Difference between these cold air intakes? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 4G Eclipse General Discussion

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06/23/2014, 02:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Alec needs to be reminded to breathe.
Difference between these cold air intakes?

I'm looking to purchase a cold air intake for my automatic '07 Eclipse GS. I was looking at these two Injen intakes, which have two different images, but no real difference is listed. Is there a real difference between these?

06-07 Mitsubishi Eclipse L4 2.4L Injen Cold Air Intake System

06-07 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4-Cyl. 2.4 Injen Cold Air Intake System
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06/23/2014, 04:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
*Under Construction*

Vehicle: 2003 GTS 5spd
BioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFO
No. Intakes dont do anything but make the rest of the exhaust sound a bit louder/better. No performance gain rly. Also u have a 4g on club3g. But thats ok no harm
BioHazarD_6G72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/23/2014, 06:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

jkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFO
Way too much money just for a name. No payback at all performance wise. Get a cheap one off ebay or amazon or build your own. It's all the same crap. Some piping, connectors and a filter.
jkeaton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06/23/2014, 08:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Foolish-Pleasure

Vehicle: 2000 eclipse gt
FoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFO
yup if its a hundred dollars cai or a 30$ cai they all do the same thing. your just paying for a name basically.
FoolishMindz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/23/2014, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GS-T
Boost 44203 : who are you?Boost 44203 : who are you?Boost 44203 : who are you?Boost 44203 : who are you?Boost 44203 : who are you?
You know in most cases, cai decrease horsepower compared to a factory intake.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Boost 44203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/23/2014, 10:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Willful Aspirer

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse Spyder GTS
gabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by manygabessdsp is well-liked by many
Send a message via Skype™ to gabessdsp
I got a CAI, I don't have more or less performance, and I get the same gas mileage. The only thing that changed was I got more room in my engine bay, I worry more about taking in water, and I have a deeper sound above 2,500 RPM's
gabessdsp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/23/2014, 12:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Foolish-Pleasure

FoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFOFoolishMindz Really needs to MTFO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost 44203 View Post
You know in most cases, cai decrease horsepower compared to a factory intake.

damn I didn't know that at all. do you know why or how?
Old 06/23/2014, 12:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
*Under Construction*

BioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFOBioHazarD_6G72 Really needs to MTFO
Not like its gonna be enuf to tell. Mayb 1 or 2. Ide rather my RAI give my car that nice whistle and exhaust tone . Plus just looks better
Old 06/23/2014, 01:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeaton View Post
Way too much money just for a name. No payback at all performance wise. Get a cheap one off ebay or amazon or build your own. It's all the same crap. Some piping, connectors and a filter.
Wrong. AEM, Injen, K&N do alot of R&D. Mounting it a huge difference. Those cheap turds off ebay are crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishMindz View Post
yup if its a hundred dollars cai or a 30$ cai they all do the same thing. your just paying for a name basically.
You pay for piece of mind. Did you know all of those crappy cheap intake have no mounting points? Which cause hose clamps to come loose, which causes unmeasured air to get in the system. Not only that, they corrode from the inside out (at least mine did when I was young, dumb, and cheap.)

OP you're doing the right thing. Get a quality part, with warranty, and a good nights sleep at the end of the day knowing you have a good product, and not something made in a Chinese sweatshop by 5 year olds. Looks like the biggest difference in both of those links is one has an intake shield, the other doesn't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/23/2014, 03:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Eclipse GS
Menace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by all
^^ this x10. My first intake was an eBay and due to not having proper mounting tabs, engine vibration eventually rubbed a hole in the tube. Spend the extra money and get a quality part.
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/23/2014, 03:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
My Snail's Bigger =P

Vehicle: 03 GS-T/98 Expedition(EB)
03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all03Quicksilver3G seems to be well-liked by all
The 2 posts above sum up everything. You buy a cheap product and thats what you will get.

My Quicksilver 3G:

Sponsored by: Mishimoto
03Quicksilver3G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/23/2014, 04:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Foolish-Pleasure

I have a question.. is there really a difference between CAI and sri besides noise and air temp? my car came with a sri k&n typhoon when I bought it. 2yrs ago
Old 06/23/2014, 04:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Patty Cakes

Vehicle: Evo IX MR
Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.Patrick is God.
Quote:
I have a question.. is there really a difference between CAI and sri besides noise and air temp? my car came with a sri k&n typhoon when I bought it. 2yrs ago
On paper, yes. In practice, nothing any of us will ever notice.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/23/2014, 04:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Foolish-Pleasure

thanks for clearing that up
Old 06/23/2014, 05:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 Eclipse GS-T
Boost 44203 : who are you?Boost 44203 : who are you?Boost 44203 : who are you?Boost 44203 : who are you?Boost 44203 : who are you?
Quote:
damn I didn't know that at all. do you know why or how?
Not at all but I can send you the link to a very informative video if you care to be amazed. Cuz I was like seriously?...

Boost 44203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/23/2014, 06:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
*Under Construction*

My first purchase for my car was injen ram air intake and injen catback. Both from andyautosport. No probs yet. I for one like injen and the sri. But thats just me
Old 06/23/2014, 08:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Foolish-Pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost 44203 View Post
Not at all but I can send you the link to a very informative video if you care to be amazed. Cuz I was like seriously?...

yes please if you can
Old 06/23/2014, 08:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

jkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFOjkeaton Really needs to MTFO
Since I only keep cars on average of 2-3 years, I go cheap wherever I can. I learn to make things work that may not be perfectly engineered for a particular vehicle by boatloads of R&D and the added cost associated with it (along with the "name"). I put it back to stock when I'm done having fun with it, sell it and move on to something else. Just my personal experiences. Nothing right or wrong about having opinions. OP, do what you want. Good advise here from all parts of the spectrum. If you want to brag to your friends you have a brand name CAI, then go for it. If you want to tell them you have a CAI and leave it at that, then go for that then. It's your car.

Last edited by jkeaton; 06/23/2014 at 09:17 PM.
jkeaton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Eclipse General Discussion > 4G Eclipse General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in