Looking at new purchase of 2007 Eclipse GT, and need opinions!! - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 4G Eclipse General Discussion

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07/31/2013, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

comatoast needs to be reminded to breathe.
Looking at new purchase of 2007 Eclipse GT, and need opinions!!

So my GF and I are looking at a new car for her and in typical girl fashion she wants the cute little car with the fat ass.. Just wondering if this is a good motor/car , the motor LOOKS amazing, but also looks expensive.. Any feed back would be great.. Im trying to get the car for 7K, but it will need a timing belt, as it has 109k and I believe has never been done

http://duluth.craigslist.org/cto/3920333787.html
comatoast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08/01/2013, 02:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Vehicle: 1990 BNR32
kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.
Send a message via AIM to kabob Send a message via MSN to kabob
Nah, they're relatively inexpensive to fix and maintain. I don't know if that's a good price (go check pricing guides), but if your girl likes the styling, go for it.

kabob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/01/2013, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

comatoast needs to be reminded to breathe.
Really? I heard that 3.8 was a bear to get at and is an extremely expensive motor....

Regardless I still think they are asking for trouble with no timing belt change after 109k miles
comatoast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08/01/2013, 06:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
You'd probably find more information on the platform at Club4g.org. Considering it's a generation newer than ours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/03/2013, 02:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
More guns than sense

kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.kabob is God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comatoast View Post
Really? I heard that 3.8 was a bear to get at and is an extremely expensive motor....

Regardless I still think they are asking for trouble with no timing belt change after 109k miles
By who?

Timing belt isn't a huge deal, either. Just requires good instructions, good tools, ability to follow directions, and time. Or pay someone some hundreds of dollars and get it done. Knock the cost off what you're willing to pay for the car.

Old 08/03/2013, 02:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
More guns than sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
You'd probably find more information on the platform at Club4g.org. Considering it's a generation newer than ours.
We have a 4G forum, I'm moving this there.

Old 11/04/2013, 06:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

3gturbos can pretty much be considered an idiot by all
Quote:
Originally Posted by comatoast View Post

Ever looked under the hood of a 3000gt vr4? You can't even see the back turbo so compared to that the eclipse is simple. Agreed on that timing belt. I'm not sure if they make one for the gt but I run a kevlar belt on my 4 banger
3gturbos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/04/2013, 08:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
OrangeDemon : who are you?OrangeDemon : who are you?
I changed my belt at 105k which is stock recommendation if you don't do it at 60k. U can buy used 3.8 6g75 engines for about a grand right now . Aftermarket support is low but I'm one if the few that supports and continues to produce new products for the 4g platform. I also have a YouTube channel dedicated to his too videos for the 4g. If you have any questions I'm pretty much the go to guy

Sent from my DROID RAZR
OrangeDemon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 4G Eclipse General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in