2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse. - Page 2 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 4G Eclipse General Discussion

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02/14/2008, 08:25 PM   #61 (permalink)
n00b hater

Vehicle: 2003 GTS/2008 Lancer GTS
Black Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be new
Send a message via AIM to Black Menace
I think the hard top version looks sooooooooo much better. Looks more aggressive and mean looking. I wouldn't pay the price tag on it though like drelo mentioned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Black Menace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02/16/2008, 10:19 AM   #62 (permalink)

Vehicle: WW IX & WW 1G
itsme4g63 : who are you?
I'd say give us an eclipse with an evo drivertrain, and screw the evo, they don't need to sell it then.
itsme4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/17/2008, 07:41 PM   #63 (permalink)
AKA Nick

Vehicle: 06 RX-8 Shinka, 09 Matrix
NiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to NiteRyd
I really like the refresh facelift. It's turned a fairly good looking car into a really nice machine. If I were to buy one I'd still paint the front grill area as the black plastic looks a little cheap to me after seeing one in person at the Chicago Auto Show.

Someone mentioned about the lack luster 3.8L. Truth of the matter is hp isn't everything and the 3.8 makes a decent amount of torque. For a FWD 1 wheel wonder I wouldn't want much more power or torque to the front wheels its just illogical. You guys need to stop picking on it for what it isn't and start appreciating it for what it is. Maybe I'm just getting too old but for what it is, its a great machine IMO. But my next daily car to replace the 3G will be a Lancer RA.
NiteRyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02/17/2008, 07:50 PM   #64 (permalink)
n00b hater

Vehicle: 2003 GTS/2008 Lancer GTS
Black Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be newBlack Menace - if you don't know me, you must be new
Send a message via AIM to Black Menace
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteRyd View Post
I really like the refresh facelift. It's turned a fairly good looking car into a really nice machine. If I were to buy one I'd still paint the front grill area as the black plastic looks a little cheap to me after seeing one in person at the Chicago Auto Show.

Someone mentioned about the lack luster 3.8L. Truth of the matter is hp isn't everything and the 3.8 makes a decent amount of torque. For a FWD 1 wheel wonder I wouldn't want much more power or torque to the front wheels its just illogical. You guys need to stop picking on it for what it isn't and start appreciating it for what it is. Maybe I'm just getting too old but for what it is, its a great machine IMO. But my next daily car to replace the 3G will be a Lancer RA.

We'll keep that in mind because Katie wants a 3G.

Black Menace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/17/2008, 08:05 PM   #65 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

Vehicle: Y2K GT-P
ICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ICEMAN99TURBO Send a message via Yahoo to ICEMAN99TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Menace View Post

We'll keep that in mind because Katie wants a 3G.
She can have mine.. I will make her a good deal
ICEMAN99TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/18/2008, 09:53 PM   #66 (permalink)
AKA Nick

Vehicle: 06 RX-8 Shinka, 09 Matrix
NiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regularNiteRyd should be considered a regular
Send a message via AIM to NiteRyd
Yeah but I'm closer and he knows I'll make them a good deal too!!!
NiteRyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/18/2008, 11:13 PM   #67 (permalink)
jDm tYt3, y0!

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GS
cloudwarrior : who are you?cloudwarrior : who are you?
It is under my impression that the rally car wars are over, because Subaru does not want to compete with the Evo anymore. Which is why they switched to wagon =/. Sooo, I say give the Eclipse its former life back, and screw the Evo, like someone above has said.
cloudwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/19/2008, 07:46 PM   #68 (permalink)
Damn I look good

Vehicle: 07' GT- Spyder 4.0
executive : who are you?executive : who are you?
Soo no spoiler for the Spyder? I wouldnt mind having those wheels though. Too bad I just bought mine, I could have waited a few more months. Oh and around here fully loaded Spyders are running nearly 40k. Soo I'm sure the dealership would have used these improvements as a reason to take up the price if it isnt already going to be higher. I can do these upgrades myself and I most likely will. Along with a much need lsd. But with simple bolt-ons you really start to feel what this car is capable of.
Old 02/25/2008, 01:00 PM   #69 (permalink)
Pandora

