Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums (https://www.club3g.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eclipse Graveyard (https://www.club3g.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   DemonEcliples' 3G Eclipse Totaled (https://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149165)

DemonEclipse 06/23/2011 10:17 PM

DemonEcliples' 3G Eclipse Totaled
 
R.I.P Eclipse :(

Avoiding a speeding SUV on the way to work. Spun out but counter steered to avoid any other cars (I was the only one to crash....remarkably at 8:00 am during decent traffic).

http://i56.tinypic.com/27ybyqf.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/20rmyys.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/ngq83r.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/e8skfl.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zdmdqc.jpg

My next car will ... something sensible, reliable, good on gas, and with a good re-sale value

Chad 06/23/2011 10:25 PM

Sorry for the loss man. Looked really clean. Glad you're ok though :).


P.S. That'll buff right out ;)

S Train 06/23/2011 10:27 PM

Damn. You ok?

DemonEclipse 06/23/2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 3096308)
Sorry for the loss man. Looked really clean. Glad you're ok though :).


P.S. That'll buff right out ;)

Haha, yeah I wish. I will truly miss my 3G. Maybe one day I'll come across a stock, clean, well kept 3G for a second...fun car.

DemonEclipse 06/23/2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S Train (Post 3096310)
Damn. You ok?

Just goes to show how safe this car is. I walked away without a scratch.

finesse49ers 06/23/2011 11:55 PM

Da-damn!! Good to know you're OK. Good luck with the EVO X.

chavezeclipse 06/24/2011 12:03 AM

better the car than you. sucks that happened but at least you are replacing it with an even better car. hopefully things will go better with that

DemonEclipse 06/24/2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finesse49ers (Post 3096379)
Da-damn!! Good to know you're OK. Good luck with the EVO X.

Thanks, could have been A LOT worse!

DemonEclipse 06/24/2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chavezeclipse (Post 3096388)
better the car than you. sucks that happened but at least you are replacing it with an even better car. hopefully things will go better with that

Very true, I love the 3G but I think I love ME more lol

chavezeclipse 06/24/2011 12:32 AM

gsr if you can drive manual. i dont think the mr is worth the money

AntmanGT009 06/24/2011 07:54 AM

Glad to hear that ur ok. By the looks of the car it could have been a lot worse...good luck on the EVO...

jaloosk 06/24/2011 08:05 AM

Glad you're OK. Cue the vultures. :lol:

HIJACKER 06/24/2011 08:33 AM

Quote:

Avoiding a speeding SUV on the way to work. Spun out but counter steered to avoid any other cars
This doesn't make sense - explain.

Where was the SUV, where were you, what action did you abruptly take to "spin out", how fast were you going, etc...

AntmanGT009 06/24/2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIJACKER (Post 3096501)
This doesn't make sense - explain.

Where was the SUV, where were you, what action did you abruptly take to "spin out", how fast were you going, etc...

When u think about it he does have a point.

DemonEclipse 06/24/2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIJACKER (Post 3096501)
This doesn't make sense - explain.

Where was the SUV, where were you, what action did you abruptly take to "spin out", how fast were you going, etc...

I was in the middle lane on the toll way doing 65 and the SUV, which was a sports BMW but I didn't see what kind, was in the same lane but two cars behind me. They were in a hurry and the left lane was not available to change so they sped up (maybe 75mph) and passed the guy behind me on the right. As they did I started to go into the right lane as well as my exit was coming up. I was half way in the right lane when I heard squealing tires under braking. I glance to my right to see the SUV barreling down on me. I was sure they were going to hit me so I turned the wheel to the left to go back into the middle lane. I turned to fast and the back end went out. It started to fishtail and I couldn't keep it straight. I managed to not hit any other cars but still crashed into the wall.

Meest00GT 06/24/2011 07:07 PM

Yikes, but at least you're ok! Good luck on the EVO, I'd personally go with a GSR. Save some money and get a true manual, its a win/win in my book.

HIJACKER 06/24/2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonEclipse (Post 3096821)
I was in the middle lane on the toll way doing 65 and the SUV, which was a sports BMW but I didn't see what kind, was in the same lane but two cars behind me. They were in a hurry and the left lane was not available to change so they sped up (maybe 75mph) and passed the guy behind me on the right. As they did I started to go into the right lane as well as my exit was coming up. I was half way in the right lane when I heard squealing tires under braking. I glance to my right to see the SUV barreling down on me. I was sure they were going to hit me so I turned the wheel to the left to go back into the middle lane. I turned to fast and the back end went out. It started to fishtail and I couldn't keep it straight. I managed to not hit any other cars but still crashed into the wall.

