP 10 20 inch wheels with 235/30 size tires. The offset for these rims is +45.

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS all stock.

Will these fit without rubbing anything?
Depends on how wide the wheel is.

My Old 2001 Eclipse
Got Rice Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/24/2012, 03:06 PM   #246 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Rice Boy View Post
Depends on how wide the wheel is.
I believe they are 7.5 inches wide
Old 08/31/2012, 01:13 AM   #247 (permalink)
Ph.D > me

Vehicle: '04 TSX ; '07 G35x
Phil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by duker733 View Post
I believe they are 7.5 inches wide
The 7.5" wide +45 offset combo will be fine but the problem here is tire size. 235/30-20 tires require at least an 8.5" wide wheel to be properly seated and most load ratings on 225/30-20 tires is well below the required level of 90, which will make you far more prone to damaging your tire's sidewalls as well as more likely to face wheel damage. 20" wheels just aren't a good idea for this car.
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/31/2012, 04:12 PM   #248 (permalink)

I actually went with some Lexani 18's.

Last edited by duker733; 08/31/2012 at 04:15 PM.
duker733 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/31/2012, 04:14 PM   #249 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 WRX
Got Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by allGot Rice Boy seems to be well-liked by all
God those are hideous.

My Old 2001 Eclipse
Got Rice Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/01/2012, 12:30 AM   #250 (permalink)

19x 9.5 + 30 with 235/35ZR19 tirez. More pics in members rides.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel and Tire Sizing and Fitment Guide-uploadfromtaptalk1346477360684.jpg  
Old 09/02/2012, 08:20 PM   #251 (permalink)

c1mak31tra1n needs to be reminded to breathe.
Ok so I'm kinda still trying to figure out this offset thing. I'm looking at right now a set of 4 rims on ebay for my 02 eclipse GT. The front are 17" 8"-wide and 35mm offset while the bback are 18" 8.5"-wide with 35mm offset.

Are these going to work if I buy them and put 225/40's on them? On top of this how much will it lower the front of my car compared to the back?
c1mak31tra1n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/02/2012, 08:38 PM   #252 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, 07 Jeep GC
Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Drunkoffjuic
Don get missmatched wheel sizes. (17 & 18)
Old 09/03/2012, 08:01 PM   #253 (permalink)

c1mak31tra1n needs to be reminded to breathe.
Ok thank you, and the only other thing I'm wondering about is whether or not it's alright to put 16" rims on my GT. I know the stock rims are 17's but I wasn't sure if the car necessarily needs that size or if 16's with 205 55r16 off of a 95 eclipse will work.
c1mak31tra1n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/05/2012, 05:56 PM   #254 (permalink)
Ph.D > me

Phil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regularPhil should be considered a regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1mak31tra1n View Post
Ok thank you, and the only other thing I'm wondering about is whether or not it's alright to put 16" rims on my GT. I know the stock rims are 17's but I wasn't sure if the car necessarily needs that size or if 16's with 205 55r16 off of a 95 eclipse will work.
16" wheels are fine for the V6 Eclipse but if you're referring to the O.E. 16" wheels from a '95 Eclipse with the dimensions of 16x6 +46, the wheels won't fit on the back of the 3rd gen without small spacers.
Old 09/13/2012, 05:27 PM   #255 (permalink)

Vehicle: Turbo LQ9 98 Camaro
Hyde needs to be reminded to breathe.
Was hoping to fit these on my 2000 Eclipse gt. Price is right and have a buddy who would powder coat them for a great price.

The problem? They are 18x9 and the seller doesnt know the offset. Just knows they fit his 3000GT very nicely.

Thoughts? I know I need the offset and wish the seller knew. And with my Eclipse not really running its not going to make the 1 hour trip each way to get these. So a test fit is out of the question....

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you. Hope this helps!
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/13/2012, 05:31 PM   #256 (permalink)
Electrify

Vehicle: 2001 Black Eclipse GT
grfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by all
Get the make and model of the wheels from the owner then look it up on the web for the specs.
Old 09/13/2012, 05:36 PM   #257 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grfft3r View Post
Get the make and model of the wheels from the owner then look it up on the web for the specs.
Good advice but the wheels were discontinued years ago...

