2001 mitsubishi eclipse engine swap - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 3G Eclipse General Discussion

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/15/2010, 05:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

DontStress : who are you?
2001 mitsubishi eclipse engine swap

Alright I accidentally crashed my 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse into a mountain. The engine doesn't run the same it has some grinding noise and a valve is popped. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a used motor for a reasonable price. I heard you can get one for like 400-500 bucks but no luck. Can someone tell me where to find one so it wont cost an arm and a leg. Also, What motor should I get I have a 4 cyl but its pretty banged up, would the 3000gt motor fit in the 3G eclipse?
DontStress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/15/2010, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: '03 6G75T, '98GSX, EVO IX
finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via Yahoo to finesse49ers
First of all you could find motors on ebay, craigslist, all over the internet. You're probably going to have to pay more than $500. Second, since you have an I4 then you will put another I4 back in your car. From reading your post I don't think you really need to be concerned with doing anything else but the basics.

This is what I'm about:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Whens the car going to be finished with the turbo and everything on it

Quote:
Kevin: It'll be done when I'm done with it... ;)

Last edited by finesse49ers; 01/15/2010 at 09:48 AM.
finesse49ers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2010, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
ECLIPTO

Vehicle: 00 eclipse gt
davila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends here
^^^^

i am feeling generous....just keep looking a deal is bound to show up...keep checking the forums and ebay. i bought a motor for my v6 on ebay for like 300 and i picked it up locally. good luck!

ps 3000gt motors will not fit! the only cars that i know that are interchangeable engines are the 01+ (??) stratus

MY CAR:
davila825 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01/15/2010, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesse49ers View Post
First of all you could find motors on ebay, craigslist, all over the internet. You're probably going to have to pay more than $500. Second, since you have an I4 then you will put another I4 back in your car. From reading your post I don't think you really need to be concerned with doing anything else but the basics.
Your saying I can't put a v6 in? and around how much will it cost?
Old 01/15/2010, 10:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

finesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by allfinesse49ers seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStress View Post
Your saying I can't put a v6 in? and around how much will it cost?
Yeah, you could put a V6 in there but it will cost you a lot. So much that you'd be better off selling that car and buying a GT/GTS.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/15/2010, 10:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
ECLIPTO

davila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends heredavila825 has a few friends here
you never stated what motor you needed??

MY CAR:
Old 01/15/2010, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by davila825 View Post
you never stated what motor you needed??
He said he had an I4 in his first post so that is what he should put back in.

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/15/2010, 02:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
ECLIPTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesse49ers View Post
He said he had an I4 in his first post so that is what he should put back in.
lol yes he did...i should read more carefully....and what i meant by my post is that i found a motor for my car (v6)..and that he should look around around for a good deal whether that may be for a I4 or V6.

MY CAR:
Old 01/15/2010, 04:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Steveodotcom1 : who are you?Steveodotcom1 : who are you?
Quote:
Alright I accidentally crashed my 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse into a mountain. The engine doesn't run the same it has some grinding noise and a valve is popped. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a used motor for a reasonable price. I heard you can get one for like 400-500 bucks but no luck. Can someone tell me where to find one so it wont cost an arm and a leg. Also, What motor should I get I have a 4 cyl but its pretty banged up, would the 3000gt motor fit in the 3G eclipse?
If it's just bad valves, just get new ones, but if there is internal damage, you will need a new engine.
Steveodotcom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2010, 04:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
Quote:
Alright I accidentally crashed my 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse into a mountain.
WTF??

Did it just jump right out in front of you? You didn't see it coming?

|
|
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2010, 04:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse gt
zeroeclipse : who are you?zeroeclipse : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to zeroeclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveodotcom1 View Post
If it's just bad valves, just get new ones, but if there is internal damage, you will need a new engine.
have you taken it apart to check for any major internal injury's yet?
Old 01/15/2010, 04:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Vehicle: 01 Gt
Black_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloosk View Post
WTF??

That's what I was wondering. How do you miss that?

Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhaust gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway.
Quote:
Money can buy you a race car, but money can't buy you the skill to race it.
Black_out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2010, 05:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloosk View Post
WTF??

Wait hold on...

