Factory stereo security code - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Car Audio and Electronics

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10/06/2004, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

tool : who are you?
Factory stereo security code

After reconnecting my battery, i needed to input the security code. I didnt have my card, but had an idea of what the 4 digit code was. I tried 3 times, but the only thing i could remember was that my memory sucks.

Now the POS has locked me out. Apparently, you only get 3 shots at entering the code properly. The manual says to see the stealership for assistance. I am hoping that maybe someone here can tell me what i need to do so as to avoid the stealership.

BTW, whoever thought that anti-theft thing was a good idea should be shot.
tool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10/06/2004, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Rider

Vehicle: 2001 Jeep WJ
RULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club existsRULINGCHAOS is one of the reasons this club exists
It is different with every car. You have to go to your dealer.

Things I live for - Coffee and garlic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RULINGCHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/09/2006, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Vehicle: '03 Eclipse GTP
JT-Eclipse03 : who are you?
I know this is an old thread..and maybe you figured it out by now, but similarly on my MX6..the dealer code was 4 zeros... 0 0 0 0. That's all they used.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JT-Eclipse03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12/10/2006, 12:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

alugard4590 needs to be reminded to breathe.
all you need to do is call a dealership and give them the number off the stereo and they will say 9322 thats mine i called just a week ago
alugard4590 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/10/2006, 12:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lubisz To Suko!

Vehicle: 2012 Subaru Impreza STI
cinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by manycinek10 is well-liked by many
Send a message via AIM to cinek10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alugard4590 View Post
all you need to do is call a dealership and give them the number off the stereo and they will say 9322 thats mine i called just a week ago
ok, now WTF does that help
cinek10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/10/2006, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
LOVES OHIO STATE

Vehicle: 2014 PB EVO GSR
ClipseGT2K4 has a few friends hereClipseGT2K4 has a few friends hereClipseGT2K4 has a few friends hereClipseGT2K4 has a few friends hereClipseGT2K4 has a few friends hereClipseGT2K4 has a few friends hereClipseGT2K4 has a few friends hereClipseGT2K4 has a few friends hereClipseGT2K4 has a few friends hereClipseGT2K4 has a few friends here
Send a message via AIM to ClipseGT2K4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool View Post

BTW, whoever thought that anti-theft thing was a good idea should be shot.

Myabe if you werent such a moron and kept your security code you wouldnt have this problem. Ill bet if your car gets broken into or stolen, your tune will change in a hurry.....
ClipseGT2K4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/10/2006, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sehnsucht

8 Ball Champion Champion!
Vehicle: 2013 370Z
Zrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be new
Send a message via AIM to Zrocks04
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipseGT2K4 View Post
Myabe if you werent such a moron and kept your security code you wouldnt have this problem. Ill bet if your car gets broken into or stolen, your tune will change in a hurry.....
let's not be flaming people outside of OT. thank you

anyway, this is an old thread and the only way to get the code redone or reset is to go to the dealership
Hey what's up guys...quick question. I know its 2 quarts of oil for the rear diff when replacing fluid but thats conventional oil. Since I'm putting synthetic, it may require more. I couldnt find any info on this so I would like to know what the amount of quarts with synthetic would be for the rear diff. Thanks in advance.
Zrocks04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/10/2006, 11:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
MINI by proxy

Vehicle: 2007 MINI Cooper S
00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrocks04 View Post
let's not be flaming people outside of OT. thank you

anyway, this is an old thread and the only way to get the code redone or reset is to go to the dealership
negative. Leave your door open for about an hour with the key in the on position (if you've got a good charge on batt.) or engine running (if you've got gas to burn).
The stereo will reset to accept the code. Call your local dealership(s) in the meantime, and find a friendly/helpful service rep. Give them the serial number printed on top of your Head Unit. A few seconds and keystrokes later, you're in.

Profit.

My ambitious "Eclipsed(EVO)" plans for my GS:

__(n00bish fumblings)

_(local inspiration)

____(turbo options)

See where I'm going with this? ...right back into debt.

Last edited by 00TampaBlueGS; 12/10/2006 at 11:21 AM.
00TampaBlueGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/10/2006, 11:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
kickin it old school

Vehicle: 1995 Camaro Z28 (t56)
bd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okaybd3g5 seems to be okay
Send a message via AIM to bd3g5
Look in your manual...i found mine in there.
bd3g5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/10/2006, 01:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sam
Generally Bitter Admin

Vehicle: Not a 3G
Sam has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipseGT2K4 View Post
Myabe if you werent such a moron and kept your security code you wouldnt have this problem.
This isn't Off Topic, if you had bothered to read the top of this forum, you would have realized behavior like yours isn't tolerated. Look in the mirror before you start labeling someone a moron.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/10/2006, 01:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sehnsucht

Zrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be newZrocks04 - if you don't know me, you must be new
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00TampaBlueGS View Post
negative. Leave your door open for about an hour with the key in the on position (if you've got a good charge on batt.) or engine running (if you've got gas to burn).
The stereo will reset to accept the code. Call your local dealership(s) in the meantime, and find a friendly/helpful service rep. Give them the serial number printed on top of your Head Unit. A few seconds and keystrokes later, you're in.