They are 18x9 ADR kasai's

some questionable sites have them at 18x9 with an offset of 38
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you. Hope this helps!
Old 09/14/2012, 10:08 PM   #258 (permalink)
Ph.D > me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Was hoping to fit these on my 2000 Eclipse gt. Price is right and have a buddy who would powder coat them for a great price.

The problem? They are 18x9 and the seller doesnt know the offset. Just knows they fit his 3000GT very nicely.
With that +38 offset and the narrowest tire possible, you're already looking at 1.13" of less inner suspension clearance, which is WAY beyond the recommended limit of .905". There's no way those wheels would fit on this car's rear axles without at least 5.715mm spacers.
Old 09/15/2012, 08:19 AM   #259 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
With that +38 offset and the narrowest tire possible, you're already looking at 1.13" of less inner suspension clearance, which is WAY beyond the recommended limit of .905". There's no way those wheels would fit on this car's rear axles without at least 5.715mm spacers.
So Im guessing with a spacer that the rear wheel/tire would poke out a decent amount?

Also what do you consider the narrowest tire? 235? Was hoping for 245's all the way around.

Thanks!
Old 09/15/2012, 09:58 AM   #260 (permalink)
USN

Vehicle: 2004 Eclipse RS
3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular3G Runner should be considered a regular
I might stick out some, but not a lot. And 235 is the narrowest you should go. 225 on a 8.5 in stretching it.
3G Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/15/2012, 05:15 PM   #261 (permalink)
Z1
C'mon in waters fine

Z1 is clearly one sexy bitch.Z1 is clearly one sexy bitch.Z1 is clearly one sexy bitch.Z1 is clearly one sexy bitch.Z1 is clearly one sexy bitch.Z1 is clearly one sexy bitch.Z1 is clearly one sexy bitch.Z1 is clearly one sexy bitch.Z1 is clearly one sexy bitch.Z1 is clearly one sexy bitch.Z1 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Off-set (ET) should be stamped on back of wheels.
Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/15/2012, 05:40 PM   #262 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 eclipse RS
bad mojo seems to be okaybad mojo seems to be okaybad mojo seems to be okaybad mojo seems to be okaybad mojo seems to be okaybad mojo seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3G Runner View Post
I might stick out some, but not a lot. And 235 is the narrowest you should go. 225 on a 8.5 in stretching it.
225 on 8.5 is fine. it's a very mild stretch.
Old 09/15/2012, 05:49 PM   #263 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 eclipse RS
bad mojo seems to be okaybad mojo seems to be okaybad mojo seems to be okaybad mojo seems to be okaybad mojo seems to be okaybad mojo seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
So Im guessing with a spacer that the rear wheel/tire would poke out a decent amount?
no.

Quote:
Also what do you consider the narrowest tire? 235? Was hoping for 245's all the way around.

Thanks!
you'll be fine with 245.
Old 09/17/2012, 02:47 PM   #264 (permalink)

McBratt : who are you?
Newbie looking for advice :)

Howdy, hey -

I have an '01 Eclipse Spyder GT - I bought a set of rims with 215/55/R17 tires to put on it... They are Nissan wheels, so the center bore is a millimeter smaller - I bought 7/16" wheel spacers, but am looking for an extended-thread lug nut with a conical seat and a 1/2" long shank to give me the most thread engagement.... Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes this configuration and/or does anyone see a problem with this setup? (I have 1/4" of 'land' on the wheel, and the offset is 45mm)

Thanks for your help!
McBratt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/17/2012, 10:19 PM   #265 (permalink)
Spring King

Vehicle: '11 135i, '98 Ranger 4x4
tracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by many
Maybe Summit Racing, they've got an interesting array of stuff, and might have it.

Seems that you've done your homework. I wouldn't fart with it myself, but it appears it'll go. I'd avoid any high speed cornering maneuvers though, just in case.
tracer bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/21/2012, 07:09 PM   #266 (permalink)

