To salvage or not to salvage? 😰 - Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums
Go Back   Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Eclipse Graveyard

Club3G.com is the premier Mitsubishi Eclipse Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07/25/2013, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GS
3GnStil3tt0s : who are you?
Send a message via Skype™ to 3GnStil3tt0s
Unhappy To salvage or not to salvage? 😰

Alright you guys, I made a appearance on the forum sometime last year. Haven't really had the chance to interact w/ too many ppl on here but I frequently check in. So long story short my Man Ty is down for the count .. about 2weeks ago I ran up on a big a** boulder .. I know, I know plz don't criticize too much. I'm near sided as sh*t & it was extremely dark around where I was. Anyway, yeah so my insurance company has totaled him out. I'm mad as he!! about it cuz they mainly said his value compared to repair cost was due to mileage. I got 200,208 on dash right now because I first bought when I was commuting to school. This car is my heart & I feel like I let him down. I just did the clutch on him 2months ago, I replaced the timing belt earlier last year & was soon to do my sensors & just little cosmetic stuff. Now from what I thought I assumed the frame bent but was told it was just radiator support and I got a hole in my radiator. No damage to oil pan surprisingly besides a few scratches but would replace it anyway. If I let them total him out they're willing to give a lil over $2500. If I salvage I only get $2100+ soooo my question is salvage him or no? I've found another eclipse for about $2300 so possibly I could get that cuz I'm not willing to hop into anything else lol. Or is it selfish to buy that one & just hold onto Ty for sentimental reasons even tho he'll have a salvage title? We been thru it all. I'm so conflicted! Help!?
3GnStil3tt0s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07/25/2013, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Redneck Yankee Admin

Vehicle: 05 GS-T Remix Edition
Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.Chad is God.
I'd take the money and run with it. At the end of the day, it is just a car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If life is a highway, mine is missing some signs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/25/2013, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Electrify

Vehicle: 2001 Black Eclipse GT
grfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by allgrfft3r seems to be well-liked by all
Even though we do get attached to our rides, Chad is right, It's an inanimate object.

You got to be practical. Just make sure the other one you're eyeing is in good shape. GL!

sent from my 3g eclipse @ 210mph

grfft3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07/25/2013, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

True, very true. My brother was saying the same thing to me. smh, idk maybe it's just the female in me, I'm super attached! lol either way I'm getting another 3G no doubt about it. It seems everyone is agreeing I just take the cash & walk away.
Old 07/25/2013, 01:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Aple juic is my beer

Vehicle: 02 GT 3.8L, '16 Jeep GC
Drunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club existsDrunkoffjuic is one of the reasons this club exists
Send a message via AIM to Drunkoffjuic
All I know is if I were crash my car and it got totaled I would not try to fix it. I may buy it back and part it out, otherwise I would just take the money and run.

All images appearing on club3g.com posted by user "Drunkoffjuic" aka Eric Nemcek, are the exclusive property of Eric Nemcek and are protected under the United States and International Copyright laws.

The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of Eric Nemcek .

Use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration (digital, artist rendering or alike) is a violation of the United States and International Copyright laws. All images are copyrighted 2006 - 2016 Eric Nemcek .
Drunkoffjuic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/25/2013, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah, I considered that too. Talking it over with a couple ppl & coming to realization there really isn't a big gap between the money if I keep him or relinquish him. It's only like $400 difference so I think I'm leaning more towards doing that. When I finalize stuff w/ the insurance I'll keep u guys posted on what I decide to do. Thanks you guys!
Old 07/25/2013, 03:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse Gts
nigel3018 : who are you?nigel3018 : who are you?
I would just salvage it and keep it because now basically you gain 2100$ and either way you win rather you part it out or buy another car...
nigel3018 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/25/2013, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
'Ruko

Vehicle: 03 Stratus R/T Cali-Spec
Isoruko needs to be reminded to breathe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel3018 View Post
I would just salvage it and keep it because now basically you gain 2100$ and either way you win rather you part it out or buy another car...
x2
Isoruko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07/25/2013, 06:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Vehicle: 02 Eclipse GS
Menace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by allMenace seems to be well-liked by all
Take the money
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums > Non-Performance Car Forums > Eclipse Graveyard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in