Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

MN monthly meets

78K views 2K replies 33 participants last post by  GTmitsu 
#1 · (Edited)
Next meet: The next meet is currently being discussed, get involved and help planning for our next gathering!!
Who: MN crew
When:
Where:
Time:

Nate_0022: Nate
Slvr/t: Tyler
HondaHunter04: Makana
adio405: Jeff
polishmafia: Pete
Halo:
Solar: Rick
sandweller999: David
CujoJpn: Kaleb
Koobie:
cmartini101:
Krazy_Town:
ClipseGT01:
Fejery4491:
tracer bullet:
midwest_G:

#25 ·
Just ordered my springs........cant wait to see how they look on my ride.....
I guess so .... Honda what struts are you going to be using and what springs did you get? are you doing all this yourself or are you having someone else put them in for you? In this next month I am going to be getting that damn bumber on and I need to do my suspension work to but I cant pay anyone to do it this time. So I dont qiote know how I am going to get around that but well see....

But the 7th is cool for me I should have all my shit done by then and looking better.!!!

Where in AZ are they from? Peoria/Glendale for me
If you guys don't want to pay someone to do this. I'm sure during the meet we can swap out your suspension and drop your car. I don't have the right tools for the job though lol. Tyler might depending if were meeting in Duluth this time or MPLS.

#23 ·
I guess so .... Honda what struts are you going to be using and what springs did you get? are you doing all this yourself or are you having someone else put them in for you? In this next month I am going to be getting that damn bumber on and I need to do my suspension work to but I cant pay anyone to do it this time. So I dont qiote know how I am going to get around that but well see....

But the 7th is cool for me I should have all my shit done by then and looking better.!!!

#29 ·

Im looking at different shocks and struts right now....im probably going to go with KYB-gr2......but not sure. I got the TEIN springs from tearstone. They were cheaper.......im a broke ass. Later on i might be going with eibach but not till later, after i get more power on the motor. Right now its just for looks. I found these adjustables on Andys auto sport that look cool.....might get those. I got a friend thats a mechanic at a specialty shop and he is helping me with them. I could probably do them my self but i dont have the tools. he is helping me with my whole suspension. Probably some of my engine build too.....but he is a muscle car guy so for my turbo i might have to go elsewhere.

My girl moved from Mesa AZ.

#26 ·
that would be huge !!!! I dont mind the trial and error its just the error I worry about. My roommate has all the tools I just dont want to ask him because he is a bmw/ audi guy and always gives me shit.. i am sure that it is all in fun though.... i just dont want to hear about it...lol

when do we start to make the concensus on duluth or mpls?

#27 ·
It would probably take all of us around an hour to install your drop at most, a couple people on each wheel and should be done rather quickly.

Whenever people provide input. Like I said I'm down for whatever. I think it would be a hard time finding stuff to do in Duluth, but that's just me.

#28 ·
allright well we shoud for sure have the last one there to drive the coast and take pics in the fall that would look so good...... And I could use the help I am going to go and get the bumper on sat if he doesnt have the baby this weekend so at leat that wil be done but not painted but I am not all that worried about that

#31 ·
so the 7th sounds like the day for us all

do we meet in mpls or duluth now? anyone want to chime in?

does anyone know what would be the next best alternative to the kyb struts.....as I am a broke ass also

#32 · (Edited)
does anyone know what would be the next best alternative to the kyb struts.....as I am a broke ass also

Check out this link man its got 3 choices of shocks and struts for the eclipse, see if the price of those are ok for you......

http://www.performancecenter.com/shocks-absorbers

This second link is for price comparisson......they have the same KYB shocks and struts but for more expensive.......but this one has rear shocks for cheaper than the first link, so maybe you can get fronts from one site and rears from another.....hope this all helps man.....also check out the camber kit they have as well......

http://www.andysautosport.com/mitsubishi/2000_9999_eclipse/suspension/struts_and_shocks/kyb/

#33 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the tokico struts? they seem to be a little less expensice but I have never heard anything about them

Thank you Honda I have been on performance before but not andys website. I appreciate the help.......I need all I can get!! I am thinking that I am going to go with the kyb that you are going to use but I would like to know about the tokico struts,

Ok I am going to vote on Mpls again for the meet and that will give you plenty of time nate to think about what you can show us about your town.

#35 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the tokico struts? they seem to be a little less expensice but I have never heard anything about them

Thank you Honda I have been on performance before but not andys website. I appreciate the help.......I need all I can get!! I am thinking that I am going to go with the kyb that you are going to use but I would like to know about the tokico struts,

I've heard Tokico and KYB are pretty similar in quality but I had GR2s and my Civic Ex before and really liked them so I went with AGX's on my clipse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.