McBratt : who are you?
I went to summitracing.com and found 'almost' what I needed, but the 'shank' wasn't quite the right length - I called their tech support 'experts' and was told that they don't MAKE conical seat lug nuts with an extended shank -"It's either one or the other - It either has a conical seat or a shank with a flat seat and washer" .... With 'experts' like that, I think I'll take my chances elsewhere
McBratt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/22/2012, 11:24 PM   #267 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 eclipse gt
chrisl567 : who are you?
hi, im new to fitting wheels, im pretty sure the wheels i just picked up will fit. Although, i just wanted to double check. I also wanted to double check what tires to run. The wheels are a 18x8 with 44et. I was looking into 225/40/18 for tire size. Any help is greatly appreciated.
chrisl567 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/26/2012, 06:39 PM   #268 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
y2kpagt : who are you?
I have a 200GT and I'm looking for tires & rims [2 are damaged]. I did the search thing and couldn't find what I was looking for. Just read the FAQ and found this:

What are the specifications for the stock rims and tires?
(08/25/2001)

For the GT/GTS:
The stock tires on the GT are 215/50R17 Goodyear RSAs.
The stock rims are 17x6.5 with an offset of +46mm and a bolt pattern of 5x114.3.
For the GS:
The GS uses 16" wheels with a bolt pattern of 5x114.3.
Other information not currently available.

Without knowing the stock GS rim offset, my question is, can I use the stock GS rims on my GT?
Old 09/26/2012, 11:54 PM   #269 (permalink)
Ph.D > me

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kpagt View Post
I have a 200GT and I'm looking for tires & rims [2 are damaged]. I did the search thing and couldn't find what I was looking for. Just read the FAQ and found this:

What are the specifications for the stock rims and tires?
(08/25/2001)

For the GT/GTS:
The stock tires on the GT are 215/50R17 Goodyear RSAs.
The stock rims are 17x6.5 with an offset of +46mm and a bolt pattern of 5x114.3.
For the GS:
The GS uses 16" wheels with a bolt pattern of 5x114.3.
Other information not currently available.

Without knowing the stock GS rim offset, my question is, can I use the stock GS rims on my GT?
Yes, the stock GS *wheels will fit on the GT/GTS. I believe they're 16x6" +42
Old 09/27/2012, 02:10 PM   #270 (permalink)

Vehicle: 3G GTS
Hayai : who are you?
Hello all,

I'm currently running 235/40/18s on 18x8.5 +48mm offest XXRs. I am using 15mm spacers in the back, though it was recommended that I only need 8mm. With the spacers on, it looks like I can go up to 245/40 without any problems (front or back) from initial visual inspection.

I am looking at 18x8.75 +35mm offset wheels right now as winter rims. I'd like to keep my 235/40/18s but with winter compound/tread. Any possible fitment issues? Should I worry about the 'black box' or will I be okay?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09/28/2012, 01:35 AM   #271 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayai View Post
Hello all,

I'm currently running 235/40/18s on 18x8.5 +48mm offest XXRs. I am using 15mm spacers in the back, though it was recommended that I only need 8mm. With the spacers on, it looks like I can go up to 245/40 without any problems (front or back) from initial visual inspection.

I am looking at 18x8.75 +35mm offset wheels right now as winter rims. I'd like to keep my 235/40/18s but with winter compound/tread. Any possible fitment issues? Should I worry about the 'black box' or will I be okay?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
You need to read, simply read back thru this thread. If you are loweres you will rub on the box, either smash it in or cut it out. You"ll be fine with the the 235. Might need to roll fenders and I recommend you do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 09/28/2012, 09:03 AM   #272 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8terg8ter View Post
You need to read, simply read back thru this thread. If you are loweres you will rub on the box, either smash it in or cut it out. You"ll be fine with the the 235. Might need to roll fenders and I recommend you do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Thank you for the advice. Indeed I should've read back through the thread but I'm at work and couldn't at the time. Anyway, I'm not lowered (yet) but if 18x8.75 +35mm offset doesn't raise any red flags for anyone, I'll go ahead and buy them. Thanks again!
Old 10/28/2012, 05:27 PM   #273 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
rreber : who are you?
I have TSW mondello's on my car, 235/35/19 beleive offset is 40. would i rub or run into any issues with eibach pro springs and KYB AGX shocks. dont wana buy the shocks/springs if its gunna create more of a hassle as im on a budget ATM. any help would be appreciated
rreber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/16/2012, 09:23 AM   #274 (permalink)

Vehicle: Varis Evo X
Treyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okay
Hey,

I was about to purchase wheels and I just wanted to confirm the fitment first.