So the accident is your fault.

C3G 06/24/2011 09:56 PM

Glad to hear your ok, your pretty lucky especially since no one else hit you.

DemonEclipse 06/26/2011 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIJACKER (Post 3096866)
So the accident is your fault.

sure :rolleyes:

DemonEclipse 06/26/2011 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3G (Post 3096917)
Glad to hear your ok, your pretty lucky especially since no one else hit you.

Thanks! Very true, it could have been a lot worse!

DemonEclipse 06/26/2011 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meest00GT (Post 3096852)
Yikes, but at least you're ok! Good luck on the EVO, I'd personally go with a GSR. Save some money and get a true manual, its a win/win in my book.

Thanks! Yeah, I've been going through my finances and I think instead of the EVO right away I'll get a new 2011 (enter sensible car with good resale value around $18,000 with 0% APR) and get a condo instead. I need to stop throwing money away with rent at my current apartment. A condo will be first, then eventually sell the (previously stated car) for my EVO.

DemonEclipse 06/26/2011 02:09 AM

Since I do not have a garage or place to keep the car to part out I will be getting what I can off of it then trying to sell as is.

If anyone is interested PM me.

I already have someone interested in the fuel door. I will be able to take out the HID kit but mostly everything else will stay on the car.

Silvertune 06/26/2011 02:19 AM

Front emblem if you could pry that off quick when you're at it. If you do, PM me.

DemonEclipse 06/26/2011 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvertune (Post 3097430)
Front emblem if you could pry that off quick when you're at it. If you do, PM me.

I'll be honest probably not, but if I can I will PM you

HIJACKER 06/26/2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonEclipse (Post 3097418)
sure :rolleyes:

Sure is absolutely right. You made an excessive maneuver and over-corrected the car causing an accident. The individual behind you (regardless of what they were doing) never made impact with your vehicle. So in the eyes of the law, YOU are at fault.

Failure to maintain full time and attention, reckless driving, improper lane change, etc. You could fall into any of those categories (or a few others) depending on how the scene is analyzed and what they wrote on the report based on several other factors which you still haven't shared.

But, that's my professional opinion based on the little but you DID share. So roll your eyes all you want kiddo, you made a mistake and over-reacted.

mitsu3g01 06/26/2011 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIJACKER (Post 3097433)
Sure is absolutely right. You made an excessive maneuver and over-corrected the car causing an accident. The individual behind you (regardless of what they were doing) never made impact with your vehicle. So in the eyes of the law, YOU are at fault.

Failure to maintain full time and attention, reckless driving, improper lane change, etc. You could fall into any of those categories (or a few others) depending on how the scene is analyzed and what they wrote on the report based on several other factors which you still haven't shared.

But, that's my professional opinion based on the little but you DID share. So roll your eyes all you want kiddo, you made a mistake and over-reacted.

That pretty much sums it up. If he DID hit you it would be an entirely different story. Good luck with the outcome on your car though.

DemonEclipse 06/26/2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIJACKER (Post 3097433)
Sure is absolutely right. You made an excessive maneuver and over-corrected the car causing an accident. The individual behind you (regardless of what they were doing) never made impact with your vehicle. So in the eyes of the law, YOU are at fault.

Failure to maintain full time and attention, reckless driving, improper lane change, etc. You could fall into any of those categories (or a few others) depending on how the scene is analyzed and what they wrote on the report based on several other factors which you still haven't shared.

But, that's my professional opinion based on the little but you DID share. So roll your eyes all you want kiddo, you made a mistake and over-reacted.


Listen kiddo, before you run your mouth read a little. I never said anywhere it was not my fault. I simply said what happen. In my professional opinion as a decent human you need to take a lesson from everyone else on here. No one else jumped on my back on who's fault it was, they all asked if I was ok and sent their concerns and condolences. I appreciate what you are trying to do but have a heart and some sense before hitting that submit button, ok? Thanks, bye

DemonEclipse 06/26/2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitsu3g01 (Post 3097436)
That pretty much sums it up. If he DID hit you it would be an entirely different story. Good luck with the outcome on your car though.

Thank you, even if he did hit me there would be more factors to look at but again thanks for the concern :)

DemonEclipse 06/26/2011 07:40 PM

Anyone looking for a 3G to salvage?

Centurin 06/27/2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIJACKER (Post 3097433)
But, that's my professional opinion based on the little but you DID share. So roll your eyes all you want kiddo, you made a mistake and over-reacted.

