Close to the end - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Eclipse Graveyard

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07/20/2013, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

Vehicle: Rental LOL
AviciiFan : who are you?
Close to the end

So i bought this car 2 mondays ago and it has been in an accident that was 100% the other drivers fault... it is soon to be going to the shop and see if the mechanics can see what has happened... if the frame is bent... its gone.... if its fixable they will let me know... here is a pic on how it looks...

Last edited by AviciiFan; 07/20/2013 at 09:49 AM.
AviciiFan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07/20/2013, 11:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
lit up

Vehicle: '14 BRZ
soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.
that'll buff right out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
soundman98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/20/2013, 11:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Swing the Hammer

Vehicle: 2000 Eclipse GTX
Silvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club existsSilvertune is one of the reasons this club exists
Dude you can see the frame with your own eyes. The side skirts are the unibody. That thing is done.
Silvertune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07/20/2013, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: 03 GTS
fclass308 has a few friends herefclass308 has a few friends herefclass308 has a few friends herefclass308 has a few friends herefclass308 has a few friends herefclass308 has a few friends herefclass308 has a few friends herefclass308 has a few friends here
That shouldn't be a problem. Worst case, a donor rocker can be sectioned in.
fclass308 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/20/2013, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
am cat

Vehicle: 2007 Camaro
Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
that'll buff right out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fclass308 View Post
Yes, depending on the insurance appraisal.

Bitter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/21/2013, 03:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse Gts
nigel3018 : who are you?nigel3018 : who are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fclass308 View Post
Why that?? Bondo will work just fine! Sand it down to metal though and it'll look brand new!

Lol but I'm glad your okay!
nigel3018 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/21/2013, 11:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

u wanna know the sad thing about this... the other person... drove a white ford mustang 2012 and only had a scratch of paint off and some of my paint.... no fking dents or anything!!!!
Old 07/23/2013, 10:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

so far i havent received a phone call from the auto body shop... might be being worked on...
Old 07/23/2013, 10:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
lit up

soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.soundman98 is clearly one sexy bitch.
then call them.. an no, between insurance and repair shops, they don't just start working on them without letting you know..

Old 07/24/2013, 08:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

Quote:
then call them.. an no, between insurance and repair shops, they don't just start working on them without letting you know..
interesting.. then wtf is taking so long? xD
Old 07/24/2013, 09:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
lit up

you're the one with the phone number, you tell me..

Old 07/25/2013, 05:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

they just notified me.... the car is a total loss.... i wish i could share some pics with u guys but... i only had it for 2 weeks....this is freaking stupid....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07/25/2013, 05:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
lit up

meh, it was just a car-- think of all the better cars you could get with the money!

Old 07/25/2013, 06:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
am cat

Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.Bitter is clearly one sexy bitch.
They're probably only going to give him about $4500 for the car.

Old 07/25/2013, 07:57 PM   #15 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.
If that is 500$ less than what you paid for the car that's an amazing deal

tHEpRINCE-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/27/2013, 11:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEpRINCE-GT View Post
If that is 500$ less than what you paid for the car that's an amazing deal

I bought it off of a friend of mine that had to get rid of it.... 1k is how much i bought it off of him for =) so hopefully i get that right amount of money if not, imma have to negotiate bc was in good condition...before the accident that is xD
Old 07/27/2013, 11:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
am cat

You should get more than $1000 for it, you don't have to accept their first offer. Feel free to haggle, worst case they say no and you take their first offer anyway. Look up the Blue Book value for private sale to see what it should have been worth before the accident, they should offer somewhere near that but more than trade in value. If they offer less than trade in value, haggle.

Old 07/27/2013, 11:34 AM   #18 (permalink)

tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.tHEpRINCE-GT is clearly one sexy bitch.
I hope you come out on top, 1k is a steal and far below kbb value which should be what the insurance should pay out based on
Old 07/27/2013, 11:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
You should get more than $1000 for it, you don't have to accept their first offer. Feel free to haggle, worst case they say no and you take their first offer anyway.
iight so i should pretty much say after they say...." SO we are looking at a trade value of 2500 for ur car" ... i pause for a second... "The thing is that I just got this car about two weeks ago and i just did a lot of tune up work to my car and have just placed my sound system within the car and now having to get it removed is going to be a hassel. along with the fact that i just searched the KBB value of the car and in fair condition its around 3100...and at excellent condition its aroind 4100 with the ammount of mileage i have o the car... and also iv been looking around online and multiple friends of mine have been noticing some of the same cars for around 4500, and you see, im kind of trying to look for the same car since i did just join a community forum all about Eclipses and would like to get some more support within the long run about it... and it doesnt help that this car was pretty much my dream car.. and now its gone and really wish i could get another one back..."
Old 07/27/2013, 11:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

Quote:
I hope you come out on top, 1k is a steal and far below kbb value which should be what the insurance should pay out based on
i kno it was a steal bc.. to be honest.. outside of the car was ok some scratches here and there... but under the hood locks normal... but it wasent for the fact that he has changed every single thing under the hood with brand new items, water pump, timing belt, transmission modifications, short shifter, etc etc nothing to ricy but hell it was freaking awesome. just plain and simple
Old 07/27/2013, 11:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
am cat

Yes, feel free to haggle. You may get more, you may not get more, but you won't get less.