The wheels are the Motegi MR125, but the thing is I was looking at the 18x8 with 35mm offset that are listed for the Evo. The ones listed for our cars are the 45mm offset. My car is currently on BC Coilovers, and I just wanted to confirm that the 18x8 35mm offset will fit without rubbing?

Also, the recommended tire size by tire rack was 235/40/18, but I currently have 18x8s, and I'm using 225/40/18. Would 235/40/18 work without rubbing? I thought that they were only supposed to be mounted on 8.5's or larger.

Here's the link to the wheels:
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...ed&showRear=no
Treyzian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/16/2012, 09:25 AM   #275 (permalink)

Mattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFO
Depends on how low you are. If you go with the 235s you'll have a better chance of not rubbing on the black box as much.
Mattt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/16/2012, 11:24 AM   #276 (permalink)

Treyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okay
I have a little less than a two finger gap up front. I cut the black box though so that's not an issue. But I was wondering if it would hit the top of the fender. The fronts have negative camber, so I was wondering if a low offset wheel with a wide tire would hit the fender.
Old 11/16/2012, 11:51 AM   #277 (permalink)

Mattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFOMattt Really needs to MTFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyzian View Post
I have a little less than a two finger gap up front. I cut the black box though so that's not an issue. But I was wondering if it would hit the top of the fender. The fronts have negative camber, so I was wondering if a low offset wheel with a wide tire would hit the fender.
How much negative camber do you have? My 8" +38et wheel with 0 camber rubs the botton of the fender when I hit bumps hard on the highway.
Old 11/16/2012, 01:22 PM   #278 (permalink)

1.06 or 1.16? I have the specifics written down at home.
Old 11/17/2012, 06:19 PM   #279 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyzian View Post
Hey,

I was about to purchase wheels and I just wanted to confirm the fitment first.

The wheels are the Motegi MR125, but the thing is I was looking at the 18x8 with 35mm offset that are listed for the Evo. The ones listed for our cars are the 45mm offset. My car is currently on BC Coilovers, and I just wanted to confirm that the 18x8 35mm offset will fit without rubbing?

Also, the recommended tire size by tire rack was 235/40/18, but I currently have 18x8s, and I'm using 225/40/18. Would 235/40/18 work without rubbing? I thought that they were only supposed to be mounted on 8.5's or larger.

Here's the link to the wheels:
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...ed&showRear=no
Can't speak about the drop but 235/40/18 has worked on 18x7.5 and 18x8.5 for me. The 8.5 looks stretched but in a good way. I have +48 offset on the 8.5s and need spacers because the wheel itself won't go on, let alone with the rubber (15mm spacers btw).
Old 12/29/2012, 02:49 PM   #280 (permalink)
All In

Vehicle: 04 Eclipse GT
Cards : who are you?
Hey all, just wondering if these will fit a 04 GT:

Fronts are 17x8.5 +38
BFGoodrich GForce 205/50/17 on them

Rears are 17x9.5 +38
Dunlop SP Sport 225/50/17 on them
Cards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/29/2012, 02:56 PM   #281 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards View Post
Hey all, just wondering if these will fit a 04 GT:

Fronts are 17x8.5 +38
BFGoodrich GForce 205/50/17 on them

Rears are 17x9.5 +38
Dunlop SP Sport 225/50/17 on them
Fronts will be fine. The rears may be close. How low are you?
Old 12/29/2012, 07:21 PM   #282 (permalink)
All In

Vehicle: 04 Eclipse GT
Cards : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattt View Post
Fronts will be fine. The rears may be close. How low are you?
Stock height, haven't lowered at all.
Cards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/29/2012, 07:33 PM   #283 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards View Post
Stock height, haven't lowered at all.
Then you'll be fine.
Old 01/15/2013, 01:09 AM   #284 (permalink)
Poor Highschool Kid

Vehicle: 2006 MazdaSpeed6
37Eclipse : who are you?37Eclipse : who are you?
Just trying to confirm.. But I'm looking at a set of xxr 522 that are 17x8 with a plus 35 offset, and I was planning on running some 215/50/r17 Yokohama YK580s. Any problems with this setup?
37Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/04/2013, 06:11 PM   #285 (permalink)
Nothing Special

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
SVAZ03 : who are you?
Just wondering if anyone has yet a run a set up with an 18x8 +35 to +38 offset with a 215/35/18 on them? Any clearance issues. Thus far all of the provided calculators have shown it to be fine, but I know the 3g can be particular when you drop it an inch or 2 above the ground.
SVAZ03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/04/2013, 07:22 PM   #286 (permalink)

Ghidorah : who are you?
18x8 and Stock 17x6.5 Wheels and Tire Questions

I have read dozens of posts in this area, but the views are conflicting, so I have a few questions.