Or he could have said screw it, and let the SUV hit him. Who cares about them getting hurt right? Sometimes professional opinions aren't always the correct ones. In general, when it comes to the law you're better off hitting something than swerving to avoid it.

DemonEclipse 06/27/2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Centurin (Post 3098037)
Or he could have said screw it, and let the SUV hit him. Who cares about them getting hurt right? Sometimes professional opinions aren't always the correct ones. In general, when it comes to the law you're better off hitting something than swerving to avoid it.

:agreed:

ccarrillo717 06/27/2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonEclipse (Post 3097682)
Anyone looking for a 3G to salvage?

How damaged is the alloy door?

HIJACKER 06/27/2011 10:28 PM

"Avoid a speeding SUV on the way to work"

Which means there was no contact with the other car. Which means the other vehicle did not actually force you off the road. Which means YOU drove your vehicle off the road into the safer barrier totaling it.

That's simple logic. Read it a few times, if you don't get it.

Unless the other car physically hit yours and changed the path of travel, the fact that you went off road, is your responsibility.

You freaked out due to another vehicle speeding in the right lane, and you over-reacted and lost control on your own accord. The other vehicle speeding in the right lane does NOT immediately equal loss of control.

Think about what you're saying. A speeding SUV goes into the right lane to pass ....and that causes you to have no choice but to crash? That makes no sense in the slightest.

You're completely missing the point that your reaction made the situation worse and could have caused a larger accident. For some reason, you view this as if you made the RIGHT choice to swerve, loose control, and crash. Well, you're wrong.

I'm making a big deal about this because there are a lot of young kids on this forum who will read your post and reaction and automatically assume that's a wise choice and it needs to be known that this is NOT HOW YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO REACT ON THE STREET.

DemonEclipse 06/27/2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIJACKER (Post 3098333)
"Avoid a speeding SUV on the way to work"

Which means there was no contact with the other car. Which means the other vehicle did not actually force you off the road. Which means YOU drove your vehicle off the road into the safer barrier totaling it.

That's simple logic. Read it a few times, if you don't get it.

Unless the other car physically hit yours and changed the path of travel, the fact that you went off road, is your responsibility.

You freaked out due to another vehicle speeding in the right lane, and you over-reacted and lost control on your own accord. The other vehicle speeding in the right lane does NOT immediately equal loss of control.

Think about what you're saying. A speeding SUV goes into the right lane to pass ....and that causes you to have no choice but to crash? That makes no sense in the slightest.

You're completely missing the point that your reaction made the situation worse and could have caused a larger accident. For some reason, you view this as if you made the RIGHT choice to swerve, loose control, and crash. Well, you're wrong.

I'm making a big deal about this because there are a lot of young kids on this forum who will read your post and reaction and automatically assume that's a wise choice and it needs to be known that this is NOT HOW YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO REACT ON THE STREET.

I have to be honest. I cant believe you are making a big deal of this. You have been a member on this forum for a long time and for the most part command respect.

First off...

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIJACKER (Post 3098333)
"Which means there was no contact with the other car. Which means the other vehicle did not actually force you off the road. Which means YOU drove your vehicle off the road into the saferbarrier totaling it."

That's....what I said...again, I never said it wasn't my fault nor his. I simply described the situation as it unfolded.


Quote:

Originally Posted by HIJACKER (Post 3098333)
"That's simple logic. Read it a few times, if you don't get it."

Apparently YOU need to read it a few times more.



Quote:

Originally Posted by HIJACKER (Post 3098333)
"Unless the other car physically hit yours and changed the path of travel, the fact that you went off road, is your responsibility."

....again, I never said it wasn't

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIJACKER (Post 3098333)
"You freaked out due to another vehicle speeding in the right lane, and you over-reacted and lost control on your own accord. The other vehicle speeding in the right lane does NOT immediately equal loss of control."

Did you even read what I wrote?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIJACKER (Post 3098333)
"Think about what you're saying. A speeding SUV goes into the right lane to pass ....and that causes you to have no choice but to crash? That makes no sense in the slightest."

Think of it in terms of all of what I wrote in terms of seconds. He may have been going 70 or 75 when he passed the car behind me (not crazy speeds lets be honest). He changed lanes almost at the same time I did but I was going 60 or 65 (technically we were both speeding). He did surprise me enough to have me turn the wheel too much and on top of that I was still kinda sleepy. All of this added up to me crashing (AGAIN, NOT SAYING IT WASN'T MY FAULT!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIJACKER (Post 3098333)
"You're completely missing the point that your reaction made the situation worse and could have caused a larger accident. For some reason, you view this as if you made the RIGHT choice to swerve, loose control, and crash. Well, you're wrong."

