03 Eclipse possible total? - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Eclipse Graveyard

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01/22/2013, 12:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Track Bound.

Vehicle: 03 RS Eclipse
3rd_Gen : who are you?
03 Eclipse possible total?

Front end collision with the tow hook of a dodge ram. He took zero damage, I applied brakes but it was raining, slid for about 15 feet, into his rear end at about 18mph. This is what happens when people reverse on a two lane road cuz they missed their turn.

Truth is I've been trying to sell it for weeks, months really, but have been stumbling across more issues every month that I've been fixing slowly but surely. Had it for 2.5 years, bought it when I didn't know a thing about cars. Absolutely loved it, made a name for itself in gwinnett and on the track. Now I know aloooooot more and I'm ready for a real project. So I'm honestly ready to let it go. Question, is the damage repairation going to cost more than I owe on the car? ($2600) Full coverage. It was towed to a shop where it now sits. Waiting for an insurance adjuster to check it out.

The radiator cracked wide open, busted the fan, pushed the core support for the latch back and likely cracked it, broke the bracket holding front left light in place, ripped a hose, hood obviously wasted. I dont know if it touched my intake or exhaust mani, couldnt pry the hood up, but i kinda doubt it. I want them to write the car off as totaled but I'm not sure the dmg is enough. I've had a similar wreck before and it cost $4500. What do u guys think

I dont race based on what you drive, but how you handle the road. It may be a boosted supra, but can you take it around a corner and keep your composure?
3rd_Gen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01/22/2013, 01:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GT
Mr6G72 can pretty much be considered an idiot by all
Re: 03 Eclipse possible total?

It is repairable for less then that if u do all the work yourself but if you take it to the shop it will be expensive..if they total the car are you gonna keep it or let it go?? If so will you sell anything off of it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Mr6G72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/22/2013, 01:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Track Bound.

Vehicle: 03 RS Eclipse
3rd_Gen : who are you?
OK, that's what I figured.

I'm on the fence about keeping it if they total it. I'm not familiar with how that whole process works. If it works out that they pay off what I owe and give me enough to find a cheap running car on craigslist then let me keep the 3g, I'll have it towed to my place and just part it out. Friend me and if I do get to part it out I'll let folks know.

I dont race based on what you drive, but how you handle the road. It may be a boosted supra, but can you take it around a corner and keep your composure?
3rd_Gen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01/22/2013, 01:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: Varis Evo X
Treyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okayTreyzian seems to be okay
Sorry about what happened :/ Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Pretty sure you'll have to pay a fee to keep the car, though.
Treyzian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/22/2013, 09:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Eclipse GS
Menace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by all
if you decide to do a part out let me know, I am not that far away
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01/22/2013, 10:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2002 Eclipse GS
Zachman3340 seems to be okayZachman3340 seems to be okayZachman3340 seems to be okayZachman3340 seems to be okayZachman3340 seems to be okayZachman3340 seems to be okay
03 Eclipse possible total?

Doesn't look super bad. And you're right about that truck..no damage at all. Wow.

If you decide to part out, let me know.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Zachman3340 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/24/2013, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe
Ryasis : who are you?
Savannah here. What color is the interior? If you are going to part it out i am very interested in your interior pieces.
Ryasis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Eclipse Graveyard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in