SuperLube Horror story - Please Assist! - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 4G Eclipse General Discussion

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09/15/2012, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

SinShiva needs to be reminded to breathe.
Unhappy SuperLube Horror story - Please Assist!

Hello, I have a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. I'm officially a convert from vdub. The 2.4L engine is a beast. I've eaten up everything from the typical 'stangs to Porsches in Tally, FL. I know this probably reflects more on the skill of the drivers in town, as I would love me a Porsche...

Anyway, a few days ago i was driving on I-10. I was riding in 5th gear only going about 70/75mph. The car stopped dead in transit. I pulled over. Car was towed to a mechanic that I respect. I know the motor seemed to be leaking oil, but i mistakenly thought it was due to the age of the motor, at 92k miles. I was adding a couple of litres every few days. The engine just kept humming.

Anyway, on the side of the road, I tried a couple of times to restart the car. It would turn over, but die immediately. So, I removed the oil cap and smoke pours out. I sat and waited til the smoke stopped and tried starting it up again. The car turns over again and idles at ~400rpms. I tried to put it in gear and it found the task disagreeable; died again.

The mechanic informed me that there was an oil leak caused by a loose oil filter. (!!!) Talked to Superlube about the problem and they sent a guy out. They wont warranty anything because it's likely been too long since my last oil change. Turns out, they have no record at all of our most recent oil change. From their records, the last change was at 72k miles. So happens, we had an oil change done at their affiliate 'supercenter', which they also had a record of at their home office. This is the last oil change we had according to both superlube and 'supercenter's records at their home office. This is where it gets interesting; The oil filter has markings of being from Superlube, as proven by their District Manager in Tallahassee, FL. I asked him if it were possible that superlube supercenter could have put the old one back on when we got the oil changed; DM said "Impossible." We called the store he was representing and they admitted to 'losing invoices'.

Again: Last record of an oil change from either of the places as verified by their unified home office says last change was the supercenter. the oil filter has markings of having been from superlube, not their supercenter. Thus, the actual most recent oil change came from superlube, but they have no record of it. They refuse to honor anything. Aside from a seized motor, there are no broken parts or seals (SuperLube DM verified himself), and I know the oil was relatively clean, aside from the fact that it was all puddled under the motor.

The only reason I have a 'dead' motor is because somebody at SuperLube did not tighten the oil filter. My mechanic claims that it would be a chilly day in hell for the oil filter to come off of it's own accord. Superlube District Manager tried to tell me that the viscosity of the oil could have done nasty things. He's a dipshit.

Now, I understand that a seized motor is a _bad_ thing. However, even after the engine stopped abruptly while driving, I did actually manage to get it to start up. Several times, in fact. the last time it actually kept running until I put it into gear. I made no further attempts.

Does anybody think I could potentially unseize this motor? The thing seemed damn near indestructible to me. In the past, I had a timing belt break off at 82k miles. Was driving the car at a low rpm and it stopped. That was when i learned what an 'interference engine' was. Replaced the timing belts (and water pump) and NO DAMAGE!

I repeat my question, can this beast be saved? Should i spring for an attempt at having the mechanic do so? I have negative funds, so it'll be difficult for me to do much beyond that. Otherwise, it's figuring out how to get a new engine...

F*ck SuperLube.
SinShiva is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09/15/2012, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Protect this house

Vehicle: Yes
ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.
Dafaq cliffs
ccarrillo717 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09/15/2012, 07:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
ltbigbang : who are you?ltbigbang : who are you?
"2.4L is a beast, superlube supercenter are full of it, 2.4L is a beast, should I have a mechanic 'save' my motor"
ltbigbang is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 09/15/2012, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
CreepnIn The Shadows

Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Aqua Slug Champion!
Vehicle: 15 STI
3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all3gEclipse86 seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to 3gEclipse86
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinShiva View Post
Hello, I have a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. I'm officially a convert from vdub. The 2.4L engine is a beast. I've eaten up everything from the typical 'stangs to Porsches in Tally, FL. I know this probably reflects more on the skill of the drivers in town, as I would love me a Porsche...
Ok guy.
does anyone know anyway I can put a turbo on my 01 spyder gt. i don't want it for power i want it for the car shows. so anything would help. maybe i would like to get on it from time to time..
3gEclipse86 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09/15/2012, 07:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Protect this house

Vehicle: Yes
ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.ccarrillo717 is clearly one sexy bitch.
I've always wanted to know how mustangs taste, was it good?
ccarrillo717 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09/15/2012, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

SinShiva needs to be reminded to breathe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarrillo717 View Post
I've always wanted to know how mustangs taste, was it good?
Delectable.
SinShiva is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09/16/2012, 12:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Shut up.

Vehicle: 2007 Infiniti G35X
wright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends here
Send a message via MSN to wright06jhs
You lost me at "The 2.4L engine is a beast"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wright06jhs is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09/16/2012, 07:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fuck salt.

Vehicle: 2005 S2000 JDM Y0
JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.JermTheElf is clearly one sexy bitch.
Send a message via AIM to JermTheElf Send a message via Skype™ to JermTheElf
So let me get this straight. You love your beast of a car so much that you take it to superlube for oil changes? It's your own fault.

You can enjoy your straightaways; I prefer the turns.
JermTheElf is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09/16/2012, 07:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
A+ thread. Will read again.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

Chad is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09/16/2012, 01:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 Eclipse GT
Eclipse-GT : who are you?Eclipse-GT : who are you?
You eat Porsches with a N/A 2.4L eh?

It's a beast eh?

Unless there is no way you can possibly change your own oil your an idiot for having not done it yourself. It's one of the most simple things to do.

Old 09/16/2012, 01:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
We're not here for legal advice, go hire a lawyer.

Bitter is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 4G Eclipse General Discussion

Tags
2.4l, seized, superlube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in