That's your misinterpretation of what I wrote. No where did I say, "He was speeding and almost hit me so I had no choice but to act quietly and thus lost control!" Furthermore, I also never said what I did out of instinct (NOT CONSCIOUS CHOICE) was the "RIGHT" choice. And you're right, this could have been a lot worse. I could have hurt or killed someone, I could have been killed myself, doesn't that alone warrant more open-minded compassion and sympathy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIJACKER (Post 3098333)
"I'm making a big deal about this because there are a lot of young kids on this forum who will read your post and reaction and automatically assume that's a wise choice and it needs to be known that this is NOT HOW YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO REACT ON THE STREET."

Again I have to be honest. I can not fathom why you are pressing this so much. This is not a thread about HOW TO DEAL WITH LANE CHANGES, or HOW TO CONTROL YOUR CAR WHEN AVOIDING ANOTHER CAR, or even HOW TO BE STUPID AND TOTAL YOUR PRIDE AND JOY.

I am in NO WAY trying to promote what I did as a teaching tool. If anything, you can see this as a learning experience. Instead of attacking me, why don't you HELP me and others know WHAT to do in situations like this or better yet, just say what everyone else did, "Glad your ok, sorry for your loss." Please, with all do respect, you are being a jerk.

I would hope that you would have more faith in the general population on this forum than to think them naive enough to read this "graveyard" thread and think its some sort of example for them to follow.

You really need to re-think your position on this. I am really not trying to piss you off, simply trying to address something that plagues a lot of forums and the world in general: People jumping to conclusion and generalities to justify some self righteous sense of policing everyone else. You need not jump down peoples throats about petty stuff (especially when you're mostly inaccurate), instead I suggest compassion, understanding, and common sense.

To everyone who DID honestly send me their best wishes, THANK YOU!!

jesesclipse 06/28/2011 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonEclipse (Post 3098362)
I have to be honest. I cant believe you are making a big deal of this. You have been a member on this forum for a long time and for the most part command respect.

First off...



That's....what I said...again, I never said it wasn't my fault nor his. I simply described the situation as it unfolded.




Apparently YOU need to read it a few times more.





....again, I never said it wasn't



Did you even read what I wrote?!



Think of it in terms of all of what I wrote in terms of seconds. He may have been going 70 or 75 when he passed the car behind me (not crazy speeds lets be honest). He changed lanes almost at the same time I did but I was going 60 or 65 (technically we were both speeding). He did surprise me enough to have me turn the wheel too much and on top of that I was still kinda sleepy. All of this added up to me crashing (AGAIN, NOT SAYING IT WASN'T MY FAULT!)



That's your misinterpretation of what I wrote. No where did I say, "He was speeding and almost hit me so I had no choice but to act quietly and thus lost control!" Furthermore, I also never said what I did out of instinct (NOT CONSCIOUS CHOICE) was the "RIGHT" choice. And you're right, this could have been a lot worse. I could have hurt or killed someone, I could have been killed myself, doesn't that alone warrant more open-minded compassion and sympathy?



Again I have to be honest. I can not fathom why you are pressing this so much. This is not a thread about HOW TO DEAL WITH LANE CHANGES, or HOW TO CONTROL YOUR CAR WHEN AVOIDING ANOTHER CAR, or even HOW TO BE STUPID AND TOTAL YOUR PRIDE AND JOY.

I am in NO WAY trying to promote what I did as a teaching tool. If anything, you can see this as a learning experience. Instead of attacking me, why don't you HELP me and others know WHAT to do in situations like this or better yet, just say what everyone else did, "Glad your ok, sorry for your loss." Please, with all do respect, you are being a jerk.

I would hope that you would have more faith in the general population on this forum than to think them naive enough to read this "graveyard" thread and think its some sort of example for them to follow.

You really need to re-think your position on this. I am really not trying to piss you off, simply trying to address something that plagues a lot of forums and the world in general: People jumping to conclusion and generalities to justify some self righteous sense of policing everyone else. You need not jump down peoples throats about petty stuff (especially when you're mostly inaccurate), instead I suggest compassion, understanding, and common sense.

To everyone who DID honestly send me their best wishes, THANK YOU!!

Man, looking at some of these forums and it seems like that in every one, hijacker manages to be an a**hole. Some people...

I think its crazy you missed everyone on that highway. At least you got a little lucky. Sad about the car though. Thats my fear with mine. If I crash, all that mod work goes down the drain. Glad you're alright though man.