I can give this guy some credit, we have the same problems here in Florida, they're called mvoing mountains. You can just be driving any where at any time....WABAM! A mountain just appears in the middle of the road!

You crazy Canucks don't have any idea.
Old 01/15/2010, 06:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
CINCI3G

Vehicle: 03 Mitsubishi Eclipse
03ECLPSGS : who are you?03ECLPSGS : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to 03ECLPSGS
Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
03ECLPSGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2010, 06:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Vehicle: 2001 spyder gs
scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03ECLPSGS View Post
+1

you got questions? we got answers:

Quote:
If you want it done right, follow scarr's advice 100%.
scarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/15/2010, 08:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

Yeah... them moving mountains.

But this is what happened. The cars tires weren't that great and I hit the breaks a little too hard on a dirty road and the car spun out and hit the mountain at about 50 mph. The side of the hill acted as a jump and the car was air born spinning in the air then landed next to the road on all four tires. It was intense but lucky no one was hurt.

Last edited by DontStress; 01/15/2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01/17/2010, 07:59 AM   #17 (permalink)

Why should I stick with the I4? Besides the gas mileage.
Old 01/17/2010, 09:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Better question is "Why do you want to swap to a V6 instead of just starting over and buy a GT/GTS?"

This is what I'm about:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01/17/2010, 10:50 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Better turning radius, cheaper to repair, lighter, pretty much anything until you start heavily messing with it.
Old 01/17/2010, 11:50 AM   #20 (permalink)
MIVEC?

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8 L 6g75M Powered
silverside seems to be okaysilverside seems to be okaysilverside seems to be okaysilverside seems to be okaysilverside seems to be okaysilverside seems to be okaysilverside seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to silverside
SEARCH there are many threads that outline the hows and why nots of the I4/V6 swap

My Sale Thread

My Build Thread
silverside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/17/2010, 11:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

scarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by allscarr seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:
Better turning radius

wat?

Quote:
Old 01/17/2010, 11:57 AM   #22 (permalink)
MIVEC?

silverside seems to be okaysilverside seems to be okaysilverside seems to be okaysilverside seems to be okaysilverside seems to be okaysilverside seems to be okaysilverside seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarr View Post
wat?
The I4 has a tighter turning radus

My Sale Thread

My Build Thread
Old 01/17/2010, 11:57 AM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Vehicle: 04 NSX, 10 Murano, 08 Alt
HIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by allHIJACKER seems to be well-liked by all
Quote:

But this is what happened. The cars tires weren't that great and I hit the breaks a little too hard on a dirty road and the car spun out and hit the mountain at about 50 mph. The side of the hill acted as a jump and the car was air born spinning in the air then landed next to the road on all four tires. It was intense but lucky no one was hurt.
So you were driving recklessly and were unable to maintain control of the vehicle. Why you were going 50+ mph on a dirt road is beyond me, pretty stupid - even more ignorant because of the condition the tires.
HIJACKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/17/2010, 11:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
MIVEC?

Quote:

The cars tires weren't that great and I hit the breaks a little too hard on a dirty road and the car spun out and hit the mountain at about 50 mph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIJACKER View Post
Why you were going 50+ mph on a dirt road is beyond me, pretty stupid - even more ignorant because of the condition the tires.
Dirty road not one made of dirt.

My Sale Thread

My Build Thread
Old 01/20/2010, 07:09 PM   #25 (permalink)

It was an accident besides the car is fine, and it was a dirty road the speed limit is like 60. It doesn't rain that much in the desert so the roads stay the same for a while. We are going to open it this weekend and take a look keep you guys posted. Well anyways since HIJACKER shows there are still douche bags who can't read in this world. If you want to go talk shit to someone go play some xbox 360 kid or better yet read a book to bring up your reading comprehension.
Old 01/20/2010, 10:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
MIVEC?

Quote:
Well anyways since HIJACKER shows there are still douche bags who can't read in this world. If you want to go talk shit to someone go play some xbox 360 kid or better yet read a book to bring up your reading comprehension.
Hijacker is no kid he owns sc customs. he may act like a duche but he has done more with the 3g than you ever will.
Old 01/20/2010, 10:08 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverside View Post
he may act like a duche but he has done more and knows more with the 3g than you ever will.
Fixed.

