Accident and Repairs - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 4G Eclipse General Discussion

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11/15/2013, 05:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

alv1985 : who are you?alv1985 : who are you?alv1985 : who are you?alv1985 : who are you?
Accident and Repairs

I have a 2011 Eclipse that was just in a minor accident

Long story short, someone hit me on the highway from the rear, which pushed me into the car in front of me. My car is driveable by all means, but did sustain damage to the front and rear. Cosmetically, my rear bumper was pushed down across the entire back and BAD scratches along the bottom. My front bumper on the right is pulled down as well as my hood is bent by the headlight. The only issues that I notice since the accident in terms of driving is that it is much louder when accelerating and my gas mileage has dropped as well.

I am taking it in to get an estimate later today but am unsure of what to have them be sure to look at (it's a shop that the other guys insurance recommended so I'm not sure how trustworthy they're going to be). I know to havethem look at the frame, but anything else besides that? Also, any reasons that it would be driving louder or bad gas mileage? The other guys insurance will be paying for all repairs and a rental, so I want to make sure I get everything taken care of.
alv1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11/15/2013, 06:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
You should know your rights as an insured driver. You DON'T have to go to the shop they "recommend." You can go anywhere you'd like. So do a google/bing search, find a quality (probably expensive) and high end autobody shop, call them up and see if they can work with the insurance company you're dealing with; then notify the company that's where you're going. From there, the repair shop and company will be working with one another. DEMAND A CAR TO DRIVE WHILE YOURS IS IN THE SHOP.

That is if the other guy was at fault, which that is what it sounds like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11/15/2013, 06:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

alv1985 : who are you?alv1985 : who are you?alv1985 : who are you?alv1985 : who are you?
That's what I had thought (about not having to go to a shop they recommended). I'm going get an estimate today, but does that mean that I will have to use that shop for the repairs as well? There doesn't look to be any major damange, but I know more can be damaged in terms of the frame or deeper than just the bumper. I would rather take it to a shop with a good reputation than one picked off of a computer screen.

The other guy was found to be completely at fault, so my rental and all repairs are covered, thankfully!! I just want to make sure everything gets fixed correctly and nothing is missed but also know that I'm a younger girl and will look "clueless" in terms of repairs...I feel like I'm an easy target to let repairs slide by! (Whether that is true or not in regards to auto shops doing this, I don't know...)

I love my car and would hate to see more problems down the road.

Old 11/15/2013, 06:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
Cancel the appointment for the estimate (if you start the process at the "shady shop", you may have complete it there too. Do as I said, and after cancelling the first estimate make an appointment for an estimate/drop off at the good shop.

Take it from a guy who's been down this road a few times.

Old 11/15/2013, 06:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Haha, typical eclipse driver, huh??

Any tips for what anything I should ask them when I do take it in? I've never had an accident more than a small fender bender, so this is all new to me!
Old 11/15/2013, 07:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

A quality repair shop does a test drive once the car is done, just to verify everything is working right. When you drop it off for repair, make sure whatever adviser you drop it off with writes down you "complaints" on the repair order.

Old 11/15/2013, 07:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

By the way, good job posting this in the correct section. Seems like 90% of the new members that join here can't get past the simple requirement of reading any more. So kudos to you. +rep

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 4G Eclipse General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in