3.0L, 3.5L, & 3.8L E-Mail Tunes Available - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > 3G Eclipse GT/GTS Specific

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04/13/2011, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Vehicle: Lure 13.5
Tx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be new
3.0L, 3.5L, & 3.8L E-Mail Tunes Available

Site is now live: www.TxTuning.com

E-mail us for inquiries, please do NOT send a PM. We do not frequent the board often and can provide immediate assistance through e-mail: http://txtuning.com/contact-us/

Want an e-mail tune? Know what you need

Cable Required
2000-2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Buy the 2.0 cable
2002-2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Buy the 1.3 cable

Software Required
Datalogging Software - EvoScan
Rom Editor / Flash - EcuFlash

I have personally owned, driven, and fine tuned the 3.0, 3.5, and 3.8L engines. Between many hours of testing and pushing these motors (with a wideband), I have crafted up advanced roms for each three engines. These base roms are all available, as well as fine tuning services online. All interest or questions, post or PM. PM me for pricing as well.

3.0L Results:

3.5L Results

3.8L Results

V6 SDS Results

Have a question? Check my FAQ on my website, here: http://TxTuning.com/faq/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for immediate assistance. Do Not PM!
Tx4Codeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04/13/2011, 09:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, '16 Jeep GC
Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Drunkoffjuic
You know im in. Still checking for that rom?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All images appearing on club3g.com posted by user "Drunkoffjuic" aka Eric Nemcek, are the exclusive property of Eric Nemcek and are protected under the United States and International Copyright laws.

The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of Eric Nemcek .

Use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration (digital, artist rendering or alike) is a violation of the United States and International Copyright laws. All images are copyrighted © 2006 - 2016 Eric Nemcek .
Drunkoffjuic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/13/2011, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GTX
Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Man I just sent Will home with his 74 swapped Cody tuned 04 GT. He's one happy camper to say the least. The ROM didn't know at all. Thanks so much for the work Cody, writing the definition file and everything!
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04/13/2011, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Tx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be newTx4Codeman - if you don't know me, you must be new
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkoffjuic View Post
You know im in. Still checking for that rom?
Got it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
Man I just sent Will home with his 74 swapped Cody tuned 04 GT. He's one happy camper to say the least. The ROM didn't know at all. Thanks so much for the work Cody, writing the definition file and everything!
Be sure to get me some datalogs so we can get things buckled up for him.
Old 04/13/2011, 10:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Already emailed them to you. Some cruising, some WOT, combos and gradations of both.
Old 04/13/2011, 10:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
iMonster : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx4Codeman View Post
3.0 - WAI Intake, Diamante Upper Intake Manifold.
199WHP / 194TQ
I love seeing this. I swapped a 75 intake mani and wai.. Is this with a tune or with out a tune?
iMonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/13/2011, 11:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMonster View Post
I love seeing this. I swapped a 75 intake mani and wai.. Is this with a tune or with out a tune?
That dyno sheet is with the 3.5L upper intake mani, tuned. I'd be interested in working with a 3.0 / 3.8uim. You can certainly see some gains, coming from the GT uim. Get in touch with me if interested in getting full potential out of your mods.
Old 04/13/2011, 11:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

I would if you lived in the midwest, i would be all over that, so would White Knight. i'm going to the track on friday to see what all i can do. test out different intakes and all that jazz. I haven't checked if my ECU is tune able yet. thanks for posting the link up to the how to, i forgot to book mark it when i came across it last time.
Old 04/14/2011, 04:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
what are you runnin?

Vehicle: 03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
GTSman1982 : who are you?GTSman1982 : who are you?
I can vouch for the tune it works for gts models.

HTC Evo
GTSman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/14/2011, 01:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quick question. Is evoscan the only good data logging program? i'm using Scan tech 0.77 right now with a 10$ ebay cable, and it's not really performing the way i want it, although it works, it's just abnormally slow.
Old 04/14/2011, 01:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMonster View Post
Quick question. Is evoscan the only good data logging program? i'm using Scan tech 0.77 right now with a 10$ ebay cable, and it's not really performing the way i want it, although it works, it's just abnormally slow.
Evoscan is the only program I deal with. Obd2 Scantech is, less say less advanced and offers less options. Try minimizing your selected recorded values. When I datalog, I limit what's recorded. Timing advance, afr map, wideband, knock sum, rpm, and ecuload. The more you log, the larger the file and less detailed it will become.
Old 04/14/2011, 06:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
I am who I hate

Vehicle: 01 gt 5spd
bastard sucksbastard sucks
Barring nitrous this is the best bang for your buck on the market right now. Not only does it add power but at lower rpms below 3k it increases gas mileage by getting rid of the overly rich stock afr. Definatly worth way more than what this hairy little man is asking.
bastard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/14/2011, 08:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
GT

Vehicle: 2001 6g74 Eclipse GT
SpeedDemon350 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to SpeedDemon350
For those of you who are debating whether or not to get a tune, do it. If you have done any modifications (intake, exhaust, etc.) The tune he gives will eliminate all the overly rich AFR in the upper rpms area, and will give you a nice clean and strong pull up to redline.

I first started out with a factory tuned 3.0L, which was sluggish and didn't really give me the torque I wanted. When doing WOT pulls, the AFR would be far to rich in the upper rpm area and would feel like the engine isn't making power anymore. With a few internal engine issues, I had to replace the motor, so I opted for the 6g74 swap (for the lower cost and ease of install). I didn't really notice too much of a difference in power after the swap, though I did notice an increase in low end torque. On WOT pulls, I still noticed that power seemed to decrease significantly as the rpms went anywhere higher than 4,000. Now that I had the motor in, I contacted Tx4Codeman for a tune. In the end, the tune uses the motor to its fullest potential and provides a clean pull with a much better distribution of power across the rpm range. On the highway, I notice significantly better torque than I did before the tune. When I cruise, I feel like I no longer need to down shift to get adequate power. Remarkably, I also still get the same gas mileage (maybe a tad less) as I did on the 3.0L factory tuned engine.

All in all, this tune is worth it, and definitely a necessity if you plan on swapping to a 3.5L or 3.8L. There is a noticeable increase in power while running minimal to no knock. It also feels good knowing that my 6g74 is running on a tune meant for the 6g74, and the not the factory 6g72. The only thing negative I can think of is communication was a little slow at times, but definitely worth any wait. In the end, I am very satisfied with his tune, and would recommend it to anyone looking for an easy and safe way to gain a few extra ponies.
SpeedDemon350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/15/2011, 07:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: 01 GT
Pace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by all
Codeman doesnt fuck around, he knows his shit. After my swap i was honestly heavily disappointed in the gains, i finally got around to getting ahold of him and after a night of datalogging and talking back and forth it was a clear cut night and day difference.
Its running safe for daily street driving, yet has the get up and go to plant your ass in the seat.

I would recomend the 3.0 cam to anyone doing any kind of tune work because my top end lacks heavily, but codeman helped that out greatly from what it was.

I still need to get around to doing some fine tuning i just never got a usb for the wideband, il get around to it

Pace187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/16/2011, 10:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Anastacia HOE!!!!

Vehicle: 06 Accord coupe 6spd
04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to 04MOJOGT Send a message via Yahoo to 04MOJOGT
I cant wait to get this done. Hopefully this weekend/mid Week.
04MOJOGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/17/2011, 05:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
I am who I hate

Vehicle: 01 gt 5spd
bastard sucksbastard sucks
You comin down here for it?
bastard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/17/2011, 08:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

Vehicle: Y2K GT-P
ICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ICEMAN99TURBO Send a message via Yahoo to ICEMAN99TURBO
Thanks for the PMs man, you got me on board..

Goodbye SAFC2.
ICEMAN99TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/17/2011, 09:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
db

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT, 2004 GTO
db00eclipse seems to be okaydb00eclipse seems to be okaydb00eclipse seems to be okaydb00eclipse seems to be okaydb00eclipse seems to be okaydb00eclipse seems to be okaydb00eclipse seems to be okaydb00eclipse seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to db00eclipse
Sounds awesome. I have a 74 UIM i'm installing soon so this tune would help me get the most of the CAI and exhaust mods that I have already done.
db00eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/17/2011, 10:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04MOJOGT View Post
Waiting on that Ecu to come in and we will get you taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMAN99TURBO View Post
Thanks for the PMs man, you got me on board..

Goodbye SAFC2.
Certainly the better way of doing things

Quote:
Originally Posted by db00eclipse View Post
Sounds awesome. I have a 74 UIM i'm installing soon so this tune would help me get the most of the CAI and exhaust mods that I have already done.
Any increased airflow mods will certainly be a great candidate for EcuFlash tuning. You are correct about this making the most out of your modifications. Let me know when you are ready.

To everyone else and their comments of my work, Thanks!
Old 04/18/2011, 04:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

ICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ICEMAN99TURBO Send a message via Yahoo to ICEMAN99TURBO
Cody, are you going to need a list of mods that are done to the car to help you with the tune? I also have the 60 mm UIM with the 60mm TB, along with CAI, headers, and Catback.
Old 04/18/2011, 06:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

10$ says once you get the tune you'll want more.
Old 04/18/2011, 11:04 PM   #22 (permalink)

Vehicle: 6g74 3.5L 02gt
02gt has a few friends here02gt has a few friends here02gt has a few friends here02gt has a few friends here02gt has a few friends here02gt has a few friends here02gt has a few friends here02gt has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to 02gt
Once again, tx4codeman worked his magic. I went to him today to have my 3.5l fine tuned and I am very happy with the results.
02gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/19/2011, 06:26 PM   #23 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 eclipse gts
mike4328 : who are you?
tx codeman tuned my 03 gts big difference he is the right man for the job us nyc 3g can vouch for that
mike4328 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/20/2011, 07:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04MOJOGT View Post
Mailing out your ECU in the morning. Let me know when you get things and how the car feels.

For those who are in search of a base rom who do not want to spend $200+ on the Tactrix cable and EvoScan program, contact me about mailing me your Ecu.

edit: 3.5L datalog, untuned, POSTED IN OP.
Old 04/20/2011, 09:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Anastacia HOE!!!!

04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular04MOJOGT should be considered a regular
Quote:
Mailing out your ECU in the morning. Let me know when you get things and how the car feels.

For those who are in search of a base rom who do not want to spend $200+ on the Tactrix cable and EvoScan program, contact me about mailing me your Ecu.

Will do man. Thanks again.
Old 04/21/2011, 02:20 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:

Made up stat... but probably 80-90% of the people who will want to tune but don't have the money for the cables and the program use their car as their Daily Driver, like me so that might not work as well as you'd think,

We need to get one guy in each major city (like KC, STL, Chicago, Miami, blah blah blah) with the cable and the programs and able to flash ecu's for us. lol
Old 04/22/2011, 11:40 AM   #27 (permalink)
Banana suit what?!

Vehicle: 98 Trans AM WS6
StreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regularStreetLegal should be considered a regular
Out of curiosity, when you say for the 3.0 3.5 and 3.8 are you saying that off of the base motor? I've been talking with another member and we both might be doing the 4.0L stroker swap from Tearstone's thread and I was just curious if I would be able to talk to you about a tune.

StreetLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/22/2011, 11:59 AM   #28 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Out of curiosity, when you say for the 3.0 3.5 and 3.8 are you saying that off of the base motor? I've been talking with another member and we both might be doing the 4.0L stroker swap from Tearstone's thread and I was just curious if I would be able to talk to you about a tune.
I have ready to go Base maps for those three engines that are stock to lightly modded. For anything beyond that, I can tune it for you as well. Datalogging on your end will be required to fab you up custom tables.
Old 04/22/2011, 12:03 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Vehicle: 00 Eclipse Gt/ 08 Cobalt
CordiaDOHC can pretty much be considered an idiot by all
Send a message via MSN to CordiaDOHC
Huge thanks. This makes swapping to the 3.8 much more attractive (im a 00). So hopefully I have the right processor or can track down the right one.

Add that to the massive list for this car. Wish there was a place to get rpw headers and cams stateside now lol
CordiaDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/27/2011, 12:10 PM   #30 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse Spyder GS
Dustin needs to be reminded to breathe.
Cody, appreciate the work you did on my GS. I can feel the difference and def am a fan of better gas mileage.
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/27/2011, 02:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
REDLINE ALL GEARS

Vehicle: 2002 GT-T
thahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by allthahnic1080 seems to be well-liked by all
I'll be coming back for a fine tune code
thahnic1080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/02/2011, 08:54 PM   #32 (permalink)
Farts In The Tub

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8
Lethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends hereLethal1ty17 has a few friends here
I would love a tune but I don't have another ECU to use in place if I remove mine.

Edit: it's immobilized without the same ECU. Damnit.

Last edited by Lethal1ty17; 05/02/2011 at 09:39 PM.
Lethal1ty17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/02/2011, 09:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
NEXT....

Vehicle: Debating next project
bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.bgdakid paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
Send a message via AIM to bgdakid
Not like I need to say anything since Cody's work speaks for itself, but I told all you local guys this already. They never listen. Cody's tunes are the truth. Wait till you guys get a load of what we have in the works. You'll shit bricks when you see it. (God I love those posters)

Tx4CodeMan is the CHAMP
bgdakid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/03/2011, 01:30 AM   #34 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Numbers based off of Pace's 3.5L datalogs. This goes to show why the 3.5 cams are frowned upon and keeping the 3.0's will be beneficial to those interested in the swap.

Old 05/03/2011, 08:06 PM   #35 (permalink)

Bred7 : who are you?
Sounds great I have 01 GT and plan on doing the Diamante Mani swap and will def. want it tuned once I do.
Bred7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/26/2011, 01:40 PM   #36 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

Cody.... Not sure if they was asked before or not, but is it worth buying the cable to use once, or would it be worth just renting it and just buying the programs??? Will it be needed after the initial reflash?
Old 05/26/2011, 02:04 PM   #37 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

If you could rent the cable for under 40 dollars it would be worth doing, if you have no plan to change the car significantly in the near future to the point that it would need retuning.
Old 05/26/2011, 03:20 PM   #38 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Mitsubishi Magna TH
Life : who are you?
Don't suppose you have a 3.8L non-mivec tune available? Would be really helpful for Magna conversions Unfortunantly we have very limited options when it comes to tuning with only 3 workshops in the country doing it. RPW in Perth, SKR in Adelaide, and HITMAN Injection Tuning in Sydney. All of which will charge upwards of $350 for a base 3.8 tune.
Old 05/26/2011, 04:20 PM   #39 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Of course I do. I'm running a 3.8 nonmivec myself. PM me.
Old 06/05/2011, 01:05 AM   #40 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Mojo made a trip from North Carolina today to get his 3.5L tuned. This is a 3.5 with only an intake.

Recommended mods for better gains would be a 3.5 throttle body, 3.0 cams, headers, and a wideband for fine tuning the AFR's.

Before run was a factory 3.5L rom. Numbers are VERY accurate as a factory 3.5L puts down apx 168/189 to the ground with 18% loss mounted to a manual trans [205/[email protected]].

Mojo achieved +16WHP / +12TQ without a wideband on a practically stock 3.5L.
Old 06/05/2011, 06:05 AM   #41 (permalink)
Grocery Getter? Nah

Vehicle: 1999 6G74 5-spd Galant
beam514 : who are you?beam514 : who are you?beam514 : who are you?
Quote:

Before run was a factory 3.5L rom. Numbers are VERY accurate as a factory 3.5L puts down apx 168/189 to the ground with 18% loss mounted to a manual trans [205/[email protected]].
Really? Back in Sep. 2009, my 3.5L, untuned, with 6G72 injectors, and all 3 cats, put down 169/183 with the automatic transmission

EDIT: maybe because it is on a Dynapack? I don't know if it would be that far off though.
beam514 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/05/2011, 07:46 AM   #42 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Mojo's first run was on the 3.5L factory ROM which is a good bit more conservative then the 3.0L factory ROM. Even though you weren't tuned I'd bet you were running leaner with better timing, hence the same power. Plus, you're right, the dynopack is probably off a little bit.
Old 06/05/2011, 12:56 PM   #43 (permalink)
Anastacia HOE!!!!

Quote:
Mojo made a trip from North Carolina today to get his 3.5L tuned. This is a 3.5 with only an intake.

Recommended mods for better gains would be a 3.5 throttle body, 3.0 cams, headers, and a wideband for fine tuning the AFR's.

Mojo achieved +16WHP / +12TQ without a wideband on a practically stock 3.5L.

Thanks again for everything. The car ran perfect on the trip back. No issues at all and the Mpgs did get better. However the Atlanta traffic totally screwed that up. All in all im pleased and the trip was well worth it.

Just to elaborate exactly on whats on my car for those who are wondering its a

03 3.5 88K
CAI
Stock exhaust
3.5 MAF
Walbro 255
and nothing else.
Old 06/12/2011, 10:02 AM   #44 (permalink)

labra : who are you?
hey man. i have a 2002 eclipse gt with headers. is it posible to tune it to get better MPG and more HP. and not show any codes. i resently rebuit the engine and wouldnt want to damage it. and what are your prices. email me [email protected]
labra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/29/2011, 04:44 PM   #45 (permalink)

Vehicle: '05 GTS Spyder A/T
holdar : who are you?
Cody’s in the process of tuning my ’05 GTS Spyder and last night I get a text:
Tx4Codeman:
   Sent a small change your way…
Tx4Codeman:
   R u datalogging it tonight?
Me:
   If you want. Same setup and pulls?
Tx4Codeman:
   Ya 2-6k rpm. Go ahead. Drive safe. I'll be up a little while longer.
Me:
   Ok, I'll be back to you within 20-25 min.

Me:
   All I can say is, OH MY GOD!
Tx4Codeman:
   O.O
Me:
   I can't stop laughing. It's a completly diff car
Me:
   Its Awesome!
Me:
   I was so excited, I accidentally did my first pull in first
Me:
   Why didn't I do this 5 years ago?
Thanks for that “small” change. 
holdar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/29/2011, 05:13 PM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Dangler

Vehicle: 2015 Audi A4 Premium Plus
espguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okayespguitarist3 seems to be okay
do tell what was different!

is your eclipse Rice Special faster then a civic Sportscar Impersonator?

Proud author on
espguitarist3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/29/2011, 07:44 PM   #47 (permalink)
"S" Car...Gooooooo

Vehicle: 03 GT-T
SvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by many
Quote:
Originally Posted by espguitarist3 View Post
do tell what was different!
Please do tell.

With all the "little" changes made to my ride as of late, I'd like to know if this is a route I should follow as well. I just can't seem to bend my mind around this tuning stuff myself (too much rattling around in there already).
SvenHoek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/30/2011, 08:17 AM   #48 (permalink)

Vehicle: '05 GTS Spyder A/T
holdar : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenHoek View Post
Please do tell.

With all the "little" changes made to my ride as of late, I'd like to know if this is a route I should follow as well. I just can't seem to bend my mind around this tuning stuff myself (too much rattling around in there already).
Power! That's the most immediate difference.
At 4k RPM, when my 6G72 A/T begins to gain strength, it now pulls hard; Much harder than before.

In second gear, the engine would choke until it got to higher RPMs. Now, although there is still some hesitation, I no longer have to beg the car to move.

Throttle response at low end has improved and the car feels (for want of a better term) nibble and quick.

I’m running Ripp headers with a 3” hi-flow cat that necks down to a 2.5” in/out round muffler and then to an oval at the bumper. I used to tiptoe out of the neighborhood ‘cause rumble would reverberate off the houses. I never expected that to change with the tune, but it has. With each update he sends, the car runs quieter and smoother. (I didn’t tiptoe this morning. LOL!)

I’m getting better gas mileage too. How much better, I haven’t checked.

I am more than pleased with what Cody’s done so far. Heck, his one “small change” did more for my car than all the time and money I’ve put into it over the past 6 years!
holdar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/30/2011, 01:35 PM   #49 (permalink)
Vortech Inside

Vehicle: 2010 Camaro SS
WolfRyder seems to be okayWolfRyder seems to be okayWolfRyder seems to be okayWolfRyder seems to be okayWolfRyder seems to be okayWolfRyder seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to WolfRyder
Glad to see you're offering some good tuning options to the 3G community, keep up the good work

Bought: 2005, Supercharged: 2007, Totaled: 2009
WolfRyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/30/2011, 07:41 PM   #50 (permalink)
Mivec just kicked in

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS
Yamikai04 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Yamikai04 Send a message via Yahoo to Yamikai04
is there an evoscan software for mac or is it just pc based
Yamikai04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/30/2011, 10:55 PM   #51 (permalink)
"S" Car...Gooooooo

Vehicle: 03 GT-T
SvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by manySvenHoek is well-liked by many
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdar View Post
Power! That's the most immediate difference.
At 4k RPM, when my 6G72 A/T begins to gain strength, it now pulls hard; Much harder than before.

In second gear, the engine would choke until it got to higher RPMs. Now, although there is still some hesitation, I no longer have to beg the car to move.

Throttle response at low end has improved and the car feels (for want of a better term) nibble and quick.

I’m running Ripp headers with a 3” hi-flow cat that necks down to a 2.5” in/out round muffler and then to an oval at the bumper. I used to tiptoe out of the neighborhood ‘cause rumble would reverberate off the houses. I never expected that to change with the tune, but it has. With each update he sends, the car runs quieter and smoother. (I didn’t tiptoe this morning. LOL!)

I’m getting better gas mileage too. How much better, I haven’t checked.

I am more than pleased with what Cody’s done so far. Heck, his one “small change” did more for my car than all the time and money I’ve put into it over the past 6 years!
That sounds fantastic. once I get my ride back together again I think I'll get a base run on a dyno for giggles, then hit Cody up for a tune as well. With a dual exhaust, headers, intake, upper manifold etc. I SURE that I'll be in bad need of some adjustments. thanks for the additional info. e-rep 4U.
SvenHoek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/28/2011, 09:48 AM   #52 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse V6
Daboss254 : who are you?Daboss254 : who are you?Daboss254 : who are you?Daboss254 : who are you?Daboss254 : who are you?
Damn I've gone awhile! So are fed spec 00' Ecu's tunable now or something? Sorry, I'm just going off what i see in the first post, and from my understanding, if you have an 00' ECu that says " MH7202F" on the processor then its good.

I definitely need to get in contact with you tx4codeman.
Daboss254 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/28/2011, 12:55 PM   #53 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse V6
Daboss254 : who are you?Daboss254 : who are you?Daboss254 : who are you?Daboss254 : who are you?Daboss254 : who are you?
Alright, so I pulled my 00' ECU out and it says : (MH7203FA) Is it safe to say that this one is not good?

Also, I have a 02' ECU, but I couldn't really read the series of numbers and letters indicated.. but I think it says, (MH8206F). I know I read somewhere a couple years back that someone was having trouble tuning their 02' ecu, but possibly that has been fixed now? Is the 02' ECU I have good to go as far as being tuned, if my 00' isn't?
Daboss254 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/28/2011, 01:08 PM   #54 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

No restrictions to date as long as the tuner has the proper definition files. If you want more tables, go with the 02, since most 00-01 def files are not completely defined. If you don't have a tactrix cable you can mail me both ecus to get the work done. Pm me with questions.
Old 01/07/2012, 06:50 PM   #55 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Pace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by all
i did finally dyno my car with codemans tune, i made 184whp/206wtq on a 3.5L GT

Old 01/07/2012, 07:05 PM   #56 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

Pretty accurate with the Advanced ROM. Would have liked to get dyno time but distance could be a problem. Did you get a dyno sheet?
Old 01/07/2012, 07:19 PM   #57 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Quote:
Pretty accurate with the Advanced ROM. Would have liked to get dyno time but distance could be a problem. Did you get a dyno sheet?
il try and contact the guys that did it, its saved on their computer but il try and get a copy of it

Old 01/21/2012, 08:04 PM   #58 (permalink)
03 Spyder GTS 230 HP

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GTS Spyder
Ixionic needs to be reminded to breathe.
Still offered?

Hi Cody,

I am also interested in this ECU Tune.

Do we have to mail you our stock ECU by mail to your address and then you mail it back? It would suck if it gets lost in the mail.

Or is there someway for you to just send us a file for our cars and we use that file to flash our ECU?

Actually before I ask both of those questions... This thread is old, but I want to know if you are still offering this ECU tuning service.

How much power can I expect from a Spyder GTS with Injen CAI, Greddy Full Catback Exhaust, Ralco RZ Aluminum Crank Pulley and Royal Purple Oil and High Flow Cat?

Headers are stock due to California C.A.R.B. smog laws.

+10 WHP?

Engine is a 6G72.

Do you accept Paypal? How much do you charge?

2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS - (August 2011 to Present)

Last edited by Ixionic; 01/21/2012 at 08:11 PM.
Ixionic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/21/2012, 08:11 PM   #59 (permalink)
TxTuning.com

It's all covered in this thread. You can either purchase the products listed in the original post or mail me the ECU. I'm still offering this service. Gains range vehicle to vehicle based on modifications and engine health, but generally we are seeing gains over 15whp.
Old 01/21/2012, 08:41 PM   #60 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
RavageEclipse : who are you?
Pm sent
RavageEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > 3G Eclipse GT/GTS Specific

Tags
ecuflash, tuning, txtuning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in