He's just being honest, as honest as anyone else you may encounter in your day to day life.
Old 01/20/2010, 10:09 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
wat?
Ya rly.

It's still not great, but it's better than the V6.
Old 01/20/2010, 10:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Quote:
Ya rly.

It's still not great, but it's better than the V6.
why? do the wheels magically turn more in the 4cyl?

i think you are using the wrong term. i think meant handling. (due to weight)

Quote:
Old 01/20/2010, 10:20 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
why? do the wheels magically turn more in the 4cyl?

i think you are using the wrong term. i think meant handling. (due to weight)
I honestly don't know, but all I can tell you is that is what I've read in the FAQ.

Club3G Forums - FAQ
Old 01/20/2010, 10:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Quote:
I honestly don't know, but all I can tell you is that is what I've read in the FAQ.

Club3G Forums - FAQ
wow... didn't know that.

Quote:
Old 01/21/2010, 12:09 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Hijacker is no kid he owns sc customs. he may act like a duche but he has done more with the 3g than you ever will.
I don't know aboot this... the 3g has plans.
Old 01/21/2010, 01:57 AM   #33 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
Quote:
It obviously has plans - with your mad tight knowledge and skillz, you can get that TT 3KGT motor in that bay.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/21/2010, 02:31 AM   #34 (permalink)
Boo, Acquisitions...

Vehicle: 2005 ZX-6R, POS Eclipse
Jordan777er : who are you?Jordan777er : who are you?Jordan777er : who are you?Jordan777er : who are you?Jordan777er : who are you?
Quote:
wow... didn't know that.
Apparently the I4 gets a longer steering rack since we have less crap in our engine bay. That's what another thread said anyway.

Jordan777er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/21/2010, 04:22 AM   #35 (permalink)
Shata Scatta Shred!

Vehicle: 2000 BMW 328i
shata : who are you?shata : who are you?
Send a message via MSN to shata
Quote:
Better turning radius, cheaper to repair, lighter, pretty much anything until you start heavily messing with it.
Ya ur right on modding engine and cheaper to repair i do have to say v6 seems like it has more power even though its heavier and it also sounds better but thats just my opinion on why not to have I4
shata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/21/2010, 12:15 PM   #36 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Black_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okayBlack_out seems to be okay
Quote:

This thread gets better and better.

Eclipse tuners are a strange sort. They don't like talking about wings or color-matching side skirts and interiors. Eclipse tuners are performance-obsessed sleeper fanatics who dream only about downpipes, exhaust gases, and wastegates. Their cars aren't pretty, but have the ability to spank you silly on the highway.
Quote:
Old 01/21/2010, 12:21 PM   #37 (permalink)

Vehicle: '07 Vista Blue Mustang GT
02TitaniumGT : who are you?02TitaniumGT : who are you?02TitaniumGT : who are you?02TitaniumGT : who are you?
Quote:
It was an accident besides the car is fine, and it was a dirty road the speed limit is like 60. It doesn't rain that much in the desert so the roads stay the same for a while. We are going to open it this weekend and take a look keep you guys posted. Well anyways since HIJACKER shows there are still douche bags who can't read in this world. If you want to go talk shit to someone go play some xbox 360 kid or better yet read a book to bring up your reading comprehension.
Sure doesn't sound like the car is fine in your first post You should drop in the dohc and AWD setup out of an Evo

There needs to be an IQ test to be able to post on this forum, some of the 2010's remind me of Bill the Cat from Opus.

"Some things in life, people will never understand."

Last edited by 02TitaniumGT; 01/21/2010 at 12:25 PM.
02TitaniumGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/21/2010, 12:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

Quote:
that is the classic "i really have no clue what i am talking about, but i am going to talk big on the internet" statement. usually also made by people that have little to no money. (you know, people that want a twin turbo engine from a 3000gt for around 500 bucks).

your only chance to do something "new" is either to do something stupid (that is why no-one did it before) or to use something that JUST came out, like a 5g eclipse engine (don't bother looking for it.. the 5g hasn't even been rumored yet).

