rear view mirror LED blinks like an alarm ??? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Car Audio and Electronics

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/08/2018, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: H22 Accord, 05 Eclipse GT
o5eclipse can pretty much be considered an idiot by all
rear view mirror LED blinks like an alarm ???

i have noticed lately my 2 led lights on my rear view mirror blink once every 3 to 5 mins when the car is off, sort of like an alarm but my car has no alarm besides the oem kill switch... what could this be? any ideas

lately ive done alot of electrical works
big 3 is done all 0 awg gauge CCA (replacing with pure copper friday), battery to alternator, battery ground to chassis, and motor... brand new alternator 85 amp.... replacing this with a 180a on friday

full led interior, all lights are now led
light bar
most recently installed 3000 watts of audio
1x mono rockville 2000/1000 rms amp supplies 2 alpine r12s
1x 4ch soundstream pn4.1000D supplies kicker cs 6x9, cs 6.5, bzrk 2" tweeters

any ideas on the mirror light blinking randomly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCjAAMCHlBw

Last edited by o5eclipse; 01/20/2018 at 10:27 PM.
o5eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/09/2018, 07:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Do you have any videos of JUST the issue you're having? I skimmed through 5 minutes in the first one and didn't see the rear view mirror once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/20/2018, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

update below

Last edited by o5eclipse; 01/20/2018 at 10:36 PM.

Old 01/20/2018, 10:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

here is a video
happened 4 times in 4 mins
Old 01/21/2018, 09:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
That's not factory, it's very likely your car does have an aftermarket alarm installed somewhere under the dash. Why it only blinks sometimes I have no idea, probably the LED flasher part is cheap shit Autozone junk and just doesn't work all the time anymore. It's been baking in the Cali sun for probably 10 years now.

Bitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/25/2018, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

PandaSteak : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5eclipse View Post
here is a video
happened 4 times in 4 mins
If i could input anything, i would say it might be an alarm somewhere. check your lower left kick panel, check behind the dash in that general area for a valet switch. Even check for extra wiring to the battery area.

If you rule out the alarm, than I was in the same shoes recently. my rear view mirror lights were going on and off here and there. For my car, it was that little switch that turns them off when the door is closed. Got a new one and hasn't happened again......yet
PandaSteak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Car Audio and Electronics

Tags
audio install, led, problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in