where can i find it? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 3G Eclipse General Discussion

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09/24/2012, 12:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse gs
alex.1993 : who are you?
where can i find it?

Have a 2000 gs I want to swap engine out with a gt , where good place to buy engine and tranny from online. Shop said I could find a kit to.convert it frm auto to manual but I can't find one. help please.:-)
alex.1993 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09/24/2012, 12:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Suspended Seller
Cocknozzle

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse
El Guapo : who are you?El Guapo : who are you?El Guapo : who are you?El Guapo : who are you?El Guapo : who are you?
Ok. First, if you want a v6 that bad, you could sell yours and buy a v6. If you wanted to swap it out you would need a new subframe and other things that woul overcome the cost of selling your and buying a v6.
Second, there is no "kit" you can buy to swap to manual, if you search, you could find at least 2 members on here that did the auto to manual swap.
And lastly, If you want a fast car, turbo your I4 with a 16g
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/24/2012, 12:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/

Vehicle: 06 350z MT
Red Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regularRed Sun should be considered a regular
If you really want to talk about swaping into manual, talk to Drewski, who recently just did it.
Red Sun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09/24/2012, 08:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
DARKSIDE

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT 3.8
KJF5nutral : who are you?KJF5nutral : who are you?
IF you want to swap your engine, the cheapest one for your car is the Evo 8, but you will be spending alot of money...sell your gs and buy a gt like mentioned above....want more power for less go supercharge or turbo low psi
Old 09/24/2012, 11:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Manual Swapped!!

Vehicle: 2003 GS Manual
Drewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by allDrewski0523 seems to be well-liked by all
where do people get the idea that swapping to a v6 is a simple conversion? Is it because the cars look the same? Do people just shoot out ideas before they even think about researching it?

Seriously man, sell the car and by something better. The GT eclipses still suck even with the v6 n/a. If you want to learn and have fun and add a modest a mount of power to an otherwise slow POS then READ. Research and learn. Anything can be done with enough $ but to what extent do you go?

Ignorance is not bliss and it is not an excuse for stupidity. Learn about what your talking about before you say anything.

But to answer your question, if you want a fast n/a v6 sell the 3G and buy something a lot better. If you want the looks of the 3G but more speed just boost what you have. Read about a manual swap as I promise all the info you'll need is on this site. In fact I guarantee it's here.
Drewski0523 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/24/2012, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt

Vehicle: 2001 Spyder GT (silver)
MarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by manyMarkSpyder is well-liked by many
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.1993 View Post
Have a 2000 gs I want to swap engine out with a gt , where good place to buy engine and tranny from online. Shop said I could find a kit to convert it from auto to manual but I can't find one.
They lied to you. There is no such thing as a tranny or engine swap "kit" for the 3G Eclipse. Find a new shop.
MarkSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 3G Eclipse General Discussion

Tags
auto to manual how-to, engine swap, tranny swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in