Quote:

Last edited by scarr; 01/21/2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02/09/2010, 06:31 PM   #39 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse gt
atownskater00 needs to be reminded to breathe.
Send a message via AIM to atownskater00
ive seen the 4g64 alot lately around the local junkyards, try goin to a junkyard and pulling one.... shouldnt cost you no more than a 100 or so
atownskater00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/09/2010, 10:46 PM   #40 (permalink)
Waiting to spool

Quote:
Originally Posted by atownskater00 View Post
ive seen the 4g64 alot lately around the local junkyards, try goin to a junkyard and pulling one.... shouldnt cost you no more than a 100 or so
You obviously have never bought anything from an engine. Way to bump a thread for no reason.

Quote:
Old 02/13/2010, 08:37 PM   #41 (permalink)

troubled4g64 : who are you?
I have an oem 4g64 hea that I had gotten to rebuild for my car then found a dohc head the head is disassembled all the parts are there but the cam gear and bolt no v/c I paid 125 shipped to me don't know where you are or if interested in it but if so just pm me
troubled4g64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/13/2010, 09:59 PM   #42 (permalink)
MIVEC?

My Sale Thread

My Build Thread
Old 02/13/2010, 10:58 PM   #43 (permalink)
Chuck Nasty

Vehicle: stuff
chavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to chavezeclipse Send a message via Yahoo to chavezeclipse
dohc for the 4g64 aren't too hard to find. just find a wrecked optima with the 4g64, hell it even increases your compression ratio so you can get gains. While you're at it take the pistons and i believe you are at 11:1 compression ratio. Use an evo head and i think you are close to 13 then.
hybrid clutch
quiafe lsd
custom 3" intake
halo projectors
evo enkei 17" rims
245/40 g-max
6g74 swap w/UIM/TB
tein s tech kyb agx
cmf headers
poly mounts
evo brakes
UCS tune
custom 2.5" exhaust
csf 2 row radiator
rear strut bar
battery relocated to trunk
22mm rear sway bar
ss brake lines
nice sound system

chavezeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/14/2010, 01:26 PM   #44 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T
UTStratus11 : who are you?UTStratus11 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by troubled4g64 View Post
I have an oem 4g64 hea that I had gotten to rebuild for my car then found a dohc head the head is disassembled all the parts are there but the cam gear and bolt no v/c I paid 125 shipped to me don't know where you are or if interested in it but if so just pm me
En Ingles por favor?

Like several have mentioned, craigslist, junkyards, and car-part.com are your best friend. As far as your 3g having plans...

UTStratus11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/14/2010, 01:42 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavezeclipse View Post
dohc for the 4g64 aren't too hard to find. just find a wrecked optima with the 4g64, hell it even increases your compression ratio so you can get gains. While you're at it take the pistons and i believe you are at 11:1 compression ratio. Use an evo head and i think you are close to 13 then.
13:1? That's like "hondah, all motor papi" high compression.

And I know that the Evo 8 has an 8.8:1 compression and a 2.0 displacement, not sure how you would get more compression from using a head from a lower compression engine.
Old 02/14/2010, 01:51 PM   #46 (permalink)
Titanium Spork

well it is from a different block... so those a compression change might be something that could happen, but those numbers do seem kind of extreme. i would do some research to find out.

Quote:
Old 02/14/2010, 02:45 PM   #47 (permalink)
Chuck Nasty

chavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regularchavezeclipse should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to chavezeclipse Send a message via Yahoo to chavezeclipse
it is true. i researched it back when i was doing the n/a 4g64 build myself. i think flashbluers might know about this as well. kia optima pistons are higher compression in their version of the 4g64 but i think the bore is different (i can't remember exactly whats different) but the evo head is 8.8:1 on the 2.0 pistons. put it on the 4g64 and you have 11:1 on stock pistons, 13 ish to 1 on kia. I might be wrong on the numbers but not by much. basically you can use factory parts to build a decent motor. But i agree with others in saying it is not always a good idea to buy used pistons. I would suggest the evo dohc swap and the evo intake manifold and throttle body with custom pistons and rods and you could build a nice all motor build with 200 at crank and like 160 to 175 at wheels.
hybrid clutch
quiafe lsd
custom 3" intake
halo projectors
evo enkei 17" rims
245/40 g-max
6g74 swap w/UIM/TB
tein s tech kyb agx
cmf headers
poly mounts
evo brakes
UCS tune
custom 2.5" exhaust
csf 2 row radiator
rear strut bar
22mm rear sway bar
ss brake lines
nice sound system