Profit.

he still had to go to the dealership to get it done, whether a phone call or in person. unless you feel like prying into your radio section (which i remember as being a PITA) just to get some number off of the head unit i woudl rather go to the dealer and have it done anyway.
Hey what's up guys...quick question. I know its 2 quarts of oil for the rear diff when replacing fluid but thats conventional oil. Since I'm putting synthetic, it may require more. I couldnt find any info on this so I would like to know what the amount of quarts with synthetic would be for the rear diff. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Zrocks04; 12/10/2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12/10/2006, 10:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
MINI by proxy

00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide00TampaBlueGS is recognized club-wide
^I've swapped THREE different stock units into my ride. None of them were exactly a "PITA", and two of the three had codes that I acquired using above method. (The third was an '03, thus ...codeless! ) The serial # is printed on the top of the unit. You don't have to do anything, really, except pull the front bezel off. Usually, labor costs are involved should you choose to "go to the dealer and have it done".... unecessary and normally exhorbitant costs.
I'm just sharing my experiences with the intention of helping out fellow Eclipse owners.

__(n00bish fumblings)

_(local inspiration)

____(turbo options)

Old 12/11/2006, 10:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Hello :)

Vehicle: 08 Evo X /00 GS
Clipse3GS seems to be well-liked by allClipse3GS seems to be well-liked by allClipse3GS seems to be well-liked by allClipse3GS seems to be well-liked by allClipse3GS seems to be well-liked by allClipse3GS seems to be well-liked by allClipse3GS seems to be well-liked by allClipse3GS seems to be well-liked by allClipse3GS seems to be well-liked by allClipse3GS seems to be well-liked by allClipse3GS seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to Clipse3GS
If you call a dealership and give them your radio number (it is on the top of the unit) they will give it to you for free and walk you through how to put it in. At the end of putting in teh code you must press CD/FM at the same time, or a similar combination.
Old 12/11/2006, 05:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sehnsucht

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00TampaBlueGS View Post
^I've swapped THREE different stock units into my ride. None of them were exactly a "PITA", and two of the three had codes that I acquired using above method. (The third was an '03, thus ...codeless! ) The serial # is printed on the top of the unit. You don't have to do anything, really, except pull the front bezel off. Usually, labor costs are involved should you choose to "go to the dealer and have it done".... unecessary and normally exhorbitant costs.
I'm just sharing my experiences with the intention of helping out fellow Eclipse owners.
now see, doing it three times made you an expert at removing the radio, where i only did it once... to get rid of that POS radio and replace it with a better one
Old 12/11/2006, 06:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
MINI by proxy

^ I wanted a CD changer.... for cheap.
Went from 1disk/tape -> 4disk/tape (bad motor..still has my CD ) -> 6disk/fuckatape

My point, however, was that removal isn't necessary just to get the code. At most, you might have to unscrew the four mounting points and pull the unit forward.... but mostly the stickers are within plain view upon bezel removal.

__(n00bish fumblings)

_(local inspiration)

____(turbo options)

Old 12/24/2006, 12:36 AM   #16 (permalink)

GtMikey : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3g5 View Post
Look in your manual...i found mine in there.
which manual did you find it in? what page?
GtMikey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/24/2006, 12:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ej

Ej : who are you?
Call the dealer, Tell them you need the code for a **** and the will give it to you... mine was 0083 i think... Not hard. You can do it!
Ej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12/26/2006, 10:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
Resident Asshole

Vehicle: 2g stratus 2g eclipse
PharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by allPharmEcis seems to be well-liked by all
Send a message via AIM to PharmEcis
The code is not printed in the manual. If you bought the car new there should have been a double card that had the 4 digit code printed on it. If you need your radio code there are 2 options.

First... Goto the dealer and pay $50 for them to pull the radio bezel and find the serial # of the radio. They will then use their software and give you the code.

Second, pull the 2 damn screws for the bezel yourself and get the serial # for the radio. Then call your local dealership and give them the serial # and get the code.

Those are your only 2 options. The mumbo jumbo about leaving your door open for an hour is a bs.

2007 NASA TTR National Champions!
2008 Redline Time Attack Summit Point Unlimited FWD 3rd Place!

FIRST PNP AEM EMS! FIRST 3.8L 6G75 MIVEC SWAP IN THE WORLD!