Vehicle: Pandora 02 GT X-TR
k0r3n_ooh : who are you?k0r3n_ooh : who are you?k0r3n_ooh : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to k0r3n_ooh Send a message via Yahoo to k0r3n_ooh
i like it.....with the exception of that funky 3rd window....its way too big. that would drive me and is driving me crazy. Im very happy they kept the 3.8l and now made upgrades to the projectors to hids and single exaust to true dual.....but i really want them to make a AWD option and Brembo brake upgrades as well. I dont mind it not having a turbo or a different suspension because you have to leave something for people to add\customize plus a stock turbo on a already fast FW. (so i really think they should make a awd option. (oo just got packages....bye...lol)
Old 02/28/2008, 10:29 AM   #70 (permalink)
Cock and bulls

Vehicle: Death Star
Sandlotje : who are you?Sandlotje : who are you?Sandlotje : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to Sandlotje
Someone said that third window made them feel like it was more exotic, but I haven't seen any exotics with a third window like that -- maybe trucks! The car looks amazing to me, as well. It looks like the result of a blend of the Audi TT, Porsche Carrera, and 3rd gen Eclipse. I think they should re-style the front a little though. I think mitsubishi is capable of making it a less "girly" car by adding lines and ridges in certain parts of the body. I still feel as though the car has a sense of curviness that can be sacraficed for aggresiveness. Don't get me wrong though, I LOVE the way it looks. I just wish I could associate it with the sense of a "sharp car."
Old 03/01/2008, 10:08 PM   #71 (permalink)

Vehicle: 3G
mitsubshiclip sucksmitsubshiclip sucks
I hate that third window in the front. That'd funny if it swivled like a truck. That is the only thing that i don't like. The front end is on a lot of newer cars. Evo 7-9's are much better looking then the 10's. You could tell an evo from a lancer anyday. But now when kids get lancers it will be much easier to make it look like the real deal. You can pull cues from a bunch of mitsu's to the 3g, 4g, and. I think everything but the rear end of a fto looks like a mix of 3g, 4g, and 3gk. I wonder if the lancers will be like wrx's and 2.5 rs's. Being able to swap parts easily.

Last edited by mitsubshiclip; 03/01/2008 at 10:10 PM.
mitsubshiclip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/02/2008, 10:03 PM   #72 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Mitsu Eclipse GT-SE
dduckw0rth : who are you?
I dunno why everone finds the 3rd front windows so bothersome. Lots of cars have them. The sliding part of the glass can't go all the way to the front on a car with a steeply raked windshield.
dduckw0rth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/02/2008, 10:12 PM   #73 (permalink)
R.I.P. silverside

Vehicle: 01 GT
Pace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by allPace187 seems to be well-liked by all
as always they have jsut wounderful cup holder placement
id drive it
Pace187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03/03/2008, 05:10 PM   #74 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

ICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by allICEMAN99TURBO seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to ICEMAN99TURBO Send a message via Yahoo to ICEMAN99TURBO
I had the 3rd windows in my van, so I guess I kind of got use to the whole idea.
Old 03/07/2008, 08:04 AM   #75 (permalink)
www.booble.com

Vehicle: 01 Spyder GT
seldomseen : who are you?
The minor exterior changes to the '09 Eclipse are very nice!! The looks of the car alone will probably create a surge in sales within this category of cars.
Old 04/04/2008, 11:36 PM   #76 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GS
Rocky2 seems to be okayRocky2 seems to be okayRocky2 seems to be okayRocky2 seems to be okayRocky2 seems to be okayRocky2 seems to be okayRocky2 seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsubshiclip View Post
But now when kids get lancers it will be much easier to make it look like the real deal.
Until they get pwned...
Rocky2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/19/2008, 02:31 AM   #77 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2004 GTO A4
KAREOKERO : who are you?
Is it me or does the rear bumper has a big resemblance to the 350z Nismo rear bumper?
KAREOKERO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/19/2008, 10:37 AM   #78 (permalink)

