Parting ways and Parting out - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Eclipse Graveyard

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04/23/2013, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
Kiotsu needs to be reminded to breathe.
Parting ways and Parting out

So, due to the fact of the extreme powers of rust and my ignorance in not knowing to remove the strut and inspect the inside of the tower, my car decided it'd injure itself. The actual strut tower (part of the frame, not the strut bar or strut) is about...90% disconnected now. Never noticed anything in terms of the car driving or handling different till I saw my hood popped up just a tad on one side a few days ago, around the same time I was attacked by the pot-hole demons. Long story short, look at the pic (ignore the red, it's gone lol).

Considering I got a quote at $3k to repair it, I think it's time to scrap the girl and part-out. I've got a list of things in there that you guys might want from the AEM V2 to my full 6g74 swap, RPW's, blah blah I'll post it up later. Just giving you all a heads up since I'm pretty much silent on this forum since I PM all the time.

Let me know what you guys think, and if $3k seems like the appropriate price/quote. $1.5k is what I'd consider tops for replacing this.

Kiotsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04/23/2013, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 eclipse GS
3GS559 : who are you?3GS559 : who are you?
Wow that sucks. Sorry for your loss.
How much for those hood shocks?
3GS559 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/23/2013, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Shut up.

Vehicle: 2007 Infiniti G35X
wright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends herewright06jhs has a few friends here
Send a message via MSN to wright06jhs
Thats part of the reason I traded the Stratus off

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wright06jhs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04/23/2013, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.
How much for the rpw's and what kind of exhaust do u have

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
tHEpRINCE-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/23/2013, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GTX
Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Price on the RPW's shipped to 55410 if you would.

Five speed?
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/23/2013, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

blackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regular
How's your egr valve?

blackspydergt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/23/2013, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Past 5 posts

I'm not 100% on parting it out until I get at least 2 more repair quotes, but if I do, here's the listing for the parts you guys asked about so far:
Hood Struts (New, just installed a week ago) - $45-55 shipped

RPW's (their attached to a custom full/true 3" exhaust) - I'm not sure yet...No idea on shipping but I'd do somewhere in the ball-park of 3-450 picked up once I do my homework on pricing. I've had these for awhile.

EGR valve was decent, haven't had any problems and I clean it whenever I'm doing any engine work.

And to Silvertune, yes, it's a 5 speed mani.

While I'm at it, I'm on Tein-S techs with 18" Black Ice Mayhem rims with Nitto Extenza tires, both less than 1k miles on them. Sh*t, less than 500 miles even.

Have smoked Sonars with...6k HID's. All smoked lights, Optima Red Top, Big 3 (more like Big 5...I got carried away and kept going, including the starter, fuse box, etc...) Uh....Pioneer double din, custom gauge pod (I'm a dork), Full set of Prosport Evo gauges (I might keep these) - Water temp, oil pressure, wideband (yes, a wide, not a narrow for the those curious), Kenwood Amp (forgot the specs), and a long list of other crap.

Pics here are dated by a bit (tween 1 month - 2 weeks old), but I'll post some new ones once I get back to my car on the weekend (with proof of ownership, no worries). I wasn't planning on selling anything when I took these pics so that's why there's no name. There's a few changes between when I took them and now. I live in Chicago but had to park this thing in my parentsW garage in the suburbs so that's why you'll have to wait a tad. Street-side parking in the city is fierce and unpredictable...
Old 04/23/2013, 05:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.
Suburbs in IL?, I may be interested in headers and exhaust and have cash in hand

Old 04/23/2013, 05:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ignore the short ram intake. I borrowed that from a friend because I had to relocate my battery and some things after the swap. I've got the AEM v2 back in there now.

Old 04/23/2013, 05:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Pm'd

Old 04/27/2013, 08:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Heads up, it's official. I'm parting it. You guys will see the actual thread tonight hopefully. I'll put up a few pictures there but the rest will be on my google-drive link (took over 100). If you want something specific in terms of pictures or sound clips, let me know and I'll add anything new tomorrow morning.

I'm giving priority to anyone local on big parts due to avoid any shipping P.I.T.A. situations. And yes, literally the ENTIRE car is going up, including the 6G74 in there and body.

If you want to start looking early, here's the link to where my photos are:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...1k&usp=sharing

P.S.- I'm "NOT" parting out the engine. I'm trying to keep that thing together for the moment (Long/Short block). For those wondering, it's running the 6g72 cams.
Old 04/27/2013, 08:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

It says the access is denied ..... I'd love to see these

Old 04/27/2013, 08:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Seriously? Give me one sec, could have sworn I set it to public. I'll update in a minute.

Also, I'm giving priority to local buyers but as of now, nothing is for sale UNTIL I put it up in the for sale section so that it's fair to the other members who don't read the whole forum
Old 04/27/2013, 08:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Check again. I just re-did it, should be available. If not, I'm going back to Photobucket lol
Old 04/28/2013, 04:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

babyblu sucksbabyblu sucks
How about the large dash part mine cracked. I'm in Orlando
babyblu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/29/2013, 12:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblu View Post
How about the large dash part mine cracked. I'm in Orlando
Mine is cracked too, but not to any extremely bad degree. If you wish, I can still send it out your way but keep in mind that the dash is a massive solid piece and I have not idea what the shipping cost will be from Illinois to Florida.
Old 04/29/2013, 03:22 AM   #17 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 GTS
aznboie7903 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to aznboie7903
How much for wheels and tires...

aznboie7903 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04/29/2013, 01:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GT V6
rowebil : who are you?rowebil : who are you?rowebil : who are you?rowebil : who are you?
Definitely such a beautiful car! It's sad to see it go :/ I love the blue!
rowebil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/24/2013, 05:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Stratus Coupe
Ryasis : who are you?
What year?
Ryasis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05/26/2013, 09:35 PM   #20 (permalink)

Vehicle: 01 cherokee, 07 g6 gt
ohio 3g gt : who are you?
How much for your hatch? Did the Ripps sell? If not do you have any pictures of what shape they are in. Do you have a picture of your gauge cluster and how much you would want for it?
ohio 3g gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06/04/2013, 04:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
GT

Vehicle: 2001 6g74 Eclipse GT
SpeedDemon350 : who are you?
Send a message via AIM to SpeedDemon350
How much for the front right tweeter shipped to 21784?
SpeedDemon350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Eclipse Graveyard

Tags
damage, parts, sale, sell, strut

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in