I sell custom turbo kits for the 3G.

I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter. Im just saying...
PharmEcis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/01/2007, 03:22 PM   #19 (permalink)

3gHIDgt : who are you?
pull your radio out and take the number to a dealer and say u need the code thats what i did and it was free. takes 5 min to get the radio out
3gHIDgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/07/2007, 08:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
MINI by proxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmEcis View Post
Those are your only 2 options. The mumbo jumbo about leaving your door open for an hour is a bs.
That "mumbo jumbo" is not a technique to get the code, however.
Supposedly, it's how you RESET the headunit for code input. If you're dumb/daring enough to try your luck guessing the code, the input gets locked after the third try. I've never been so dumb/daring myself, but I've heard it works...

__(n00bish fumblings)

_(local inspiration)

____(turbo options)

Old 01/09/2007, 11:53 PM   #21 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
matt803 : who are you?
Send a message via ICQ to matt803 Send a message via AIM to matt803 Send a message via Yahoo to matt803
When i bought my car i didnt get a card with the code. when i changed the batt in my car i called a friend that works at a repair shop and gave him the SN ontop of the radio. its easy to get to. you do not need to take it out. there should be two screws on the bottom you take off and clips at the top. make sure you write down the code they give you and put where u will remember it.

If you need me to get your code send me your SN and i will get the code for you

Matt
matt803 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/26/2007, 08:27 AM   #22 (permalink)

Tcarnage is similar to TE
I have my code, 0450.. but how the hell do I insert my code into the radio for it to work again?

Thanks
Tcarnage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/26/2007, 09:14 AM   #23 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT
matt803 : who are you?
Send a message via ICQ to matt803 Send a message via AIM to matt803 Send a message via Yahoo to matt803
I used the 1,2,3,4 buttons on the deck. then when you have the code in there hit the AM/FM button.
matt803 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/26/2007, 06:16 PM   #24 (permalink)

Tcarnage is similar to TE
i got 1,2,3,4 but no 0.. when should i put it in? right when i turn on the car? or with the key just turned in?
Tcarnage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/26/2007, 10:18 PM   #25 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
1LarryLB : who are you?1LarryLB : who are you?1LarryLB : who are you?
turn on the ignition switch, radio display should be asking for code, press
number 1 (i think) ,keep pressing until the 0 appears, now go to the next
number in the code -4- use the number 2 button and keep pressing until
the 4 shows, etc. when all the code is in press CD and ur radio should be set.
1LarryLB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/29/2007, 10:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
Corner Carver

Vehicle: BMW 330i
mko9 has a few friends heremko9 has a few friends heremko9 has a few friends heremko9 has a few friends heremko9 has a few friends heremko9 has a few friends heremko9 has a few friends heremko9 has a few friends heremko9 has a few friends here
MODS: This is covered in the FAQ, but in a cusory way. Maybe a better explanation will someday eliminate one of these REPEATED "Help! My radio doesn't work" threads...
'04 BMW 330i (ZHP)
'11 BMW 535i
'12 Land Rover LR4 HSE
mko9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/06/2016, 07:58 PM   #27 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2001 Eclipse GT Spyder
Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.Bri01Spyder is God.
Either way, thanks to this thread and others, I was able to reset my radio after I replaced my battery today. What a pain, luckily I was able to find the card that had the code on it -- well at least one of the cards. Lord knows where I put the other one, LOL.

Bri01Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02/09/2016, 07:28 AM   #28 (permalink)

Vehicle: Eclipse Spyder GT
citizen01 : who are you?
There are a few vids on youtube showing exactly how to remove the cover around the audio unit (looks like 2 screws). Once it is removed, the vids shows the presenter removing the face plate and the mounting screws (looks like 4 screws). The vid explains which numbers to write down and give to the rep @ 1-888-648-7820. Finally, it shows how to enter the code, which will unlock or re activate the audio unit. My caution is this: be careful when you remove the cover. Don't over tighten the screws when you replace them. You don't want to create any opportunity for unnecessary rattles or buzzes when you hit bumps. The following vid is from a pretty good DIY and the most helpful of the the vids that I have watched. There are some that say you can use a dental mirror to get the #'s but I am not certain about that.

https://youtu.be/AqnYF_Te_4o
citizen01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09/04/2017, 12:16 AM   #29 (permalink)

bhg02gt : who are you?
One caveat with the video. DO NOT remove the faceplate, just the 4 screws to move the stereo forward just enough to see the numbers. I agree, it's super easy. Mitsubishi on their website asks for the stereo model number, which is also on top of the stereo. If only their website would take the info and give me a code. Had to chat with the dealership and wait until their service department is open, which I doubt is tomorrow, Labor Day. Looks like only my regular job, no labor on the eclipse.?
bhg02gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Car Audio and Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in