Rocky2 seems to be okayRocky2 seems to be okayRocky2 seems to be okayRocky2 seems to be okayRocky2 seems to be okayRocky2 seems to be okayRocky2 seems to be okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAREOKERO View Post
Is it me or does the rear bumper has a big resemblance to the 350z Nismo rear bumper?
Oh yeah, it kind of does. Except for the tailights.
Old 06/12/2008, 10:03 PM   #79 (permalink)
New Guy

Vehicle: gs
rdsx2690 : who are you?
Man i like that. but not the other 4g's before it
rdsx2690 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/15/2008, 12:12 PM   #80 (permalink)

If this was rear wheel drive, imagine what a tuning platform mitsubishi would have on their hands.
Old 06/25/2008, 11:48 AM   #81 (permalink)
Fullmetal

Vehicle: 90 GSX
TheBlckFalcon : who are you?TheBlckFalcon : who are you?TheBlckFalcon : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to TheBlckFalcon Send a message via MSN to TheBlckFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to TheBlckFalcon
Waiting for the Concept RA 2.2L turbo deisel rated 201hp / 310lbsft torque

That would on sick as hell to pull on someone on chicken grease...

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...ny/concepts.do
Always boosting, daily...

Last edited by TheBlckFalcon; 06/30/2008 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Sorry if I sound unclear...
TheBlckFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/25/2008, 03:14 PM   #82 (permalink)
Ass To Mouth

Vehicle: '86 CJ-7
rocketbass88 seems to be well-liked by allrocketbass88 seems to be well-liked by allrocketbass88 seems to be well-liked by allrocketbass88 seems to be well-liked by allrocketbass88 seems to be well-liked by allrocketbass88 seems to be well-liked by allrocketbass88 seems to be well-liked by allrocketbass88 seems to be well-liked by allrocketbass88 seems to be well-liked by allrocketbass88 seems to be well-liked by allrocketbass88 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to rocketbass88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky2 View Post
If this was rear wheel drive, imagine what a tuning platform mitsubishi would have on their hands.
That's the only way they're EVER going to get the tuner market back onto the Eclipse. AWD or RWD is the way to go for performance, even the F&F kiddies are starting to figure out how retarded it is to push lots of horsepower to the wheels that are steering you...
rocketbass88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/25/2008, 04:06 PM   #83 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
00TampaBlueGT seems to be okay00TampaBlueGT seems to be okay00TampaBlueGT seems to be okay00TampaBlueGT seems to be okay00TampaBlueGT seems to be okay00TampaBlueGT seems to be okay00TampaBlueGT seems to be okay00TampaBlueGT seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to 00TampaBlueGT
hope they keep that wheel gap! And the projectors look like a nice addition. Only if they were black instead of chrome!
00TampaBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/29/2008, 03:36 PM   #84 (permalink)

dreclipse : who are you?dreclipse : who are you?
i just opened my stock headlights and colormatched em, im sure it wouldnt be hard on the 09s.

dreclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/10/2008, 08:30 PM   #85 (permalink)
From the Internet

Vehicle: 2003 T19 Eclipse RS
Sh4d0wX7 has a few friends hereSh4d0wX7 has a few friends hereSh4d0wX7 has a few friends hereSh4d0wX7 has a few friends hereSh4d0wX7 has a few friends hereSh4d0wX7 has a few friends hereSh4d0wX7 has a few friends hereSh4d0wX7 has a few friends hereSh4d0wX7 has a few friends hereSh4d0wX7 has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to Sh4d0wX7 Send a message via Skype™ to Sh4d0wX7
It looks pretty nice, but I think I'll wait until the '11s come out. Every 5 or 6 years they get a new one.

Sh4d0wX7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/14/2008, 10:01 PM   #86 (permalink)

Vehicle: 00 Eclipse
Aroc : who are you?
Okay so lets be honest who's waiting for them to bring out a GT-S thats AWD and Turbo V-6!!!

