Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

02 3.5L GT-T 1/8 mile

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  02meclipsegt 
#1 ·
My car where you can see the number on there 3 different places:

The 3 different time slips with my number on them:

Those were done on 7psi and street tires with no adjustments made to anything (tires, suspension, etc).

See less See more
#4 ·
Never had a build thread, and I have way too much stuff to remember everything.

I have plenty of top end to make a good 1/4 mile. I should easily trap over 100mph. my GTO did the 1/8 in the same exact time in the same exact lane, so I'm happy for now. Upgrading the clutch and flywheel very soon and plan on running at least 10psi.

#6 ·
Who you raced in the middle slip (i believe the first run of the day) was freaking taking a nap at the light :lol:.

#14 ·
Armondo was in town the other day, but he didn't have his 3G, he had his 2nd Gen GST. Well, that car needs more traction! I could hear him spinning the tires like crazy as I was pulling away.

The slip in the middle was against a 01ish Mustang Cobra twin turbo, I'm not lying either. I think he broke something or did something wrong because I didnt see him again for the rest of the night.
Nice time man.... the rematch hasn't happened yet unfortunately. Turns out it wasn't a grenaded clutch... the differential was the problem. I ordered a tranny for my 3g this morning, it should be here by wednesday of this coming week. After that, on the weekend it will be in.

Damian, I'm 90% sure im going down there from the 15th to ATLEAST the 17th (i hate my work place.... leave rules suck). If so, I'm taking the 3g.... Rematch?

#9 ·
Armondo was in town the other day, but he didn't have his 3G, he had his 2nd Gen GST. Well, that car needs more traction! I could hear him spinning the tires like crazy as I was pulling away.

The slip in the middle was against a 01ish Mustang Cobra twin turbo, I'm not lying either. I think he broke something or did something wrong because I didnt see him again for the rest of the night.

#11 ·
Reaction times don't matter unless you're racing in a competition, and they have nothing to do with the ET. If you're just doing test/tune, it's much more important to take your time and concentrate on the launch. A good launch will give a lower ET and it will reduce the risk of breaking something. Good reaction times come with experience and should be the last thing on someone's mind if they're new to drag racing.

#15 ·
Thanks Silvertune. I'll clean up the engine bay a bit and post some pics.

Armondo, I'm working nights then, so let me know this time asshole!! I have to change out my plugs, cylinder 2 misfire. Goin to changet he gap from .035 to .030. I'm hoping that will help my lean idle as well. But the rematch, well, is a must! I should have my cf hatch installed by then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.