Old 02/15/2010, 06:24 PM   #48 (permalink)

troubled4g64 : who are you?
okay here is the deal the oem sohc 4g64 has 9.0:1 the evo has 8.8:1 and the sonata or optima has 10.5:1 the sohc has 46cc head the evo has roughly the same and the optima head has 56cc so it actually lowers the comp. by 1.0:1 bringing the 4g64 w/ stock pistons down around 8- 8.2:1 useing the optima pistons gives you optima stock comp ratios I have a fully built sonata head w/ 1mm oversized vales crower springs and a 4 angle valve job I got my head from a jy for 75 ordered new valve guides and lifters as a complete set 215 shipped and got springs for 185 shipped all head work cost 435 the surfaced ground all the valves to match bead blasted the head v/c and therm housing gave me back a brand new head well worth the money I have spent but thats up to you
troubled4g64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/15/2010, 09:59 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubled4g64 View Post
okay here is the deal the oem sohc 4g64 has 9.0:1 the evo has 8.8:1 and the sonata or optima has 10.5:1 the sohc has 46cc head the evo has roughly the same and the optima head has 56cc so it actually lowers the comp. by 1.0:1 bringing the 4g64 w/ stock pistons down around 8- 8.2:1 useing the optima pistons gives you optima stock comp ratios I have a fully built sonata head w/ 1mm oversized vales crower springs and a 4 angle valve job I got my head from a jy for 75 ordered new valve guides and lifters as a complete set 215 shipped and got springs for 185 shipped all head work cost 435 the surfaced ground all the valves to match bead blasted the head v/c and therm housing gave me back a brand new head well worth the money I have spent but thats up to you
This is good info.
Old 02/16/2010, 10:50 AM   #50 (permalink)
JVP
JVP

Vehicle: 2004 stratus r/t
JVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to JVP
Quote:
and you (Luke 4.0) still don't understand why you can't put a V6 in place of your four banger.
JVP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/16/2010, 09:21 PM   #51 (permalink)
Chuck Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVP View Post
and you (Luke 4.0) still don't understand why you can't put a V6 in place of your four banger.
technically you could.... but wow the expense it would be. Not to mention the work involved. Pretty much everything in the entire engine bay has to be swapped and at the end if you buy new parts and have someone else do it you will have spent the same amount as buying two used eclipse gt's and feel really bad about yourself. If you have a 4g64 make the most of what you have and the advantages along with it. You have less weight, you have a motor that has much in common as the evo 4g63 and can accept it's parts, and it's much cheaper to mod than the 6g72 (speaking from personal experience). Not to mention a better weight distribution. If I were you, I would save money and start buying parts for a turbo setup if you want AFFORDABLE power compared to other options. There are a lot of people on here that have done it and even if someone else does everything for you the end total would still be under 10 grand and you would have a properly quick car.
hybrid clutch
quiafe lsd
custom 3" intake
halo projectors
evo enkei 17" rims
245/40 g-max
6g74 swap w/UIM/TB
tein s tech kyb agx
cmf headers
poly mounts
evo brakes
UCS tune
custom 2.5" exhaust
csf 2 row radiator
rear strut bar
22mm rear sway bar
ss brake lines
nice sound system

Old 02/16/2010, 10:27 PM   #52 (permalink)
JVP
JVP

Vehicle: 2004 stratus r/t
JVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okayJVP seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to JVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavezeclipse View Post
technically you could.... but wow the expense it would be. Not to mention the work involved. Pretty much everything in the entire engine bay has to be swapped and at the end if you buy new parts and have someone else do it you will have spent the same amount as buying two used eclipse gt's and feel really bad about yourself.
That's pretty much my point. Although I think he was thinking more along the lines of plug and play.
JVP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/17/2010, 07:54 PM   #53 (permalink)
MIVEC?

why is this thread still going?

My Sale Thread

My Build Thread
Old 02/17/2010, 07:58 PM   #54 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
Quote:
why is this thread still going?
I agree. Can we just lock this?

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 3G Eclipse General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in