Someone say Vroom Vroom Honestly if they managed to do this what would this do to all those people who bought and LOVED there turbo 2g's !!!
CMF catback exhaust
2.0 Drop on Sportline Springs
KYB AGX fully ajustible struts
Megan Short shifter
Megan Front strut bar
Soon to be*** 18" Boss 318 wrapped in Nankang NS2's
Aroc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/15/2008, 05:31 PM   #87 (permalink)
Your Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroc View Post
Okay so lets be honest who's waiting for them to bring out a GT-S thats AWD and Turbo V-6!!!

Someone say Vroom Vroom Honestly if they managed to do this what would this do to all those people who bought and LOVED there turbo 2g's !!!

They are not going to guy.
Old 07/18/2008, 07:09 PM   #88 (permalink)

braddock11223 : who are you?
i hated 4gs until this came out. i went and checked at my dealership the other day, if only i had an extra 25g layen around.
braddock11223 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/24/2008, 06:18 PM   #89 (permalink)
Sittin on Twangs

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
bizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okaybizflawless seems to be okay
im pretty sure we have one exactly like the yellow one in town at the dealership
bizflawless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/17/2008, 08:42 PM   #90 (permalink)

llzjayarzll : who are you?
convertible looks like a bathtub! 2nd to the 350z though lol
llzjayarzll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/23/2008, 05:15 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddock11223 View Post
i hated 4gs until this came out. i went and checked at my dealership the other day, if only i had an extra 25g layen around.
If I had an extra 25k laying around I'd be buying a 350z.
Old 03/05/2009, 04:57 PM   #92 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GT
Death4Life : who are you?
if i had a vag i would buy a 4g.
1 and 2g eclipse is a bandwagon buy, 3g is something different even if slow, 4g is a straight up chick car with 3.8l and still not enough power. like previously said awd and or turbo would take mitsubishi back to its glory days. or pull a hyundai and go with a hybrid performance couple like the genesis concept.
Death4Life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10/17/2009, 05:47 PM   #93 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 gts
vicske77 needs to be reminded to breathe.
still dont like the 4g... looks like an egg and for such a big motor is making no power... the upgrades on the 09 do look better but still not my taste... i would love to see turbo or awd but never will happen because it just takes the glory from the evo
vicske77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/03/2011, 05:59 PM   #94 (permalink)

En3rgiz3r : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Finally someone got a hold of some high resolution photos.

Amazing how a wing and a nose job can turn a so-so looking car into a show stopper.
I got this one, amazing car, only stock is amazing, we'll c what can i do with it
En3rgiz3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/03/2011, 06:01 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4d0wX7 View Post
It looks pretty nice, but I think I'll wait until the '11s come out. Every 5 or 6 years they get a new one.
11 didn't change so mutch, only cameras plus black rooth.
Old 04/03/2011, 06:05 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicske77 View Post
still dont like the 4g... looks like an egg and for such a big motor is making no power... the upgrades on the 09 do look better but still not my taste... i would love to see turbo or awd but never will happen because it just takes the glory from the evo
I have 2 agree with you eggy look is killing me, but this model i got with a spoiler, fixes lots of eggish look. Plus i will try to make a battle car from it.
I have 2 start with a subwoofer first.

I should probably have 2 start my project forum.
Old 04/13/2011, 04:32 PM   #97 (permalink)
Patty Cakes

Vehicle: Evo IX MR
Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by En3rgiz3r View Post
I have 2 agree with you eggy look is killing me, but this model i got with a spoiler, fixes lots of eggish look. Plus i will try to make a battle car from it.
I have 2 start with a subwoofer first.

I should probably have 2 start my project forum.
This is an internet message forum, not phone text messaging.

Are you really going to be this cheap to actually spell out the 2-letter word "to"? You've already done it once in your post. Does it inflict hurt on yourself to try to post like an educated adult?
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/14/2011, 06:08 AM   #98 (permalink)
Blue Waffle <-Google

Vehicle: Racecar
3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO3GSpyderGT Really needs to MTFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
This is an internet message forum, not phone text messaging.

Are you really going to be this cheap to actually spell out the 2-letter word "to"? You've already done it once in your post. Does it inflict hurt on yourself to try to post like an educated adult?
Get em Patrick!
3GSpyderGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 4G Eclipse General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in