Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

eclipse crash and rebuild

12K views 87 replies 31 participants last post by  franxalot 
#1 ·
well i was racing an Si and lost control skidded 300 ft and hit a stump in the ground after i went off the road. and i won until i hit the tree btw here are pics

See less See more
#44 ·
I think 90% of the time street racing isn't "planned." Mostly just a spur of the moment kinda thing. So, I think the question should be more like, "Are you planning on making that stupid decision again?"

I have "raced" several times, mostly when I first got my car (last year, 18 at the time). I am definitely getting out of that phase, because it is immature and can have deadly consequences (RIP Tanner). Plus, I am more into the show of the 3g, because I find it to be one of the sexiest cars ;)

I hope you phase out of this immaturity real soon before anything bad happens.

#42 ·
WTF?!?! Obviously this shows that you don't give a shit about your car, its assholes like you that give us such a shitty impression with the cops. I see that there is snow in the backround.....who the fuck races in the winter?!?! Yeah you're lucky that all you got was repairs and citations, and not meeting your maker early or explaining why the other guy could've died as well.......stop living your life in a Fast and Furious movie and treat your car better.

#50 ·
Videos like that don't work on spineless, inconsiderate, douche bags like this guy. He's going to continue doing this stupid shit until he kills someone and then he will have about 10-15 years in prison for manslaughter to think about it. Worst of all, he will have to live with that for the rest of his miserable life. When he gets older and starts to understand life better and make the right decisions, maybe have kids of his own, that's when that mistake will start eating at him and probably cause him to put a gun to his head ( I hope).

That's pretty morbid. Idk how you can make that assumption when you don't even know me I don't get into my car a d turn the ignition and think man I wanna commit vehicular manslaughter i'd never want to hurt anyone you take me for an inconsiderate asshole when I made a mistake if it came down to it and it was either you or me that had to go I'd step up like I said earlier no one deserves to die and one of the messed up parts was when I crashed the other guy kept driving after I crashed regrdless if I knew the guy I'd still stop and see if he was okay

#47 ·
Dang primula can I get a word in if I don't answer within 5 min of your post? It wasn't planned and I dont think I'm gonna street race again it sucks not having a running car I've worked my ass of putting that thing back together and it still needs work And I do care about my car I love it my girlfriend gets mad because I pay more attention to it than her I love the way it looks sounds and drives and everyone else in my town likes it to I was torn to see the aftermath I had to wake up to that everymorning and I was laid off of my job so I've had to pay with everything with my unemployment money and any random job I could do to make a quick buck to put towards my car. I've had a friend close die aswell he was only 20 when he passed. It sucks hearing people say you deserve to die when we all make mistakes but nobody deserves to die.

#48 · (Edited)
Videos like that don't work on spineless, inconsiderate, douche bags like this guy. He's going to continue doing this stupid shit until he kills someone or himself. You know if you would have hit the tree or whatever you hit with your side of the car, you could have been dead. It doesn't take much force to snap a persons neck. I was present at a school parking lot wreck where two cars collided going 25MPH. The airbag deployed on one of the cars and killed an 18 year old. They were not racing but moral of the story is that it doesn't take much to kill your dumb ass. You never know when your day is and street racing will only make it more certain.

#51 ·
Club3g = Tough Love

Honestly, most people here don't want to see you die. But some might want you to die if you keep making those decisions. It's just our way of trying to wake you up. No matter how much of a rush or adrenaline boost you get from racing, it won't add up to the sorrow of having your car wrecked, injuring someone, or even killing someone else.

Street racing on club3g is VERY looked down upon (which it should be everywhere). I just hope once you get your car back up and looking good, you will learn from this, and make that decision of letting the other guy pass you.

#55 ·
my wife gets on my ass too about how much time I spend on my car, but in the end she knows that I love my car dearly and I've put too much time, sweat, money, and effort into it to risk destroying it in a simple adrenaline rush. Yes we have all street raced but most of us have learned from it. Anyone who hasn't learned from it is either playing with God or six feet under. Learn from your mistakes or explain it to God when you meet him.

#59 ·
if your ultimate goal was to come to this forum, tell your story, and have everyone pat your back, tell you its okay, and feed you sympathy, you've picked the wrong forum. You might have had that kind of luck on that Honda SI guy's forum. On here, we give a shit about our cars and our members whether they are local or distant.

#65 ·
hahaha well i was a baller. honestly you can al say what you want everything your saying ive already heard from friends or relatives minus the go dies but i didnt post this to get a pat on the back or a good obviously i fucked up and made a mistake and as you can see im learning from it the hard way.rebuilding everything myself out of my own pocket.

#80 ·
not to jump in the ring with all the apes or anything but I have always been curious as to everyones view on street racing. Obviously ill agree with anyone that going 100+ is dumb and reckless and usually ends with what just happens. I am talking about the kid in the car next to you who has his girlfriend in the car with him thinking hes hot shit cause he drives a v dub 1.8T with a damn bov. Am I being naive by saying everyone has had those kids and have spanked them? Now not 0-100mph I am talking about when the speed limit is 45 and you do a 0-50mph. Now my car isnt all that fast (15.1) but I can still have fun by banging 1st to 2nd gear without it tq steering off the road and hitting a tree. Im just saying I think everyone has messed around a little bit...maybe not to the extent that he did but at least a quick pull. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.