SuperLube Horror Story: Pt. Deux - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 4G Eclipse General Discussion

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09/24/2012, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

SinShiva needs to be reminded to breathe.
SuperLube Horror Story: Pt. Deux

As some of you may have read in my prior post, I explained that SuperLube would not honor their commitments to customer satisfaction as well as pride in their service. Their Vice President has indeed elected not to replace my motor.

My mechanic agreed to a sworn affidavit in regards to an oil filter properly adhered would not under any circumstances come off and that a loose one would over time/mileage, exacerbate the problem. We also spoke with Mitsubishi (REF: 1237402207), in which they said the same thing, after speaking with their own mechanics. Mitsubishi also said that the amount of mileage one could travel on a loose oil filter before the leak becoming too fast and seizing the motor would indeed not be quantifiable. We asked this question directly because the Vice President of SuperLube said that nobody could travel with a loose Oil Filter for even 100 miles. (or less)

Their Vice President said their warranty is 3000 miles or 3 months. Mitsubishi owners, keep in mind that Mitsubishi's warranty is good for 7500 miles. Perhaps the reason for this being that their mechanics have the strength in their hands to properly adhere an Oil Filter.

SuperLube, your negligence is intolerable. Unfortunately, I feel it has become my responsibility to alert the Mitsubishi, VW/Audi and other worthier automobile communities. Of course, other media outlets such as YouTube will become invaluable in my endeavors.

Finally, SuperLube's Vice President tried to use this forum (Club3G) against me claiming that I said I was 'racing'. I don't believe I've made that indication anywhere.

I am following up merely to inform the people of this forum SuperLube's intentions after learning of their own mechanics' negligence and to alert the users that they will use this forum against you.

Cheers.
SinShiva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09/24/2012, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, '16 Jeep GC
Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Drunkoffjuic
I'm sorry, why didnt you post this in your other thread?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All images appearing on club3g.com posted by user "Drunkoffjuic" aka Eric Nemcek, are the exclusive property of Eric Nemcek and are protected under the United States and International Copyright laws.

The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of Eric Nemcek .

Use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration (digital, artist rendering or alike) is a violation of the United States and International Copyright laws. All images are copyrighted 2006 - 2016 Eric Nemcek .
Drunkoffjuic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/24/2012, 04:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

It was locked, but that doesn't concern me. Feel free to merge the threads, mods.

Old 09/24/2012, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

To the vw guys on another forum (easier to keep it here) the rate of the oil leak became apparently faster about a week before the motor seized. Prior to, the rate of the leak resembled burning oil like my 97 jetta had done. (Say, 2 litres every few weeks) There was no oil on the ground in the driveway, so I assume it leaked more with the vibration attributed to driving the car. Really, I was just a few days away from getting the oil change. Paying for gas (amongst other things) pretty much kept it from happening sooner.

'Eating' other cars is just a matter of interpretation. I never went over 60mph unless it was highway driving, but even then I must admit the car was better suited for 0-50mph (3rd). After that, I know 6 cylinders generally have the advantage. What I loved about the 4cyl was the rpms could fly up and down again, a lot of fun for windy roads. I don't know where people are getting that this car has bad gas mileage. It was a bit better than my jetta and worlds beyond anything american I've driven.

Finally, there was one guy here in tally that I admit, was a stellar mustang driver. I say 'was' because last time I drove by his house, I think he went back to his sti roots. To hell with mustangs.
Old 09/24/2012, 10:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GTX
Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
First off, it doesn't matter how fast you go, a side by side comparison as such is racing.

Second off, sure it might have been superlube's fault but a couple liters of oil in ANY circumstance, particularly over the course of a couple days should prompt immediate attention on any automobile under any circumstance.

Thirdly, warranty has been a joke term for us even longer than it has for you.

Moral of the story: don't be a pussy, change your own god forsaken oil and if you're going to be a pussy then go to the dealership. I had my oil changed at Tires Plus the day after I bought my car, I was 16 and there was two feet of snow on the ground and I had no tools or know how. They put 6.5 quarts of oil in it resulting in it spraying oil throughout my engine bay. Was it their fault? Yes, but I should've checked the oil level before I even drove away. When you pay anything less then 40$ for an oil change you should expect nothing less. Tech's at those places get maybe 2$ for the job, what do they care?
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 4G Eclipse General Discussion

Tags
1237402207, seized, superlube, vice-president

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in