StratRod 06/28/2011 04:07 AM

Glad you are okay. I know in the seconds accidents can happen that it is hard to make the right judgement on who goes where/what should have happened. Regardless of all of that, I am glad that you are alright and it wasn't any worse then it turned out being!

DemonEclipse 06/28/2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesesclipse (Post 3098438)
...

I think its crazy you missed everyone on that highway. At least you got a little lucky. Sad about the car though. Thats my fear with mine. If I crash, all that mod work goes down the drain. Glad you're alright though man.

Yep, exactly how I feel. Only consolation I have is that I didn't do any major projects yet.

DemonEclipse 06/28/2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratRod (Post 3098442)
Glad you are okay. I know in the seconds accidents can happen that it is hard to make the right judgement on who goes where/what should have happened. Regardless of all of that, I am glad that you are alright and it wasn't any worse then it turned out being!

Yeah, I think mostly anyone who finds themselves in an accident reacts without thinking at least a little. Sucks but you're right, it could have been a lot worse. Thank you for your concern :)

jstewart92 06/28/2011 10:26 AM

How are the TYCs? (The driver's looks okay, but if the passenger side is just lens damage I might still be interested- if the back is cracked, then no). Is your cluster cover the blue one? is it damaged any? Is your clockpod cover black? Is it damaged any?

ccarrillo717 06/28/2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesesclipse
You shut the hell up and quit bein a little bitch about everything.

So I got this from this kid cause I red him about his comments here :lol::lol::lol:

jesesclipse 06/28/2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccarrillo717 (Post 3098636)
So I got this from this kid cause I red him about his comments here :lol::lol::lol:

Ok, well how about your comments on both of the ereps you've sent me for no good reason? You give me bad rep because I'm defending this guy on the thread? Where's the sense in that? Quit it dude.

jesesclipse 06/28/2011 05:18 PM

You, ccarillo, are stalking my posts on this forum for some reason. That's not cool.

DemonEclipse 06/28/2011 06:05 PM

0_o

Can we not fight here?.....thanks

jesesclipse 06/28/2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonEclipse (Post 3098696)
0_o

Can we not fight here?.....thanks

Haha sorry man. Will lay off your thread now.

DemonEclipse 06/28/2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstewart92 (Post 3098493)
How are the TYCs? (The driver's looks okay, but if the passenger side is just lens damage I might still be interested- if the back is cracked, then no). Is your cluster cover the blue one? is it damaged any? Is your clockpod cover black? Is it damaged any?

Last I checked I believe the driver's side is ok....but I can't remember. I will see tomorrow.

KEEP IN MIND EVERYONE!

I will not be parting out this 3G because I don't have the space or time to do it. I might get some simple stuff off but for the most part it will be sold as is to anyone who lives near by.

DemonEclipse 07/04/2011 01:00 AM

Ok, car sold to a close friend of mine. I do not believe he is parting it out at all nor is he a member of Club3G. He said he is going to work on it and try to get it back to 100%....may take a while. At least I can look forward to someone rebuilding it to it's former glory as apposed to see it be scrapped.

SpyderGirl02 11/06/2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesesclipse (Post 3098438)
Man, looking at some of these forums and it seems like that in every one, hijacker manages to be an a**hole. Some people...

I think its crazy you missed everyone on that highway. At least you got a little lucky. Sad about the car though. Thats my fear with mine. If I crash, all that mod work goes down the drain. Glad you're alright though man.


:agreed:

And,
Glad you're ok, sorry about your car :(

XwP1ayawX 11/08/2011 11:51 AM

I could give a flying fuck about who's fault it is, it's a shame that your car got destroyed.

DemonEclipse 04/19/2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XwP1ayawX (Post 3166398)
I could give a flying fuck about who's fault it is, it's a shame that your car got destroyed.

Holy thread revival batman! lol

:agreed:

Was just going through some old things and saw this comment which I didn't notice before. It is a shame.

I ended up buying a new 2011 Toyota Corolla S to be more sensible. I will one day have my Evo but not just yet.

Thanks for the concern :)

DemonEclipse 04/19/2012 08:56 PM

Wow, just noticed that Hijacker was Banned XD

Not surprising really :)

Does anyone know the details?

jaloosk 04/20/2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonEclipse (Post 3247672)
Wow, just noticed that Hijacker was Banned XD

Not surprising really :)

Does anyone know the details?

Welcome to last year. Use the search button.

djasonpenney 08/21/2017 06:03 PM

Dude, this is almost the twin of my ride. It broke my heart to see this picture.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0