I am looking at some 18x8 +35 Falken Wheels. I have noted that many of you wrap 225/40/18 tires on 18s. If the 235/40/18 are closer to the OEM wheel diameter, and they fit in the well, why not run those?

This assumes they fit without rubbing issues, but from what I have read here, an 18x8 +35 with a 235/40/18 will fit without modification. Is that the case? The wheels have 245/40/18 on them, and that may be a problem even with a +35 offset.

I am running stock on an 01 Eclipse GT, and I would like a wheel and tire combo that does not look too skinny and has a little more sidewall to keep the wheels from dents.

Otherwise, I do have a set of OEM Stratus 17x6.5 (I think) wheels that look nice. They are the chrome/grey set. They have a little edge rash, but they look pretty nice compared to the OEM 01 Eclipse wheels. If I stick with them, is the 215/50/17 tire the route to take? I see many 225/45/17 tires being wrapped in here even though they are much smaller than the OEM spec.

Any advice would be welcome.
Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/04/2013, 11:21 PM   #287 (permalink)
King of Rice!!

Vehicle: 2013 Focus ST
Lil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghidorah View Post
I have read dozens of posts in this area, but the views are conflicting, so I have a few questions.

I am looking at some 18x8 +35 Falken Wheels. I have noted that many of you wrap 225/40/18 tires on 18s. If the 235/40/18 are closer to the OEM wheel diameter, and they fit in the well, why not run those?

This assumes they fit without rubbing issues, but from what I have read here, an 18x8 +35 with a 235/40/18 will fit without modification. Is that the case? The wheels have 245/40/18 on them, and that may be a problem even with a +35 offset.

I am running stock on an 01 Eclipse GT, and I would like a wheel and tire combo that does not look too skinny and has a little more sidewall to keep the wheels from dents.

Otherwise, I do have a set of OEM Stratus 17x6.5 (I think) wheels that look nice. They are the chrome/grey set. They have a little edge rash, but they look pretty nice compared to the OEM 01 Eclipse wheels. If I stick with them, is the 215/50/17 tire the route to take? I see many 225/45/17 tires being wrapped in here even though they are much smaller than the OEM spec.

Any advice would be welcome.

I'm running 235 35 19's on 19x8's, I barely rub on full lock turns but I have already smashed my black boxes flat. the rears have maybe a finger gap (if that) between the tire and upper control arm. You should be able to fit those wheels with 235's without too much work aside from smashing the boxes, but the 245's would most likely require spacers at least in the rear.
Lil Mitsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/06/2013, 11:22 AM   #288 (permalink)
"S" Car...Gooooooo

Vehicle: 03 GT-T
SvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by many
I concur. I ran 235/40R18 on my 18x8 +35 wheels all of last summer. With the "black box" taken out of the picture it was fine up front and in the rear although VERY close to the flange, a small roll or a slightly more negative camber will take care of that easily. Bear in mind that the issue was only prevalent when very low and heavy compression of the struts, at least in my case anyway.
SvenHoek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/06/2013, 11:26 AM   #289 (permalink)
King of Rice!!

Lil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by manyLil Mitsu is well-liked by many
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenHoek View Post
I concur. I ran 235/40R18 on my 18x8 +35 wheels all of last summer. With the "black box" taken out of the picture it was fine up front and in the rear although VERY close to the flange, a small roll or a slightly more negative camber will take care of that easily. Bear in mind that the issue was only prevalent when very low and heavy compression of the struts, at least in my case anyway.
With my coils almost maxed out int the rear (I have half an inch left) I cannot fit my finger between the fender and rear tires even with them tucking in.
Old 03/06/2013, 11:41 AM   #290 (permalink)

Ghidorah : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Mitsu View Post
With my coils almost maxed out int the rear (I have half an inch left) I cannot fit my finger between the fender and rear tires even with them tucking in.
Thank you for posting up a reply.

