Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums - View Single Post - DemonEcliples' 3G Eclipse Totaled
View Single Post
Old 06/27/2011, 11:23 PM   #34 (permalink)
DemonEclipse
Senior Member
 
DemonEclipse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago
Vehicle: 2001 Ecilpse GT
Posts: 284
DemonEclipse : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIJACKER View Post
"Avoid a speeding SUV on the way to work"

Which means there was no contact with the other car. Which means the other vehicle did not actually force you off the road. Which means YOU drove your vehicle off the road into the safer barrier totaling it.

That's simple logic. Read it a few times, if you don't get it.

Unless the other car physically hit yours and changed the path of travel, the fact that you went off road, is your responsibility.

You freaked out due to another vehicle speeding in the right lane, and you over-reacted and lost control on your own accord. The other vehicle speeding in the right lane does NOT immediately equal loss of control.

Think about what you're saying. A speeding SUV goes into the right lane to pass ....and that causes you to have no choice but to crash? That makes no sense in the slightest.

You're completely missing the point that your reaction made the situation worse and could have caused a larger accident. For some reason, you view this as if you made the RIGHT choice to swerve, loose control, and crash. Well, you're wrong.

I'm making a big deal about this because there are a lot of young kids on this forum who will read your post and reaction and automatically assume that's a wise choice and it needs to be known that this is NOT HOW YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO REACT ON THE STREET.
I have to be honest. I cant believe you are making a big deal of this. You have been a member on this forum for a long time and for the most part command respect.

First off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIJACKER View Post
"Which means there was no contact with the other car. Which means the other vehicle did not actually force you off the road. Which means YOU drove your vehicle off the road into the saferbarrier totaling it."
That's....what I said...again, I never said it wasn't my fault nor his. I simply described the situation as it unfolded.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HIJACKER View Post
"That's simple logic. Read it a few times, if you don't get it."
Apparently YOU need to read it a few times more.



Quote:
Originally Posted by HIJACKER View Post
"Unless the other car physically hit yours and changed the path of travel, the fact that you went off road, is your responsibility."
....again, I never said it wasn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIJACKER View Post
"You freaked out due to another vehicle speeding in the right lane, and you over-reacted and lost control on your own accord. The other vehicle speeding in the right lane does NOT immediately equal loss of control."
Did you even read what I wrote?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIJACKER View Post
"Think about what you're saying. A speeding SUV goes into the right lane to pass ....and that causes you to have no choice but to crash? That makes no sense in the slightest."
Think of it in terms of all of what I wrote in terms of seconds. He may have been going 70 or 75 when he passed the car behind me (not crazy speeds lets be honest). He changed lanes almost at the same time I did but I was going 60 or 65 (technically we were both speeding). He did surprise me enough to have me turn the wheel too much and on top of that I was still kinda sleepy. All of this added up to me crashing (AGAIN, NOT SAYING IT WASN'T MY FAULT!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIJACKER View Post
"You're completely missing the point that your reaction made the situation worse and could have caused a larger accident. For some reason, you view this as if you made the RIGHT choice to swerve, loose control, and crash. Well, you're wrong."
That's your misinterpretation of what I wrote. No where did I say, "He was speeding and almost hit me so I had no choice but to act quietly and thus lost control!" Furthermore, I also never said what I did out of instinct (NOT CONSCIOUS CHOICE) was the "RIGHT" choice. And you're right, this could have been a lot worse. I could have hurt or killed someone, I could have been killed myself, doesn't that alone warrant more open-minded compassion and sympathy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIJACKER View Post
"I'm making a big deal about this because there are a lot of young kids on this forum who will read your post and reaction and automatically assume that's a wise choice and it needs to be known that this is NOT HOW YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO REACT ON THE STREET."
Again I have to be honest. I can not fathom why you are pressing this so much. This is not a thread about HOW TO DEAL WITH LANE CHANGES, or HOW TO CONTROL YOUR CAR WHEN AVOIDING ANOTHER CAR, or even HOW TO BE STUPID AND TOTAL YOUR PRIDE AND JOY.

I am in NO WAY trying to promote what I did as a teaching tool. If anything, you can see this as a learning experience. Instead of attacking me, why don't you HELP me and others know WHAT to do in situations like this or better yet, just say what everyone else did, "Glad your ok, sorry for your loss." Please, with all do respect, you are being a jerk.

I would hope that you would have more faith in the general population on this forum than to think them naive enough to read this "graveyard" thread and think its some sort of example for them to follow.

You really need to re-think your position on this. I am really not trying to piss you off, simply trying to address something that plagues a lot of forums and the world in general: People jumping to conclusion and generalities to justify some self righteous sense of policing everyone else. You need not jump down peoples throats about petty stuff (especially when you're mostly inaccurate), instead I suggest compassion, understanding, and common sense.

To everyone who DID honestly send me their best wishes, THANK YOU!!

Last edited by DemonEclipse; 06/27/2011 at 11:32 PM.
DemonEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote