Engine Swap - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > 3G Eclipse RS/GS Specific

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06/18/2018, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

StanceLife18 : who are you?
Engine Swap

Hi everyone! I’m picking up my first 3G eclipse this Friday, it’s a 2004 GS model with the 2.4 liter engine, automatic. The guy believes the head gasket is bad so I figured it’d be best to just do a engine swap but I wanted to be sure exactly what engines from other years and models would fit. I’m not trying to do any of the fun swaps yet, just one that’ll drop in and bolt up and get me back on the road. Any tips are greatly appreciated!
StanceLife18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06/18/2018, 05:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

StanceLife18 : who are you?
Engine swap

Hi everyone! I’m picking up my first 3G eclipse this Friday, it’s a 2004 GS model with the 2.4 liter engine, automatic. The guy believes the head gasket is bad so I figured it’d be best to just do a engine swap but I wanted to be sure exactly what engines from other years and models would fit. I’m not trying to do any of the fun swaps yet, just one that’ll drop in and bolt up and get me back on the road. Any tips are greatly appreciated!
StanceLife18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/18/2018, 11:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cosmic Turd

Vehicle: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Kaiser : who are you?Kaiser : who are you?
Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanceLife18 View Post
Your best bet is going to be looking around through the Member's Rides section and looking for engine swapped or head swapped cars. With the age of this forum, the search feature will really be your best friend considering just about everything that could be done (performance-wise) has been done or tried. I'll be honest I only ever owned V6 Eclipses so I'm not as familiar with all the options for 4 bangers, though I know they seemed a little more versatile/less sensitive than the V6.

Also, advice: you might want to keep questions like these in the new members section of the forum until you get used to the layout, most of the longtime members don't like to repeat the same answers constantly. More than likely, you can find your answer and much more by seeing the end results of what others did in their member's rides threads; you'll have to see what options are out there and decide what's going to best fit your budget and your needs. Good luck and post some pictures when you get the car!

Edit because apparently I can't read: as Chad said, any 4cyl from a 3g will work, there was only one 4cyl engine and no changes throughout 2000-2005. But my first paragraph is true for when you decide if you want to do any other swaps lol Also, welcome to the forum!

Last edited by Kaiser; 06/20/2018 at 06:45 PM.
Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06/19/2018, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
Any 2000-2005 eclipse 2.4 will drop in. You can use a manual engine as well, but, you'll need a bushing. I forgot the name of it, but if the manual is your only choice do a search on 5 speed swap and you'll find it. I posted about it years ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/19/2018, 03:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
Merged threads. We don't need multiple threads on same subject.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Performance & Tech Forums > 3G Eclipse RS/GS Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in