Old 07/27/2013, 11:48 AM   #22 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

ight ill keep that in mind, plus a few family members of mine have been telling me i should to look more onto the private value rather than trade in is that true?
Old 07/27/2013, 12:02 PM   #23 (permalink)

Absolutly ...
Because you aren't trading it in ... And look at private party, that's how you got it in the first place
Old 07/27/2013, 03:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

Quote:
Absolutly ...
Because you aren't trading it in ... And look at private party, that's how you got it in the first place
you got it, ill be doing that thanks fellas for ur sympathy and enlightenment. .. unlike the Facebook Club3G site lol

Old 08/01/2013, 08:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

Take a guess on how much im getting back, just take a guess. remember i paid 1k for it

Old 08/01/2013, 08:43 PM   #26 (permalink)

3500$$

??
Old 08/01/2013, 08:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
am cat

$4500.

Wait, $1 Bob!!

Old 08/01/2013, 08:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Vehicle: THIS HOUSE!!
jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviciiFan View Post
Take a guess on how much im getting back, just take a guess. remember i paid 1k for it

Nobody likes this game. Out with it...

|
|
jaloosk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/01/2013, 10:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
lit up

they're charging you to take it back! -$1!!

Old 08/02/2013, 08:52 AM   #30 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.jaloosk paypaled $25 to ED for this rep.
It doesn't matter what it is...nobody's gonna beat my payout.

|
|
Old 08/03/2013, 12:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

Quote:
3500$$

??
HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW!!! WHO ARE YOU DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM>!??!?!
Old 08/03/2013, 12:34 PM   #32 (permalink)

Buddy do u not see the camera????
Old 08/03/2013, 12:37 PM   #33 (permalink)

Just shitting you, I just guessed,
Old 08/03/2013, 06:03 PM   #34 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

Quote:
Buddy do u not see the camera????
AHA!! I found it u little sneak it was in my walk in room...

Old 08/03/2013, 06:16 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
AHA!! I found it u little sneak it was in my walk in room...

Can I request a 30% chunk of your insurance profit ?
Old 08/03/2013, 09:21 PM   #36 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

Quote:
Can I request a 30% chunk of your insurance profit ?
cant do...i want another 3g... but im looking at 2g's any recommendations? (Eclipse wise not money wise xD)
Old 08/03/2013, 09:31 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
cant do...i want another 3g... but im looking at 2g's any recommendations? (Eclipse wise not money wise xD)
My cousin has a 2g gs-t spyder. I HATE driving it. It's an over popular car. And it's been out so long you're buying an overpriced old car. I'd go with a later year 3G that was well taken car of,
Old 08/04/2013, 12:06 AM   #38 (permalink)
lit up

i think you're better off avoiding anything mitsu, and actually going after something that has value.. like a 350z, g35, etc..

Old 08/04/2013, 09:31 AM   #39 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

i would love a 350z... but to be honest, how would i be able to afford one if im only getting 3500 0.o? lone? payments? whats should it be xD i dont have any credit.. should i start it on a car?
Old 08/04/2013, 09:40 AM   #40 (permalink)

There are easier ways to establish credit. And don't mod a car until its paid off has always been my rule. I think we would all want a 350z and a supra in the garage
Old 08/04/2013, 09:52 AM   #41 (permalink)

blackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regularblackspydergt should be considered a regular
Quote:
i would love a 350z... but to be honest, how would i be able to afford one if im only getting 3500 0.o? lone? payments? whats should it be xD i dont have any credit.. should i start it on a car?
If you don't have someone co signing with you that has an established credit, you are going to get rape in the black cherry many of times.

If you can get a co signer than I would recommend it. It really shot my credit score up the charts, that and about 3 credit cards.

There's a lot of factors. Do you have a good job, do you have any cash sved up.

blackspydergt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/04/2013, 11:52 AM   #42 (permalink)
lit up

Quote:
then you should really get a credit card or two.. as long as you can figure that you can afford to pay it off within a year or two--it's fine to get a 3-5 year loan with means to pay off early-- that's how i worked it-- paid off within a 1-1/2 years on a 3yr loan.. but if you're barely swinging enough for the payments, then it's probably not a good idea..

Quote:
There are easier ways to establish credit. And don't mod a car until its paid off has always been my rule. I think we would all want a 350z and a supra in the garage
you couldn't pay me to take a supra. they are attention whores of the car world.