I am not sure if I want to roll the fender. I may just stick with the Stratus OEM five spoke chrome 17" wheels.
Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/06/2013, 11:49 AM   #291 (permalink)
King of Rice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghidorah View Post
Thank you for posting up a reply.

I am not sure if I want to roll the fender. I may just stick with the Stratus OEM five spoke chrome 17" wheels.

My car is lowered a fair bit, on a more conservative setup you wouldn't have to worry much about it.

EDIT: I should also note my fenders are not rolled at this time.
Old 03/10/2013, 06:54 PM   #292 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T
that1miller : who are you?
Rims/Tires/Lowering

Hey yall,
Im looking to get some new rims and tires and i wanna confirm the fitment to avoid any potential rubbing issues.
Rim size - Size: 18x7.5
Offset: 38mm
Backspacing: 5.74"
I would be running 225/40-18 size tires on this.
Currently i am at stock height but I am looking to get a set of D2 coilovers and drop it a maximum of 2". Just wanna check how much I can safely drop it without rubbing issues.
Thanks

Last edited by that1miller; 03/12/2013 at 09:55 PM.
that1miller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/26/2013, 07:40 PM   #293 (permalink)
Tony

Vehicle: 04 eclipse spyder GT
TONYJ : who are you?
So I picked up some wheels for a good price I just really hope they fit...
They are 18x8 with +35 offset
I will be running 225/40/18 with the kyb agx/ tein combo.
Would I have any rubbing issues?
Thanks in advanced
Old 03/26/2013, 07:42 PM   #294 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, 07 Jeep GC
Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Drunkoffjuic
TonyJ you should be fine
Old 04/03/2013, 07:55 AM   #295 (permalink)
Filipino n3wb

Vehicle: 02 RS
JPflip509 : who are you?JPflip509 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to JPflip509
Im looking at 17x8 +48mm offset, 56.1 hub on 235/45/17 94H tires...

The offset and hub doesnt even matter at all does it?

http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-...-show-you.html
JPflip509 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/03/2013, 06:33 PM   #296 (permalink)
Spring King

tracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by manytracer bullet is well-liked by many
They both matter a lot. Too much or little offset and you'll rub and wrong hub diameter you'll either not be able to mount the wheels at all or have them slopping around vibrating without a spacer. Both are important.

(PS that hub diameter is too small. Read the very first post in this thread.)
Old 04/04/2013, 07:13 AM   #297 (permalink)
Filipino n3wb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
They both matter a lot. Too much or little offset and you'll rub and wrong hub diameter you'll either not be able to mount the wheels at all or have them slopping around vibrating without a spacer. Both are important.

(PS that hub diameter is too small. Read the very first post in this thread.)
Oh ya you're right. I should def trust TireRack and what they give me. From reading that first sticky post, a 17x8 wheel w/ Offset: 35mm, Backspacing: 5.91" should be fine then

Old 04/04/2013, 09:48 PM   #298 (permalink)
Spring King

You do have options though.

* 5 x 114.3 is mandatory for the bolt pattern, or you won't be able to even try to get it onto the car to begin with.
* Centerbore has to be 67.1 or larger. You can buy adapter rings to knock a bigger one down, but too small and your'e screwed. Adapter rings are pretty commonly used, a lot of wheel manufacturers intentionally make the bore big so it can be adapted to fit lots of cars.
* 46mm is the factory offset, but you can go a little more or less and be OK. Heading outwards is better (smaller number = less offset) is safer though but only to a point. Try to stick with something int he 36-46 neighborhood give or take a couple and you'll be OK.
* 17", 18", even 19" can work but pay attention to tire size. Your outer tire diameter where the rubber hits the road is the most important. You can have a taller wheel but must buy a shorter tire.
Old 04/05/2013, 06:03 AM   #299 (permalink)
Filipino n3wb

@tracer bullet - thank you! must buy wheels now lol

Old 04/08/2013, 08:40 AM   #300 (permalink)
Tony

Vehicle: 04 eclipse spyder GT
TONYJ : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TONYJ View Post
So I picked up some wheels for a good price I just really hope they fit...
They are 18x8 with +35 offset
I will be running 225/40/18 with the kyb agx/ tein combo.
Would I have any rubbing issues?
Thanks in advanced
Possibly looking at 235/40/18 on that size wheel on an un lowered 3g no rubbing issues for that set up?
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.