Old 08/05/2013, 07:33 AM   #43 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

Quote:
Well hello supra hahaha my all time fav car xD

Old 08/07/2013, 05:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

seems like i might be looking at a Spyder... anything i should look for into this car as its a convertible? What should i be looking for in defects and stuff?
Old 08/07/2013, 05:30 PM   #45 (permalink)

Motors, leaking. Excess water in trunk, rust in front strut caps... Ect

Old 08/07/2013, 06:24 PM   #46 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2013 Genesis 2.0T R-Spec
BRBRT03 has a few friends hereBRBRT03 has a few friends hereBRBRT03 has a few friends hereBRBRT03 has a few friends hereBRBRT03 has a few friends hereBRBRT03 has a few friends hereBRBRT03 has a few friends hereBRBRT03 has a few friends hereBRBRT03 has a few friends here
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspydergt View Post
If you don't have someone co signing with you that has an established credit, you are going to get rape in the black cherry many of times.
If you can get a co signer than I would recommend it. It really shot my credit score up the charts, that and about 3 credit cards.
There's a lot of factors. Do you have a good job, do you have any cash sved up.
All of this. When I bought my Stratus as a 20yr old kid with NO clue about anything relating to financing I ended up in a first time buyers program through a local bank which helped me get the car loan w/o a co-signer. What I didn't know at the time was the interest rate....16%. My asshole hurts to this day.
Worst case if you can get into something like that is take the hit for a year or two with that horrible rate and use it to build your score and credit history(I had a great score but 0 history) and refinance it later through a bank or credit union at a FAR better rate.
5 years later my credit score is in the mid 700s and lenders dont even hesitate to approve me.

BRBRT03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08/07/2013, 06:51 PM   #47 (permalink)
lit up

Quote:
seems like i might be looking at a Spyder... anything i should look for into this car as its a convertible? What should i be looking for in defects and stuff?
don't. look harder for a hard top.. i'm so tired of my convertible, the only reason it's still around is because it's not worth anything anymore and it still runs fine...

Old 08/07/2013, 06:53 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
don't. look harder for a hard top.. i'm so tired of my convertible, the only reason it's still around is because it's not worth anything anymore and it still runs fine...
Agree x 1000

I love my hardtop and hate my cousins ragtop

Old 08/07/2013, 07:43 PM   #49 (permalink)
lit up

if the car were 10 years newer, the ragtop wouldn't be so bad, but with the age, it's just another group of things that is wearing out...

Old 08/07/2013, 10:21 PM   #50 (permalink)
Hammer Time!

Quote:
if the car were 10 years newer, the ragtop wouldn't be so bad, but with the age, it's just another group of things that is wearing out...
So much this. I'd avoid a convertible unless the top has been replaced recently.

|
|
Old 08/07/2013, 10:24 PM   #51 (permalink)
am cat

Convertibles suck unless you're gay or a woman.

Old 08/07/2013, 10:30 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
Convertibles suck unless you're gay or a woman.
If you're both get it. Statistics show that you would be nearing 300 pounds and have no long hair to blow in the breeze. But that's only factual stereotyping
Old 08/07/2013, 10:44 PM   #53 (permalink)
lit up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaloosk View Post
So much this. I'd avoid a convertible unless the top has been replaced recently.
yep. and considering top replacement is nearly as much as the car these days, you can pretty much count on it to not be done..

Old 08/08/2013, 06:47 PM   #54 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

Quote:
yep. and considering top replacement is nearly as much as the car these days, you can pretty much count on it to not be done..
now what if i wete to tell u it were a GTS? 5 speed manual... would u reconsider?

Old 08/08/2013, 06:53 PM   #55 (permalink)

Bro. They have a hardtop version that comes at the same price

Old 08/08/2013, 07:39 PM   #56 (permalink)
lit up

gts means nothing except that it's an 03-05 3.0 v6... 5spd is better then auto, but i still think my convertible argument trumps that..

Old 08/08/2013, 10:14 PM   #57 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

Quote:
gts means nothing except that it's an 03-05 3.0 v6... 5spd is better then auto, but i still think my convertible argument trumps that..
ok....fine..... then i gotta keep looking... idk if id be able to get around finding a hard top one for 2500... the guys is only wanting that much lol he just bought himself a new 2013 camaro
Old 08/08/2013, 10:48 PM   #58 (permalink)
lit up

a new top is about $1200, and don't forget the maintenance, so it's closer to $4k once all that is done..

Old 08/09/2013, 06:11 PM   #59 (permalink)
OnePO'dPuertoRican

Quote:
a new top is about $1200, and don't forget the maintenance, so it's closer to $4k once all that is done..
oh damn... damn well thats my last resort... ok but now im also looking at a Mint Condition 3000GT... and was wondering what i should be looking for... it has about 149k miles on it and i have seen recently added pictures of it... even tho it has been garaged and only driven 1 or two days of 3 out of the four seasons besides summer times... he used it mainly as a summer car... and he has been the only owner too
Old 08/09/2013, 07:48 PM   #60 (permalink)
am cat

3KGT's if boosted even stock especially the VR4 with AWS are a nightmare mechanically.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Eclipse Graveyard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in